Most iconic game of the 21st century?

The guys over at the Burst Baw podcast are running a competition to decide the most iconic Scottish game of the 21st century.

Some pretty good choices in the final 12 after being narrowed down from an original list of 50.

Voting closes tonight at 11pm.

http://burstbawpodcast.net/2016/12/09/the-final-most-iconic-scottish-games-of-the-21st-century/

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the rangers 5-1 win in November 2000 was not iconic in the same way for us as the 6-2 game was for Celtic earlier in the same season , a great win none the less but not really iconic with reason being we lost the league by a fair margin and the 6-2 game for Celtic was really the beginning of the end of them watching us rule the roost for over a decade and a half , our first 5-1 towards the end of the eighties was far more "iconic" than the 2000 version for reasons similar above . For example more iconic victories over Celtic this century I would include the 2002 Scottish cup final , 4-2 at parkhead and even last seasons semi final ahead of the 5-1 game . 

12 minutes ago, Elixir said:

A few years from now the only thing about that final that will be remembered for by non Hibs fans is the shame it brought to the nation.

I would argue neglecting payments as a club to poppy charities, and millions more is a little more shameful.

Only Rangers fans share your point of view mate. I suggest you build a bridge.  We won the cup in the greatest manner ever.  Knocking you boys out on the way. 

Archived