Smoking

Cosmic Joe

I quit smoking five weeks ago. I've used the patches and the lozenges and I've never looked back. I had a cigarette on a night out a couple of weeks ago, but didn't enjoy it. Really can't see myself ever going back on the fags, just too expensive more than anything!

I quit smoking five weeks ago. I've used the patches and the lozenges and I've never looked back. I had a cigarette on a night out a couple of weeks ago, but didn't enjoy it. Really can't see myself ever going back on the fags, just too expensive more than anything!

Aye the cost of it is insane

60e524c0e29b0c5f4632302ecfc577ab.jpg

Three fucking thousand pounds [emoji30]

Aye the cost of it is insane

60e524c0e29b0c5f4632302ecfc577ab.jpg

Three fucking thousand pounds [emoji30]

I would like to say that I gave up for health benefits, but I genuinely enjoyed smoking, I just couldn't afford it anymore!

On 3/8/2017 at 00:35, Toma_BullyWee said:

I've been off them now for around 5 months and only had 1 fag. 

15 minutes ago, Adam said:

I quit smoking five weeks ago. I've used the patches and the lozenges and I've never looked back.

Good luck, you two...I'm now in to my 43rd year of smoking and wish tae f**k I could stop so always admire those with fortitude.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Good luck, you two...I'm now in to my 43rd year of smoking and wish tae f**k I could stop so always admire those with fortitude.

No point in stopping now, the damage is already done, you might as well enjoy it.

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I gave up about 42 years ago, really glad I did.  It wasn't a cost thing really as the relative costs are nothing compared to these days.  

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No point in stopping now, the damage is already done, you might as well enjoy it.

You're a happy optimist today, Welshy ;)

I was talking to my 16 yo about smoking last night.  His view is that none of his male friends smoke (and I can believe that having met many of them and most are rugby players) but the lassies do.  How recent a phenomenon is this?

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I gave up about 42 years ago, really glad I did.  It wasn't a cost thing really as the relative costs are nothing compared to these days.  

Well yes.  I'm younger than you ;) but can remember getting 3 pints of Tartan Special and 20 Embassy No 3 for £1.

What sort of a world is it we live in that a poor guy in his 20's can't even afford a recreational activity that will more than likely kill him from cancer? My heart bleeds.

Who took the jam out of your doughnut, Throbber?!

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well yes.  I'm younger than you ;) but can remember getting 3 pints of Tartan Special and 20 Embassy No 3 for £1.

Used to smoke these. They were about the size of three matchsticks rolled together.

7743f3714360939ba6be4ba5e5935bfa.jpg

What sort of a world is it we live in that a poor guy in his 20's can't even afford a recreational activity that will more than likely kill him from cancer? My heart bleeds.

I think that was the point we were trying to make; it is indeed a stupidly expensive thing to do.

I reached a wee milestone last week. I was at a pals house and had a couple of those, eh, herbal cigarettes. I enjoyed it, but not the tobacco. That was one thing I was worried about, having a casual wee herbal then getting that glorious beautiful fag taste and getting back on them. 

Didnae happen. 

Could it possibly be that I didn't enjoy them as much as I thought? Ah well, I'll stick to my wee bottles of fruit pastel fag juice. 

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

43yrs and no lung cancer and emphysema. That's a plus.

Liver might not be too good shape though.

4 minutes ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

I reached a wee milestone last week. I was at a pals house and had a couple of those, eh, herbal cigarettes. I enjoyed it, but not the tobacco. That was one thing I was worried about, having a casual wee herbal then getting that glorious beautiful fag taste and getting back on them. 

Didnae happen. 

Could it possibly be that I didn't enjoy them as much as I thought? Ah well, I'll stick to my wee bottles of fruit pastel fag juice. 

You should get a wee pipe and smoke the herb pure. Just in case.

Yes and I'm in no place to criticise anyone for how they spend their money, was just a remark as to how Adams post came across to me. It reminds me of my father who complains that he can't go out drinking in rural Scotland and drive home anymore because the police are far more into clamping down on drink drivers than they were 20 odd years ago.

Fair enough. Those damn police, catching drunk drivers instead of catching burglars, rapists, immigrants, lefties etc etc