Old photos of your club

Brockville was never mine, but seeing film or pictures of it always makes me sad for its loss.

Loved the place. What a noise & so close to the pitch. Don't get me wrong, it had its fair share of poor crowds & dead atmosphere games too but when it was good it was bloody good. Didn't always need a big crowd to have a good noise too.

I get quite frustrated with the opinion that our new place is always poor for atmosphere but there's been some big games & crowds that have had the place going bonkers and it's been up their in terms of memories made.

7 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Loved the place. What a noise & so close to the pitch. Don't get me wrong, it had its fair share of poor crowds & dead atmosphere games too but when it was good it was bloody good. Didn't always need a big crowd to have a good noise too.

I get quite frustrated with the opinion that our new place is always poor for atmosphere but there's been some big games & crowds that have had the place going bonkers and it's been up their in terms of memories made.

The new place is impressive in its own way and it certainly benefits from having three sides, as opposed to its earlier incarnations.

It's also too easy to idealise a place which as you say, must have been morguelike at times.  However, for this outsider, it just seems like something irreplaceable went when town centre terracing got torn down.  I'm not having a go.  I'd just see Falkirk as one of the biggish clubs that has lost out most in the modern era in terms of their ground.

Valencia.jpg

Match finished 6-2. Valencia put us out in a knockout tie in Portugal (there was no away goals in them days.)

419793_2679358037061_1214356097_n.jpg?oh

Action from our biggest match, European Cup Semi-Final against Slovan Bratislava in 1969. After putting out favourites West Brom, ourselves and Barcelona became the immediate favourites, however Slovan bitched us in the semi and then bitched Barcelona in the final. 

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

23807746c4af09e4b214fb6eedca5b9e.jpg

4e110be7a0189575ce5bcc1b8b3e1e46.jpg

Somerset Park with slightly more supporters than will be there this coming Saturday

That looks like the ground record v Rangers in 1969. I was there, a lot of us young laddies were sitting on the track. 25225, not a lot of people will believe that :lol:

Goalie is Stewart, 6 is Mitchell, and Penman and Stein of Rangers. Ayr 2 (Young, Ferguson), Rangers 1 (Stein).

Edited by The Mantis

800x600_wallpaper22_1024x768.jpg

I think this was my favourite time for Pars games. I stood behind the goals when younger then went towards the cage/half way line later on. It was some atmosphere, rock steady couldnt handle it now. When we scored everyone just ran up to the mesh giving it to the away fans, would usually end up in a totally different area beside randoms afterwards. I seem to remember a craze of people wearing plastic yellow fireman helmets for some reason. I really miss it people who didn't even like football would go along for a laugh.

On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 11:15, Paco said:

Why on earth did Alloa knock that down? I realise they have the terrible gazebo stand there now, but there was definitely an interim period with nothing running down that touchline, in the Second Division circa 2006?

Alloa is terrible ground now for the away fans. Home terrace always looks good though.

I recall hearing at the time that the terrace had been built up on coal ash and that there was some potentially dodgy stuff in it. It was big and there was an equally large part on the back on the other side of the enclosure, it was a proper hill. It apparently had to go at some point and in 2006 an opportunity came along to have the whole lot moved at no (or minimal) cost to the club as infill for the Clackmannanshire Bridge. Made sense I suppose and the club also went on to sell the land freed up by removing the hill. There was one season when there was nothing on that side of the ground before they bought the Gazebo. 

Only the Railway End remains pretty much unchanged since I started going to Alloa in 1988. Despite those changes it still feels like home and I'd hate for Alloa to move elsewhere. 

Here's one for the thread, Alloa at Ibrox in 1921. Central League Alloa beat SFL Falkirk and Clydebank over 7 games in the Scottish Cup and then drew 0-0 with Rangers at Ibrox. Rangers suggested the Recs couldn't cope with the replay crowd and Alloa directors agreed to go back to Ibrox, where Alloa lost 4-1. Got our revenge in the Petrofac Cup 93 years later though.

Ca9dOMeWcAEIuZN.jpg

Edited by Waspie

800x600_wallpaper22_1024x768.jpg

I think this was my favourite time for Pars games. I stood behind the goals when younger then went towards the cage/half way line later on. It was some atmosphere, rock steady couldnt handle it now. When we scored everyone just ran up to the mesh giving it to the away fans, would usually end up in a totally different area beside randoms afterwards. I seem to remember a craze of people wearing plastic yellow fireman helmets for some reason. I really miss it people who didn't even like football would go along for a laugh.

The derbies along at East End in the 90s were superb occasions. Nothing comes close to that these days.

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Valencia.jpg

Match finished 6-2. Valencia put us out in a knockout tie in Portugal (there was no away goals in them days.)

419793_2679358037061_1214356097_n.jpg?oh

Action from our biggest match, European Cup Semi-Final against Slovan Bratislava in 1969. After putting out favourites West Brom, ourselves and Barcelona became the immediate favourites, however Slovan bitched us in the semi and then bitched Barcelona in the final. 

A pedant writes... European Cup Winners' Cup

Edited by lionel wickson
Trying to avoid being Rusty1111