Crucial is good enough [emoji38]
I can't be arsed with this perception that supporters are somehow sacrosanct and should have free reign to spend 90 minutes dishing out dogs abuse to certain players but become absolute fucking MOPEs if a player has the temerity to tell them to do one. 

I get that. I've been quite critical of the fans more than a few times on here over the years. I don't think we have the best fans in the world. I think we are moany b*****ds at the best of times. It's not just a section he's aiming his gestures at though, it's the whole stand. He's not just having words with one or two. He's coming up at the end of the game and pretty much telling the whole support to get it up them rather than rejoicing in the win.

He gets held on a pedestal by some Dundee fans and rightly so, some of his performances in the past have been first class. Lesser keepers than him have taken a 100x worse 'abuse' and celebrated with the fans as soon as we've scored.

If he was having words I wouldn't mind. McGowan, O'Dea and McPake are players in our squad that I've seen have squabbles with the fans over their time at the club and whether they were in the right or wrong I've respected their right to do it as our fans are OTT at times. Bain consistently shows utter disdain for the fans time and time again though. It's not just a few words with a few roasters.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I agree that booing isn't the answer but wouldn't hurt him to remember who pays his wages

Perhaps, however I'm with Bain on this one. If I had to spend half each home game within 30 yards of a few arseholes screaming dogs abuse at the team, I'd probably be inclined to tell them to f*** off as well. It was bad enough sitting beside these guys when i had a season ticket :lol:

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I get that. I've been quite critical of the fans more than a few times on here over the years. I don't think we have the best fans in the world. I think we are moany b*****ds at the best of times. It's not just a section he's aiming his gestures at though, it's the whole stand. He's not just having words with one or two. He's coming up at the end of the game and pretty much telling the whole support to get it up them rather than rejoicing in the win.

He gets held on a pedestal by some Dundee fans and rightly so, some of his performances in the past have been first class. Lesser keepers than him have taken a 100x worse 'abuse' and celebrated with the fans as soon as we've scored.

If he was having words I wouldn't mind. McGowan, O'Dea and McPake are players in our squad that I've seen have squabbles with the fans over their time at the club and whether they were in the right or wrong I've respected their right to do it as our fans are OTT at times. Bain consistently shows utter disdain for the fans time and time again though. It's not just a few words with a few roasters.

Your first line is bang on, and partly why I effectively rubbered Dens for the better atmospheres at away games back in the day. Sitting beside guys who seemed to only turn up to scream abuse at their chosen hate figure for the day from the first to last minutes was massively fucking tedious. 

Ludo pretty much sums up my feelings on it. If some moron's screaming direct abuse at him or anyone else then I'd take pleasure in seeing him ram it up them when things go our way. But he sarcastically applauded the whole stand for booing at a shambolic performance, which is inevitable. 

Is it not the case that Bain is angling for a move?  He's seen Hemmings and Stewart get big money moves.  
In any case, is he really going to be dropped long term for Mitchell?

Can't really see him getting a move anywhere tbh. He's not got the best clean sheet record, never saves a penalty and has been prone to a few clangers this season. Good goalkeeper don't get me wrong but I think mid table SPL is about his level

What's the problem with Bain? From what I gather he made two utterly crucial saves and got mildly pissed off at fans behind him tearing into the team. So what? Football fans can be absolute arseholes in the face of mild adversity, and we're no different. I don't really blame Bain at all if he's turned round and told a few of them to shut the f*** up.

I have been critical of Bains attitude in the past,and still am,but he was totally justified in his actions tonight. The abuse he,and the defence were taking in the 1st half from a few clowns in the Coxy was disgraceful.

If Bain came for more cross balls he would be a really excellent keeper and to be honest that is relatively easy to coach. Penalties - why do some keepers save more than their ability would suggest and some less? Fûck knows but whilst he is by a country mile the best keeper at the club he can give the fans who are abusing him as much abuse as he wants, and I suspect he knows that too, as far as I'm concerned.
With Bain in goal we might stay up. With Mitchell in goal we would be relegated imo, without a shadow of doubt.

It's a complete and utter minter now but credit to the Hearts fans for singing 'We've got Ian Cathro' in the tune of Glad All Over (Particularly enjoying the chant when we scored our first since that's our goal music. Deeagles and all that, you lot and Rangers love stealing our songs.) right through until about exactly the 71st minute.

I was impressed. Reminded me of when we cheered an equally shite manager in Ivano Bonetti up at Aberdeen for 90 minutes. That said he was bringing on Caniggia, no Tony Watt.

Weird game.  That's as bad as I've seen Dundee all season.  Hearts were terrific in the first half.  I think Cathro will turn out to be a good appointment.  But the way Hearts crumbled when Dundee became more physical and direct must be a worry.  Can't believe we won that!

Not a Patterson own goal?

Nah nah. I'll claim it as Haber's until the day that a die [emoji14]

I know I've ripped Bain a new one on here tonight but I dunno, that second Hearts goal doesn't look exactly unstoppable to me.

Archived