Livi v QP

Funny how when you get beat it's a chronic ref display - sour grapes.

Read my post again, and have another go at that.

Every team at this level is a diddy - some are diddier than others. With respect, today was an eminently winnable game for us but again, Hopkin's been outfoxed by Big Gus. A deserved win for QP, who have comfortably been the most frustrating team we've played from a Livingston POV.

Merry Christmas to all.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Afro said:

Read my post again, and have another go at that.

Every team at this level is a diddy - some are diddier than others. With respect, today was an eminently winnable game for us but again, Hopkin's been outfoxed by Big Gus. A deserved win for QP, who have comfortably been the most frustrating team we've played from a Livingston POV.

Merry Christmas to all.

Eh no.

Queen's Park are officially our bogey team. They deserved the 3pts, but the referee was awful that's a fact not a reason why we go beat. 

Big Gus also needs to learn to use less industrial language in such a public place 

we're still 7pts clear with a superior goal difference so no need for panic yet. 

7 minutes ago, Livithegreat said:

Queen's Park are officially our bogey team. They deserved the 3pts, but the referee was awful that's a fact not a reason why we go beat. 

Big Gus also needs to learn to use less industrial language in such a public place 

we're still 7pts clear with a superior goal difference so no need for panic yet. 

Big Gus gets 10 out 10 for comedy value.

Keep saying your 7 points clear to yourself sounds like trying reasure yourself.

That vlog :lol:Well done to the wee lad for his hard work in putting together such a quality piece of comedy

Very relieved to get in at half time only 1 down as Livingston dominated the first half but our defending was first class. We also had a couple of half chances from corners, defender produced a superb block from a Wharton shot. 

Second half we were by far the better side for the first 15/20 mins. Looked a stonewall pen to me for a clumsy challenge. 2nd goal was a decent ball across which was eventually slotted home. At this point our passing and interplay down the left was causing them all sorts of problems. Could have been 3-1 but keeper made a great save tipping a shot from Malone over the bar

Looked like there was no contact for their penalty so not sure why number 10 went down. Maybe he slipped. Did the penalty taker try to be smart and dink it down the middle but made an arse of it? Seemed to mis-kick it. Brave goalkeeping from Muir to gather the loose ball after he saved it. 

Fantastic result considering we had Millen and Fotheringham missing and Zanatta back at Hearts. A centre half Wharton playing at right wing back as well. McGeever made a bad error for their goal but he went on to have a stormer, and Woodsy was absolutely tireless all day. Great to see all the players over to the fans at the end. They were loving it and so were we :)

I've only managed along to a couple of games this season for various reasons, and both times I've been looking forward to going as the build up has been full of "we're a young attacking team, showing so much promise etc". Both times I've went (today and Peterhead at home last month) we've been absolute pony. Today especially. Pittman got through a power of work in the middle of the park, but he seems a far cry from the attacking threat he was a season or so ago. All we did today was lump it long. Thought QP were worthy of the victory, they took the chances when they came their way and in truth, could have had a couple more. Didn't think the ref had that bad a game - have seen far, far worse.

Very much ho-hum as opposed to ho ho ho.

Said pre match i'd be happy with a draw and really should've had it, but we missed our penalty and blew it. Thought we were going to win when we got our goal but we didn't push on and get a 2nd and gave QP a road back into the game with some poor defending. Once they went ahead we reverted to the same tactics that lost us our earlier game against them and punted high balls up to their big CB, and tried to play through the centre, which suited QP down to the ground. The odd time we went down the wing and got to the bye line we caused them problems but we took the wrong player off, as Carrick had been the player getting on the end of the balls we were putting across like that in our last 3 games.  Prob would've scored our pen too if Buchanan had been subbed, and Cadden had taken it again.

Gutted to lose but I knew it would be tough and I think QP will take points from Airdrie and Brechin too, so i'm not worried about us dropping points to them. Just need to keep our away form going and beat East Fife next week.

5 hours ago, east fife for life said:

Shite teams? From what I've seen this season there's not much between all the shite teams in this league! But then again some of you Livingston fans are that far up yerselves you wouldn't notice this!

Well there's 17 points between Livi and East Fife, i'd say that's much. On a game by game basis though you are right, there isn't that much between teams that anyone is unbeatable.

Thought we were probably worthy of a draw, but what a shite pen from Buchanan! Queens Park played well and shut us out pretty effectively after going 2-1 up. Both pens looked a bit soft. I'd be interested to see the push on Buchanan again. From where I was sitting, it looked like a stonewaller.

The first penalty was as clear as penalty as you can get. 

Di vita (believe was ) had a scissor lick foul which some refs would have sent him off which hasn't been mentioned.

Buchanan I felt took a dive and the ref called it correctly.

There's something between us and them, 7 points [emoji6]

Bad day at the office against a relatively poor team who played the defensive game for 90 minutes. Lead up to their penalty was a clear shove and I'm sure the QP player has actually fallen over his own player in the box.

Buchanan messed up his penalty after Mullen was clattered and the ref was too scared to give another when Buchanan was hauled down in the box, instead going for the easy option.

A loss is a loss, don't get why we play 3 at the back. Hopkin's dumb tactics I guess but 7 points clear away from the diddy teams [emoji3] 

Deluded post. Too much of that mulled wine.

You've had two games against us to walk the walk...two wins for the mighty Queen's and both of them deserved.

2 wins this season against us means f**k all you are and will always be a long way behind the Amber Machine.

It means you can't beat us.

That's quite a bit more than f**k all. Not much of a machine; maybe you need to replace the batteries.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Happy xmas everyone.

Credit where it's due Queens Park on shoe string part time budget. Livingston full time with the biggest budget in the league. Queens Park play to their strengths and the Amber Machine. Chuckle chuckle your in league 1.

Archived