Peterhead Vs Stenny

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utterly woeful performance. That was without doubt one one of our poorest 90 minutes of football. Never really looked like scoring, other than a couple of half chances, against what on paper is one of the worst defences in the league. Might have been unlucky in the nature of the two goals but to be honest I don't grudge Stenny the win, they done what teams seem to have learned to do against us which is sit in as we can't seem to break teams down at all.

We seem to have no ideas at all anymore and can't seem to change a game. Far too many poor performers starting every week who have no reason to play better as they know they will start. The management don't seem to have any ideas about changing the game other than rotating the front 3. Can't see where the improvement is going to come from and after Jim's arguably failed summer signing window I don't really know if he can make the improvements we need.

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Utterly woeful performance. That was without doubt one one of our poorest 90 minutes of football. Never really looked like scoring, other than a couple of half chances, against what on paper is one of the worst defences in the league. Might have been unlucky in the nature of the two goals but to be honest I don't grudge Stenny the win, they done what teams seem to have learned to do against us which is sit in as we can't seem to break teams down at all.

We seem to have no ideas at all anymore and can't seem to change a game. Far too many poor performers starting every week who have no reason to play better as they know they will start. The management don't seem to have any ideas about changing the game other than rotating the front 3. Can't see where the improvement is going to come from and after Jim's arguably failed summer signing window I don't really know if he can make the improvements we need.

Just sign a french winger. Worked for us

6 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

JIM is too loyal to the players who won promotion but have gradually gone downhill and are not nearly good enough nowadays. Unless he signs a handful of decent players to replace the underachievers his time will soon be up at Balmoor. Nice guy but it's results that count.

2 minutes ago, east fife for life said:

Great win for Stenhousemuir. Going to be tight bottom end of league this season that's for sure

Tbh with only 10 points separating 4th from 10th, its all to play for.

1 hour ago, kvz2000 said:

Your not the worst team in the division !!

As long as we're the 3rd worse team in the division come the end of the season. 

Seriously though this is a big 3 points for us as we've tended to struggle against the teams in and around us. Alloa at home next, guaranteed to be a tricky game. 

2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

No doubt, that was as poor a game as ive seen for ages but its becoming more regular ..Especially at home..Weve been relying on Rory goals to win points for ages ,and when he cannot find the net theres no one else in that team capable of changing/winning a game..

Fair play to the Stenhousemuir supporters who made the trip up north today. That was an absolutely fantastic result and I'm delighted to see the team move away from the foot of the table. I don't want to get carried away, especially after the defeat to East Fife earlier in the week, but Alloa Athletic are there for the taking on Hogmanay and if we win that then we're right in the mix with all the teams towards the bottom.

Merry Christmas! God bless us, one and all!

Archived