Ayr Utd vs Dunfermline

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We must have had about 10 corners in that game, not one of them was taken by the Dunfermline keeper and not one resulted in a shot on goal. We don't even look like scoring from set-plays any more.

Taking off our only recognized forward while chasing a game to bring on a midfielder, then play Donald through the middle for the last 15min are tactical masterstrokes I'd have expected of Roberts, this was a shambles from beginning to end. 

We're relying on our defence being rock solid every week in the hope we might scramble a goal from somewhere, but today we lost 2 really soft goals, though McCall will no doubt point out the first goal was a total fluke.  Don't know if Balatoni was unsettled by the transfer talk, but it was the worst I've seen him play.  Still don't get how McKenna gets in the team ahead of Murphy - his experience and composure more than make up for any lack of pace.  We need a couple of players plus Moore back - otherwise, we're relying on St Mirren and Dumbarton being even worse than we are.

18 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

We're relying on our defence being rock solid every week in the hope we might scramble a goal from somewhere, but today we lost 2 really soft goals, though McCall will no doubt point out the first goal was a total fluke.  Don't know if Balatoni was unsettled by the transfer talk, but it was the worst I've seen him play.  Still don't get how McKenna gets in the team ahead of Murphy - his experience and composure more than make up for any lack of pace.  We need a couple of players plus Moore back - otherwise, we're relying on St Mirren and Dumbarton being even worse than we are.

I imagine because McKenna didn't do anything wrong today while his defensive partner had a nightmare. I like him but Murphy isn't up to this level anymore. For whatever reason the longer he's out the team people forget the mistakes he made at a much lower level last season. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I imagine because McKenna didn't do anything wrong today while his defensive partner had a nightmare. I like him but Murphy isn't up to this level anymore. For whatever reason the longer he's out the team people forget the mistakes he made at a much lower level last season. 

The best we've looked this season was when Murphy and Balatoni were playing together.  McKenna just looks like a guy playing percentages and hoping not to make any glaringly obvious mistakes.  He was as culpable as anyone for Dunfermlines second goal - just never seems to make the difference when the chips are down.  Can't say I remember Murphy making too many mistakes last season, though I accept him and Graham weren't an ideal partnership given they both lacked pace.  

On 04/12/2016 at 06:32, I'm Brian said:

The only thing stopping Dunfermline being the laughing stock of the season is St Mirren. That tells a story in itself

And to think it was supposed to be us this season

Tears and Snotters everywhere.

Kallum Higginbotham  :lol:

But, but, but...eighteen points ahead of you last season :lol:

Kallum Higginbotham (again) :lol::lol:

Dunfermline :lol:

On 04/12/2016 at 03:26, ayrmad said:

At least you can look forward to walking the Seaside League again next season, we'll concentrate on grinding out results this season.

On 04/12/2016 at 03:20, itzdrk said:

Yet here we are sitting comfortably above you.  

I really enjoyed the thundercunts in that shite wee stand absolutely losing their shit all game. tears everywhere.  mmmmmmmm

On 04/12/2016 at 03:13, itzdrk said:

:lol::lol: Dunfermline :lol::lol:

Absolute gang.  

On 04/12/2016 at 00:11, ayrmad said:

If Carlsberg did plunging below the dotted line.

Jeepers.

An absolute embarrassment of a performance which made Dunfermline look like the league leaders. 

The attacking situation is actually beginning to become a laughing matter, can't score to save ourselves, quite literally!!

Devlin looked clearly distracted with the transfer talk along with Balatoni, both were pretty poor with Devlin only being marginally better.

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

An absolute embarrassment of a performance which made Dunfermline look like the league leaders. 

The attacking situation is actually beginning to become a laughing matter, can't score to save ourselves, quite literally!!

Devlin looked clearly distracted with the transfer talk along with Balatoni, both were pretty poor with Devlin only being marginally better.

Have literally no idea what Devlin did wrong today....

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Have literally no idea what Devlin did wrong today....

He was decent in the second but the first half i felt as if there were a lot of times where he could have got down the right on the overlap but didn't.

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

He was decent in the second but the first half i felt as if there were a lot of times where he could have got down the right on the overlap but didn't.

He's a right back though; you can't say he was poor just because he wasn't our best attacking threat for the entirety of the game. He can't just attack at will all game. Particularly when Balatoni was having an absolute shocker. 

Whoever had the weather report about hurrican Higgy striking Ayr at 3pm on Sat was bang on.

He was so shit a few months ago and now he is utterly bossing games.

Higgy :wub:

Nicky Clark :wub:

Sir Andrew :wub:

The mighty Pars :wub::wub:

Archived