Peterhead v Livingston

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent result and performance, we should've won that game so much more comfortably, well on top.

Buchanan should've had 4 himself, poor pen again, maybe time to let someone else take them.

Gallagher strolled through that game which was great to see, as did Mark Millar. 

Wtf was the linesman and ref thinking by chopping off that goal that Buchy scored ? In 20 years of following Livi that is the worst call I've ever seen, it wasn't even a difficult call, the Peterhead player was under no pressure, passed it back to the goalkeeper and Buchy nipped in to score, the fact that the ref stood there and let the decision stand despite seeing what had happened means he's as much to blame as the linesman. 

I'm just thankful that we have won that game, results have gone well for us today, back to 9 clear. 

Long journey home but a happy one. 

A little disappointed to lose as we could have maybe held on for a draw but to be honest we didn't deserve anything from that game. Our defence is shocking and you guys should have had about 6. Never mind at least the bottom 2 lost so it keeps it square down there.

I won't be listening to Jim Mcinally's after match comments, because at the end of the day, it is another home defeat which leaves us in the bottom 3 dog fight. To be fair to Jim, I think he knows that he has taken them as far as he can and I thought the board might have advocated a different approach both on and off the park. We are wading through mud at the moment and going nowhere fast.

IMG_1483825517.968447.thumb.jpg.22d124c5

The big man absolutely strolled it today.

Buchanan missed another penalty but made up for it with his goal. Even though the refs tried to f**k us by not giving an obvious goal when the Peterhead boy clearly passed back to the keeper and Buchs knicked in.

Cadden and Carrick coming on showed our strength in depth and it was Cadden's cross that helped get the winner.

Airdrie fucked up again as well which is very very pleasing.

What a great fighting team performance today from livi. But that's not saying anything about peterhead. They are a very well organised team and honestly could have seen that being a draw the teams were so even.

Deks at the back was the epitome of calm. Passed the ball with ease and won pretty much everything in the air. I'm surprised he didn't get a good hiding in prison for that hairdo though!
Pittman again was the engine in midfield and byrne and de Vita especially playing his best game for us that I have seen.
Thought the ref was spot on with his bookings for all players booked in the first half but the second half he just didn't have a clue. Neither of his linesmen had a clue either, always waiting for the ref to signal which team he thought should get the shy. And that disallowed goal...... what the hell was he thinking? Was he even watching the game at the time?

Mullen put in a good shift and Buchs aside from his awful penalty taking which consists of "stroke the ball as softly as I can between the posts" was a class apart. His running and timing was impeccable today.
Game changer yet again was a sub in Cadden. Great run and was good to see about 4 livi players in the box rather that the usual 1 player fighting for the ball.
Overall a good victory and further clear again at the top.

Could any Peterhead fans tell me though how your number 10 got motm? As far as I could tell his input consisted of a terrible back pass that lead to a clear goal chalked for offside and almost breaking Danny Mullens legs.

9 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

What a great fighting team performance today from livi. But that's not saying anything about peterhead. They are a very well organised team and honestly could have seen that being a draw the teams were so even.

Could any Peterhead fans tell me though how your number 10 got motm? As far as I could tell his input consisted of a terrible back pass that lead to a clear goal chalked for offside and almost breaking Danny Mullens legs.

I really don't think it was even at all. Livi looked like scoring every time they came forward. You missed a penalty, hit the post, had two goals chopped off and our keeper made a couple of good save whereas I can only remember your keeper having to make one save aside from the two goals. When it went 2-2 with half an hour to go I still knew we would lose as we can't see games out these days.

I think he probably got it as he was at least trying to grab the game by the scruff of the neck as a few of our players have been poor for a while (never guess by our position in the league) and I think Ferry was at least committed, that was a bad challenge though.

11 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Deks at the back was the epitome of calm. Passed the ball with ease and won pretty much everything in the air. I'm surprised he didn't get a good hiding in prison for that hairdo though!
Pittman again was the engine in midfield and byrne and de Vita especially playing his best game for us that I have seen.
Thought the ref was spot on with his bookings for all players booked in the first half but the second half he just didn't have a clue. Neither of his linesmen had a clue either, always waiting for the ref to signal which team he thought should get the shy. And that disallowed goal...... what the hell was he thinking? Was he even watching the game at the time?

Mullen put in a good shift and Buchs aside from his awful penalty taking which consists of "stroke the ball as softly as I can between the posts" was a class apart. His running and timing was impeccable today.
Game changer yet again was a sub in Cadden. Great run and was good to see about 4 livi players in the box rather that the usual 1 player fighting for the ball.
Overall a good victory and further clear again at the top.

Really ? 

We where streets ahead of Peterhead yesterday, if we scored 7 or 8 they couldn't have complained, it was as dominant a performance we've put in all season, how it only finished 3-2 i'll never know.  

Personally I thought De Vita was our poorest performer yesterday, I'm a huge fan of his but he has flattered to deceive since his return, I find we are weak down the side he plays on, he rarely tracks back, I'd much rather see Josh Mullin or Nicky Cadden playing infront of him, they are far busier, more pace and track back better.

Newblue - Peterhead had in my opinion at least half the possession in the first half and half in the second. Our penalty came from a counter attack after a period of about 10 mins pressure from Peterhead. Although I'd say yeah Peterhead didn't look like scoring as much as us, you passed the ball around well and found plenty of space whilst not trying the long punts to mcallister who is now half the player he used to be.

Andylivi1 - I agree that the scoreline could have been higher but as iv just said both teams enjoyed roughly the same amount of possession as each other over the piece.
De Vita showed a couple of good touches now and again but if you think that it was yet again Cadden that changed the game as an impact sub, do you really think you would rather he started over de Vita yesterday? He isn't as good as he used to be for sure, but remember he's a striker playing as a wide midfielder. Another thing I'll say is he needs to stop leaving his feet when going in for challenges he could have been sent off himself yesterday for a couple of the challenges he was putting in.

51 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Andylivi1 - I agree that the scoreline could have been higher but as iv just said both teams enjoyed roughly the same amount of possession as each other over the piece.
De Vita showed a couple of good touches now and again but if you think that it was yet again Cadden that changed the game as an impact sub, do you really think you would rather he started over de Vita yesterday? He isn't as good as he used to be for sure, but remember he's a striker playing as a wide midfielder. Another thing I'll say is he needs to stop leaving his feet when going in for challenges he could have been sent off himself yesterday for a couple of the challenges he was putting in.

Just because they had just as much possession doesn't make the game an even contest, when we had the ball we passed it around quickly and looked like we could score every time we got forward, Peterhead's possession consisted of side to side passing, with some backwards passing and the odd forward pass, they didn't do anything with it. 

Cadden or Mullin are both better options for me, you said it yourself, De Vita isn't a winger, he never will be a winger so why have two out and out wingers on the bench and play De Vita ? We would still be left with one or the other to come on and change the game, and if it's a tight game someone like De Vita could come on and calm things down with his experience.

I have to say I questioned the selection of the back 4 as well yesterday, Halkett and Gallagher as expected played together at CB, Both are comfortably our best players for that position, I was even quite impressed by how Crighton played at RB but Lithgow really struggled at LB, I'd bring Longridge back in to replace Lithgow, again that's his position, play your players in position.  

Its likely that Morgyn Neill will be away in this window so Lithgow will replace him on the bench. 

Just because they had just as much possession doesn't make the game an even contest, when we had the ball we passed it around quickly and looked like we could score every time we got forward, Peterhead's possession consisted of side to side passing, with some backwards passing and the odd forward pass, they didn't do anything with it. 
Cadden or Mullin are both better options for me, you said it yourself, De Vita isn't a winger, he never will be a winger so why have two out and out wingers on the bench and play De Vita ? We would still be left with one or the other to come on and change the game, and if it's a tight game someone like De Vita could come on and calm things down with his experience.
I have to say I questioned the selection of the back 4 as well yesterday, Halkett and Gallagher as expected played together at CB, Both are comfortably our best players for that position, I was even quite impressed by how Crighton played at RB but Lithgow really struggled at LB, I'd bring Longridge back in to replace Lithgow, again that's his position, play your players in position.  
Its likely that Morgyn Neill will be away in this window so Lithgow will replace him on the bench. 

I really find it unlikely that Hopkin will drop Lithgow. He's his player that he signed for the first team. Crighton was excellent at right back I thought and had a smile on his face all game rather than his usual sour puss.

Okay I agree regarding the possession thing. I'm sleep depraved but I was impressed by Peterhead yesterday and don't think they will be near the bottom for long.

I really don't know about the De Vita situation as we have seen in most games this season when we start Cadden especially we haven't really scored the late goals we have required to get into the game. But perhaps a spell on the bench for De Vita would be good. It's probably more of a "he's our highest earner so is a waste of money sitting on the bench" type selection.

Archived