Broomhill

bpek

Broomhill Football Club

@BroomhillFC

Broomhill’s new manager is… Zander Diamond!! The former Don has been appointed to lead Broomhill’s season forward. Zander said: “The locals will see this and will understand how much it means to me.” Joining him in the dugout will be Gordon Wylde & former Son, Martin Mooney.

Just now, To B or not B said:

Just listened to his interview, apparently he is a Dumbarton lad, so can only assume that’s what he meant.

Ah right, thought he was from Aberdeen and just didn't have a clue who/what Broomhill actually were.

I'm sure there will be hoards of people from Dumbarton going to watch them now he's there... 

5 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Ah right, thought he was from Aberdeen and just didn't have a clue who/what Broomhill actually were.

I'm sure there will be hoards of people from Dumbarton going to watch them now he's there... 

Zander is a Dumbarton B(h)oy through and through. He's been coaching at St Pat's FPs for the past couple of season and they've got a few really talented young players. It'll be interesting to see if any of them follow him and if they're able to make the sizable step up.

Martin Mooney being involved might lead to one new fan mind you, eh @The Moonster 👀

41 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Zander is a Dumbarton B(h)oy through and through. He's been coaching at St Pat's FPs for the past couple of season and they've got a few really talented young players. It'll be interesting to see if any of them follow him and if they're able to make the sizable step up.

Martin Mooney being involved might lead to one new fan mind you, eh @The Moonster 👀

Nah they can still f**k off out our ground. 

12 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Broomhill Football Club

@BroomhillFC

Broomhill’s new manager is… Zander Diamond!! The former Don has been appointed to lead Broomhill’s season forward. Zander said: “The locals will see this and will understand how much it means to me.” Joining him in the dugout will be Gordon Wylde & former Son, Martin Mooney.

Why isn't he his Son any more? Harsh.

Wonder how long it is before we have another name change?

Followed by another one when they try to parasite their way into the Dumbarton FC's owners plans when it all goes tits up again 

6 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Wonder how long it is before we have another name change?

Followed by another one when they try to parasite their way into the Dumbarton FC's owners plans when it all goes tits up again 

Funniest suggestion i've seen was taking on the St Pat's name. Since the ams can't get into the WoSFL. Which I don't see working out for a few reasons.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Funniest suggestion i've seen was taking on the St Pat's name. Since the ams can't get into the WoSFL. Which I don't see working out for a few reasons.

Yes, I agree, this was ridiculous. Broomhill are a total mess. St Pat's are one of the strongest amateur teams in Scotland, and also from Dumbarton, that'll be where the link ends. Zander will probably try and sign a few of their better players, but that'll be the extent of it. 

On 09/07/2021 at 11:48, Marshmallo said:

Zander Diamond is the assistant and applied for the manager's job when Hardie got it. Wouldn't be surprised if he takes over.

I knew Zander Diamond and Broomhill was familiar. Got there in the end, only took him 3 years.

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If only it was funny, I can actually see it happening. This lot have no shame and will stop at nothing to make sure the OF influence is still strong in the "non-league" ranks, and now they have their willing idoit at Dumbarton giving them a platform to push the agenda. It seems to have been the plan all along for them? Notice how the charm offensive in the media stopped immediately after they got their wish of the B teams in the LL?

5 minutes ago, Spyro said:

If only it was funny, I can actually see it happening. This lot have no shame and will stop at nothing to make sure the OF influence is still strong in the "non-league" ranks, and now they have their willing idoit at Dumbarton giving them a platform to push the agenda. It seems to have been the plan all along for them? Notice how the charm offensive in the media stopped immediately after they got their wish of the B teams in the LL?

The people behind Broomhill have shown no desire to give up any influence on the running of the club, and I don't see the longstanding St Pat's committee ceding control of their identity. 

That's without getting into any "blue/green" issues.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The people behind Broomhill

I love to see the REAL list of names who are involved and not just the ones who are on official docs. The whole B teams vote was something that looks to have started with whoever is/was running or funding them 

This seems a bizarre appointment. St Pats have done well under him but they always seem to do well regardless of who’s in charge. That level is a million miles away from the Lowland League. 

He must have very limited knowledge of the level he’ll be operating at - he played at a much higher level (and hasn’t played in Scotland since 2012) and his coaching experience is at amateur level. Does he have the contacts to build a squad of Lowland League players? 

Surely to f**k they haven’t just appointed him because he’s from Dumbarton in the hope that people from the town will suddenly start supporting them? 

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

This seems a bizarre appointment. St Pats have done well under him but they always seem to do well regardless of who’s in charge. That level is a million miles away from the Lowland League. 

He must have very limited knowledge of the level he’ll be operating at - he played at a much higher level (and hasn’t played in Scotland since 2012) and his coaching experience is at amateur level. Does he have the contacts to build a squad of Lowland League players? 

Surely to f**k they haven’t just appointed him because he’s from Dumbarton in the hope that people from the town will suddenly start supporting them? 

He was manager at syngenta. Gordon has vast experience in and around the level as does Martin mooney who was assistant at shire In lowland

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He was assistant to Martin Hardie with Broomhill before this (came and went in the same pre-season) and tried to get the manager's job when it became vacant. Managed Syngenta for part of their first season in the EoSFL.

Dumbarton ties have probably been beneficial, but he's been on their radar before and obviously been trying to get into management.

3 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

He was manager at syngenta. Gordon has vast experience in and around the level as does Martin mooney who was assistant at shire In lowland

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

He was assistant to Martin Hardie with Broomhill before this (came and went in the same pre-season) and tried to get the manager's job when it became vacant. Managed Syngenta for part of their first season in the EoSFL.

Dumbarton ties have probably been beneficial, but he's been on their radar before and obviously been trying to get into management.

Fair enough, I just assumed he’d disappeared off the radar for a while before appearing at St Pats. Being a local guy you normally hear bits and bobs but I hadn’t heard a thing for a good while.