Falkirk v Ayr Pt3

Guest Back Post Misses

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would go unchanged for this just getting O'Hara onto the bench.

However there's no chance that Gasparotto won't start here.

I think that's a sensible idea to get Henderson on the bench, not sure we need 3 defenders like last week. Has anyone seen much of him in the under 20s? Is he likely to make the push for the first team?

With Leahy and Kidd both able to play in midfield I'd say it's fine.

Henderson has been quite a strange signing looks like he's been signed exclusively for the development team.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I like Baird but I don't really see him and O'Hara working together

They seem to work fine previously whereas I don't think OHara has started with anyone else to be able to judge it.

I'm not fully convinced on McHugh, bar Saturday what has he done this season ?

Baird give you 110% no matter of how well he is playing, the recent QOS game stuck out. He was subbed for McHugh and we would be as well as calling it a draw, we were on.top looking for the winner to then looking like never scoring.

I think some of us are getting carried away with OHara, yep a better prospect than Shepherd but it's a prospect and comparing him with Shepherd doesn't stop a yawn. He did have killer pace but so did Shepherd, he does seem to have the correct attitude, determination and a bit swagger and hopefully he delivers the expectations, but now he's a prospect

15 hours ago, Logie55 said:

What is an end product? Does Ross Docherty have an end product? Does Jamie Adams have an end product? 

Crawford, since Docherty signed, has 4 goals in 61 games, Doc has 1 in 60 and the 2 play a similar role, with Crawford more of a driving force.

I blame Sky Sports for this type of utter nonsense!!!

I blame the schools for not knowing how to quote properly.

Carry on though.

I'm not fully convinced on McHugh, bar Saturday what has he done this season ?

That's not really fair is it? He's not had a fair run in the team at all. He got a chance on Saturday, played well and took his chance.

Baird on the other hand, who to be fair does run about a lot, has done absolutely f**k all this season. He's very limited in what he does and hasn't scored in forever even though he starts almost every game up top, unless he's banging in goals for fun like he was at the start of last season then he brings nothing to the side.

To my shame I'm not up to speed on our injury front but where are we with Gaspo and McCracken?

I seen Gaspo was a sub last week so you have to take that as he's back....right?

Seems we have a fully fit squad (bar possibly the above) and O'Hara back too. The bench should be cracking this weekend.

Poor Watson. Finally gets his chance and subbed.
I assumed Grant and Gaspo would be our CB double act anyway so fine wi me.

If I remember correctly he took a wee knock at the very end of the game so was subbed off.

He didn't look out of place at all imo.

Maybe Houstie just didn't want to take any chances and that's why he brought him off.

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

That's not really fair is it? He's not had a fair run in the team at all. He got a chance on Saturday, played well and took his chance.

Baird on the other hand, who to be fair does run about a lot, has done absolutely f**k all this season. He's very limited in what he does and hasn't scored in forever even though he starts almost every game up top, unless he's banging in goals for fun like he was at the start of last season then he brings nothing to the side.

Did you miss him starting 13 games on the trot at the start of the season scoring 3 goals against Elgin and must have about 15/16 starts, so I dont get the not had a fair run in the team and does the banging goals in for fun not apply to McHugh ?

Baird hasnt scored the goals from last season but Houstie has went overly defensive with him up on his own, could you see McHugh do the lung bursting run v Hibs then score from the resulting corner, set up Sibbs for goal v Hibs, similar v Pars when he played Gallacher in to set up Hippo for the goal. McHugh only turned up last season in the last 10 games or so, Id hoped he'd kick on but it seems we have the McHugh from the start of last season again, one game against a poor defensive Raith isnt gonna change my mind

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

What Senor Bairn said basically.

I love the effort Baird puts in but if he cant get himself back on the scoresheet his time as a first pick for us must surely be limited.

Look I am not regarding O'Hara as the messiah here or anything, I know he is merely a prospect but I am working on the assumption like many others, that given Baird and Bob are out of contract in the summer, Kev has been brought back and will get game time. If that turns out to be the case then I am simply saying that I belive him and McHugh to be the partnership that makes sense.

Once again this assumes that Kev cuts the mustard with us as a first team striker.

If Baird doesnt bring anything to the team, then yes like anyone else, should be dropped as we have players in waiting but McHugh had a more than more of a chance to state he should be starting at the start of the season and didnt take it. You only have to look at Lee Miller, he took his chances in the limited sub appearances to make it hard for Houstie to drop him, McHugh hasnt done similar with his sub appearances to make it hard for Houstie to pick him ahead of Miller. Im sure Baird has another year in contract too.

I wasnt pointing finger at you re OHara, I probably got excited and went along with the euphoria that was OHara, scoring goals for fun in development and playing superbly v Rangers and Hibs. I think realism has hit me with Shepherd, who is also scoring for fun in the development league and producing nothing for the first 11. Id understand more if OHara had scored many goals at East Fife on loan but he struggled to get a game albeit doing well in by accounts from an East Fife fan in more of a wide left type role.

OHara tho has a great mentor in Miller and hopefully he does reach the levels I thought to where he was at before realism hit and if Miller passes on some of his know how and attitude, he will

It was absolutely golden. Gerry McCoy was my absolute hero for that one sensational season, 84/85.
Then in the summer both he and Crunchie left.

Remember him scoring a goal at Broomfield when the Airdrie keeper kicked the ball against his back. He turned around took it round the keeper and slotted it home. We went nuts much to the dismay of Section B. My mate was so pissed off as his fags fell out his pocket and were crushed with everyone doing the Brockville hop on them. Great player

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Remember him scoring a goal at Broomfield when the Airdrie keeper kicked the ball against his back. He turned around took it round the keeper and slotted it home. We went nuts much to the dismay of Section B. My mate was so pissed off as his fags fell out his pocket and were crushed with everyone doing the Brockville hop on them. Great player

I remember it well, because it was my first ever proper away game. (Shire & Stenny don't count). 26th February 1983. Service bus from Falkirk through to Airdrie with a mate and then two pints in a pub in the main street which got me totally pished. (I was 15 at the time and not used to alcohol).

The scorer was Gordon Forrest though and not Gerry McCoy. Bettermeddle agrees with me. Your memories going in your old age BPM. :whistle

http://www.bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/match.php?season=1983&id=226&type=3

I remember it well, because it was my first ever proper away game. (Shire & Stenny don't count). 26th February 1983. Service bus from Falkirk through to Airdrie with a mate and then two pints in a pub in the main street which got me totally pished. (I was 15 at the time and not used to alcohol).

The scorer was Gordon Forrest though and not Gerry McCoy. Bettermeddle agrees with me. Your memories going in your old age BPM. :whistle

http://www.bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/match.php?season=1983&id=226&type=3

And I wasn't pished on two pints. Houstie scored as well?

Convinced McCoy played. He did score at Broomfield for us though I am sure.

Gerry McCoy...2 goals every 3 games he played in his first spell at Brockville, in a none-too-great team at that.  In the preceding and following seasons at that time, when I think our top scorer was notching up 10 or 8 or something equally woeful, he was the first guy to hit the 20 mark since the legend that was John Whiteford... I think...

Do we think Baird could do a gig right midfield for us??

He put a decent shift in there against Hibs when we had 10 men but he's not a realistic option there. Probably be a worse shout than Craigen there. Still probably better than Shepherd mind.

Archived