When's the best time to book flights?

Weesiecodal

I'm planning to go to Barcelona in June. At the moment, Ryanair flights from Edinburgh are around £70 per person flying out, and £60ish on the return leg. 

Should i wait a while longer, or are these prices as good as it'll get for the end of June? 

7 minutes ago, Weesiecodal said:

I'm planning to go to Barcelona in June. At the moment, Ryanair flights from Edinburgh are around £70 per person flying out, and £60ish on the return leg. 

Should i wait a while longer, or are these prices as good as it'll get for the end of June? 

In my experience prices rarely go down for popular routes, and particularly in the summer. I'd go for it.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

In my experience prices rarely go down for popular routes, and particularly in the summer. I'd go for it.

Cheers. I'm tempted to wait to see if they come down, but there aren't many alternatives so if I don't get them now, and they go up, I'll be raging . 

Im not sure how busy late June will be. Schools will still be in, but exams will just have finished, so it might be popular 

Cheers. I'm tempted to wait to see if they come down, but there aren't many alternatives so if I don't get them now, and they go up, I'll be raging . 
Im not sure how busy late June will be. Schools will still be in, but exams will just have finished, so it might be popular 

Book them now and don't check the price later. If you hold off and they go up you'll be pissed off. Ignorance is bless in most situations.

6 hours ago, Kool Keith said:

Just get it booked asap and get it out of the way if it's a price you're happy paying. 

In addition to this, never recheck the prices after you've booked.  You'll end up either being smug as heck or beating crap out of yourself.  As a general rule, short of global sales, prices don't very often go down as you approach flight dates.  Those prices seem pretty decent to me, FWIW.

EasyJet promise if the price is reduced before you fly they'll refund the difference. But it doesn't include sale prices which they have all the time. A mate got a refund though, so it seems genuine.

22 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

How long are you going for? You can do 5 days easily with hand luggage, probably longer for Barcelona in June.

I wouldn't pay for hold luggage even for a fortnight, just wash clothes out there or buy cheap stuff in a market to keep you going.

I wouldn't pay for hold luggage even for a fortnight, just wash clothes out there or buy cheap stuff in a market to keep you going.

Surely that's going to end up costing more than the luggage fee? He did say he was a fifer after all.

15 hours ago, Kool Keith said:

How long are you going for? You can do 5 days easily with hand luggage, probably longer for Barcelona in June.

We re away for 2 weeks. Going to spend a couple of days in Barcelona before boarding a cruise leaving from there, so will need to take hold luggage to include formal wear etc. I think Ryanair do a discount if you book one piece of luggage, your child can take a case for half price, so we will probably just do that 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Surely that's going to end up costing more than the luggage fee? He did say he was a fifer after all.

Aye, it's not easy to find cheap clothes in foreign markets with the deep pockets we need 

Archived