Livingston v Albion Rovers

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

I'm told that the covers have been down for a couple days in the problem areas of the pitch but looking at the Brechin match thread they did to and that game hasn't survived. 

Aye.  Surface covers are next to useless when the frosts are as severe .  Just hope you have some more understandable fans than we do ????   ;)

3 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Aye.  Surface covers are next to useless when the frosts are as severe .  Just hope you have some more understandable fans than we do ????   ;)

Can't help the weather unfortunately 

I'm still not quite over a cold I've had for about 2 weeks so prob done me a favour having this called off, sitting on a plastic seat freezing my knackers off for a couple of hours wouldn't have done much to help me get over it anyway. Still, I would've risked my sore throat not getting better shouting out encouraging words to the officials when they got decisions wrong.

53 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Always thought managers say that the league is your bread and butter, and cups are a bonus.

Should change that to the cups are what keep you in business.

Imagine you're just upset as you know players would have had more than one eye on Celtic and making sure they don't get injured.

most of these players will never get to play on TV again in their life. 

BBC Alba won't even go to Cliftonhill 

9 hours ago, kerrdavidson95 said:

I hear that Livi offered to play the re-scheduled match tonight, but for the Rovers to be 'properly prepared' for Sunday's crunch match with ra Shellick they knocked it back...

They played a bounce game with a junior team at Airdrie's stadium tonight.

Do we know this to be true?

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Always thought managers say that the league is your bread and butter, and cups are a bonus.

Yoda answers this below.

6 hours ago, Yoda8 said:

Should change that to the cups are what keep you in business.

Imagine you're just upset as you know players would have had more than one eye on Celtic and making sure they don't get injured.

most of these players will never get to play on TV again in their life. 

BBC Alba won't even go to Cliftonhill 

Well said, Yoda.

Can I say I really dont give a monkey when the replay is.

At the moment it looks like even if its played in a midweek evening it will be warmer than last Saturday

And good luck to the Rovers for their match on Sunday. I'll probably watch it on Alba and wonder what the f### people are saying :unsure2:

I hear that Livi offered to play the re-scheduled match tonight, but for the Rovers to be 'properly prepared' for Sunday's crunch match with ra Shellick they knocked it back...
They played a bounce game with a junior team at Airdrie's stadium tonight.

They trained there tonight don't know if they played a bounce game

Games don't get rearranged for 3 days later unless everyone is told prior to the original game that it will get played then common sense tells you that.

Would be more inclined to believe this if livi said on Friday if the game gets called off we will play on tuesday

I'm with Durnford, I really couldn't care less when it's played and if Albion did or didn't play a game on Tuesday. 

If it was the other way around I'd be expecting us to put the cup first as it's a massive game for Albion Rovers.

5 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Aye, I'm sure not getting to watch us play Albion Rovers on a Tuesday night has had him greeting non stop :lol:

Yeah i'm inconsolable.:(

Going to be tougher on Rovers now having to play 3 games in a week than it would have playing us last night anyway, but they obv take getting beaten by Celtic in the cup as more important than getting into the play offs and a chance of promotion to the Championship.

Archived