• Created
  • Last Reply

Gordon

Marshall

Archer or Hamilton

Robertson

Tierney

Kingsley

Hanley (Started for Newcastle today, hopefully getting into the picture there now)

Martin

Berra

Love (in a gentle intro to the squad/see up close if he's got a chance type role)

Anya (as RB)

Whittaker (as RB backup)

Fletcher

McArthur

Armstrong

Morrison

Ritchie

Burke

Phillips

Snodgrass

Fraser

Forrest

Martin (tbf he's in a bit of form, but he really needs to start looking convincing or simply start notching consistently for us even if he keeps playing average/poorly)

Naismith

Fletcher

Griffiths or Rhodes (depending on who can impress/play the most between now and whenever the squad is named)

Thoughts/rationale:

Our strikers are almost as weak as our CB pool. Adds weight to the 'feck it, try Burke up front' argument.

Morrison only got in ahead of McGinn (potential) and Bannan (useful utility player) cos he's stuck a few important goals for WBA in recent weeks.

Ritchie feels like a bit of an odd one out in the attacking midfield pool due to his total lack of pace (and that he's not really suited to a number 10 role like Snodgrass).

For Canada:

Gordon

Tierney Martin Hanley Robertson

Fletcher Morrison

Phillips Snodgrass Fraser

Burke

^never going to happen

For Slovenia:

Gordon

Anya Martin Hanley Robertson

Fletcher McArthur

Burke Snodgrass Fraser

Martin

Centre Mids

Brown, Morrison, Armstrong and Fletcher. Fuck McArthur he gives nothing.

Behind the 3

Ritchie, Snodgrass, Burke, Phillips, Fraser, Forrest

ETA: Fletcher is a waste of a jersey too but he's captain and a bigger influence on squad than McArthur

Centre Mids

Brown, Morrison, Armstrong and Fletcher. Fuck McArthur he gives nothing.

Behind the 3

Ritchie, Snodgrass, Burke, Phillips, Fraser, Forrest

ETA: Fletcher is a waste of a jersey too but he's captain and a bigger influence on squad than McArthur

I'm assuming brown won't be available

10 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Gordon

Marshall

Archer or Hamilton

Robertson

Tierney

Kingsley

Hanley (Started for Newcastle today, hopefully getting into the picture there now)

Martin

Berra

Love (in a gentle intro to the squad/see up close if he's got a chance type role)

Anya (as RB)

Whittaker (as RB backup)

Fletcher

McArthur

Armstrong

Morrison

Ritchie

Burke

Phillips

Snodgrass

Fraser

Forrest

Martin (tbf he's in a bit of form, but he really needs to start looking convincing or simply start notching consistently for us even if he keeps playing average/poorly)

Naismith

Fletcher

Griffiths or Rhodes (depending on who can impress/play the most between now and whenever the squad is named)

Thoughts/rationale:

Our strikers are almost as weak as our CB pool. Adds weight to the 'feck it, try Burke up front' argument.

Morrison only got in ahead of McGinn (potential) and Bannan (useful utility player) cos he's stuck a few important goals for WBA in recent weeks.

Ritchie feels like a bit of an odd one out in the attacking midfield pool due to his total lack of pace (and that he's not really suited to a number 10 role like Snodgrass).

For Canada:

Gordon

Tierney Martin Hanley Robertson

Fletcher Morrison

Phillips Snodgrass Fraser

Burke

^never going to happen

For Slovenia:

Gordon

Anya Martin Hanley Robertson

Fletcher McArthur

Burke Snodgrass Fraser

Martin

Marshall has been shit canned at club level because he has been terrible yet would still get in our squad. That's the issue with half our team they walk into it even though there form is honking.

No need for 3 left backs either.

Philips and fraser must be included instead of forrest and mckay that is a no brainer and if it does not happen surely the sfa must be asking him why he is not picking better players.

As for the Burke up front thing I got crucified on here for even mentioning it. 

Marshall has been shit canned at club level because he has been terrible yet would still get in our squad. That's the issue with half our team they walk into it even though there form is honking.
No need for 3 left backs either.
Philips and fraser must be included instead of forrest and mckay that is a no brainer and if it does not happen surely the sfa must be asking him why he is not picking better players.
As for the Burke up front thing I got crucified on here for even mentioning it. 

Was including Kingsley as a LB/CB option. Perhaps play him at CB for a spell in the Canada game and see how he gets on?
Quite a lot of support for the Burke up front thing on here from what I read.

Guest DAVIDB69

Haven't seen enough of cairney to form an opinion , but I hope it's more than the fact he is English born and plays in the championship

I love how in one sentence you can have a go at players for being unable to get a game yet walking into our squad and yet Oliver Burke who has started what 5 games this season? Is the answer to a position that he has never even played in his life.

Guest DAVIDB69
I love how in one sentence you can have a go at players for being unable to get a game yet walking into our squad and yet Oliver Burke who has started what 5 games this season? Is the answer to a position that he has never even played in his life.

I agree but that's the problem so few of our squad play regular club football.

It shows in the lack of fitness later in games when we lose goals and don't seem to have the energy to chase games

Assume we'll see one of Bain or Clark in the Scotland squad this time around. Two of the in-form young keepers in the top flight...

said before, based purely on the fact that he is playing and scoring, the only one who is, then it will or has to be Chris Martin as the present "favoured" lone striker. My guess is now, for the Canada game if you believe the papers would be Cairney gets a call up and given a punt in the number 10 role to see if him and Martin can transfer their Club form? For me the Canada game Strachan has to try different things otherwise whats the point in it if he is just going to pick the same usual players?

Also, I would say it is too early for Rhodes to be back in, let him settle but Strachan will have further explaining to do if his love child Fletcher continues to get call ups when or if Rhodes is keeping him out the team and squad at Club level.

I don't think we'll see a massive amount of changes given that he's got to pick a squad to do a friendly and a competitive game.  Had this just been a one-match window and just the Canada game, we'd probably have seen something more adventurous.  He has said he'll try new things though, so expect they'll be some new faces.

Guest DAVIDB69
Fairly confident we'll see both fraser and Philips given a chance against Canada. Looking forward to it to be quite honest. Would imagine Griffiths might get a shot up front as well

Griffiths is not playing club football , Phillips was given chances years ago and isn't good enough for international football.

Fraser I would like to see , plays often at a good level

Is that the Matt Phillips, who along with Salomon Rondon is making West Brom have their best season in the top flight in living memory?  He 'isn't good enough for International football'?  Yet guys like James McArthur and Championship-level Barry Bannan are?

Some people on this site should be in a home.

Archived