Balance Sheet FC/Raith V Scottish Cup Holders Hibernian FC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some perspective. Gavin Reilly started for us last year against Hibs. Last night he started against us for Dunfy U-20s.

I think Lennon will get his way regarding concentrating on the league.

Been thinking about the possible line ups and who I would take from each team in each position 

Goalkeeper

Hamilton or Laidlaw,  

I've not really seen much of Laidlaw, though I did watch the Ayr game so on that evidence alone I'll go for Hamilton

Winner Hamilton

Left back,

Sowah or Stevenson,

I've liked the look of sowah, though he does make me nervous at times,looks like he has the potential to give away a few penalties, Stevenson on the other hand is a brutal fottballer, so sowah for me

Winner sowah

Right back, 

Struna or grey,. 

Most of hibs good attacking play seems to come with grey getting down that  wing, puts in a good cross and pitches in with some important goals, as well as being pretty reliable at the back,   struna I think has been a  very impressive signing , is athletic very comfortable on the ball good going forward and linking up down that side, also like great reliable at the back, and with 26 international caps and a goal he just looks that bit classier than great, so struna for me 

Winner struna

Centre half 

McGregor or avlonitis 

Avlonitis is just back playing after being out for a good few months, looks decent if a little rusty to me,. McGregor is having a good season alongside Hanlon, might struggle a bit more having Fontaine beside him, but I'll go for McGregor for this one

Winner McGregor

Centre half

Hughes or Fontaine

Easy one this for me, 445 premiership games and over 100 international caps for hughes, and looked pretty comfortable so far, can't say much for Fontaine

So Hughes for this one

Winner Hughes

Midfield 4

Tziolis or Bartley,. No comparison here I'm afraid,. Outwith anyone at Celtic tziolis already looks a step above anyone else in Scotland,. Class and won't be here after the 6 months,  Bartley can do a job but can't lace tziolis boots,. 

Winner tziolis

Djoum or Mcgeough

I like Mcgeough actually but he's so injury prone and not sure if he'll even get on? I suppose if he wasn't so injury prone he wouldnt be at hibs, djoum has been great for us when played in the correct position a d always a goal threat as well, he'll be full of confidence after lifting the African cup of nations and up for this so he gets the nod for me 

Winner djoum

Walker or mcginn

Another tough one as they're both very good young Scottish player's, but at the moment if I had to pick one I'd definitely be going for walker, he's on really good form at the moment and second  top goal scorer in the SPL so he'd be my pick 

Winner walker

Kitchen/cowie  V fyvie

I'll not lie ,I've never been a fan of or particularly rated fyvie at all, I know that he's still young, but I think being at hibs is about as far as he will get in now, of kitchen can play like he played against rangers then he gets the nod for me, and if he keeps playing like that, he's every chance of adding to his 5 USA caps

Winner kitchen

Strikers

Johnsen V Holt,  after a bit of a shaky start this season Johnsen has made himself a regular in the starting 11 now, he's out in some good performances, and is a quick and has good feet for such a big man, I would like him to get in the goals more often but does set up a few,  it's hard to comment on Holt as I've not seen much of him this season, but what I have seen, what my hibs supporting mates tell me and just 2 goals in 16 games in the lower leagues of Scotland make me go for Johnsen

Winner Johnsen

Goncalves V Cummings

Cummings is a natural goalscorer there's no doubt about that, there seems to be some real concerns about his attitude towards his manager and his fellow team mates, also his work ethic and link up play could definitely be better, I do worry that he's spent far too much time in the lower leagues in Scotland now, but he gets away with all that as he can score goals, goncalves is a better footballer than cummings, a harder worker and runs channels a lot better than cummings, he also seems to know is where the goals are going by his start at hearts and from what I remember from his time at st mirren, so for me the winner is goncalves

On paper it looks like a comfortable win for hearts,   but it's a derby! Will it turn out like that?

Of course it will

Can't wait for Sunday 

14 minutes ago, Vincent said:

Been thinking about the possible line ups and who I would take from each team in each position 

Goalkeeper

Hamilton or Laidlaw,  

I've not really seen much of Laidlaw, though I did watch the Ayr game so on that evidence alone I'll go for Hamilton

Winner Hamilton

Left back,

Sowah or Stevenson,

I've liked the look of sowah, though he does make me nervous at times,looks like he has the potential to give away a few penalties, Stevenson on the other hand is a brutal fottballer, so sowah for me

Winner sowah

Right back, 

Struna or grey,. 

Most of hibs good attacking play seems to come with grey getting down that  wing, puts in a good cross and pitches in with some important goals, as well as being pretty reliable at the back,   struna I think has been a  very impressive signing , is athletic very comfortable on the ball good going forward and linking up down that side, also like great reliable at the back, and with 26 international caps and a goal he just looks that bit classier than great, so struna for me 

Winner struna

Centre half 

McGregor or avlonitis 

Avlonitis is just back playing after being out for a good few months, looks decent if a little rusty to me,. McGregor is having a good season alongside Hanlon, might struggle a bit more having Fontaine beside him, but I'll go for McGregor for this one

Winner McGregor

Centre half

Hughes or Fontaine

Easy one this for me, 445 premiership games and over 100 international caps for hughes, and looked pretty comfortable so far, can't say much for Fontaine

So Hughes for this one

Winner Hughes

Midfield 4

Tziolis or Bartley,. No comparison here I'm afraid,. Outwith anyone at Celtic tziolis already looks a step above anyone else in Scotland,. Class and won't be here after the 6 months,  Bartley can do a job but can't lace tziolis boots,. 

Winner tziolis

Djoum or Mcgeough

I like Mcgeough actually but he's so injury prone and not sure if he'll even get on? I suppose if he wasn't so injury prone he wouldnt be at hibs, djoum has been great for us when played in the correct position a d always a goal threat as well, he'll be full of confidence after lifting the African cup of nations and up for this so he gets the nod for me 

Winner djoum

Walker or mcginn

Another tough one as they're both very good young Scottish player's, but at the moment if I had to pick one I'd definitely be going for walker, he's on really good form at the moment and second  top goal scorer in the SPL so he'd be my pick 

Winner walker

Kitchen/cowie  V fyvie

I'll not lie ,I've never been a fan of or particularly rated fyvie at all, I know that he's still young, but I think being at hibs is about as far as he will get in now, of kitchen can play like he played against rangers then he gets the nod for me, and if he keeps playing like that, he's every chance of adding to his 5 USA caps

Winner kitchen

Strikers

Johnsen V Holt,  after a bit of a shaky start this season Johnsen has made himself a regular in the starting 11 now, he's out in some good performances, and is a quick and has good feet for such a big man, I would like him to get in the goals more often but does set up a few,  it's hard to comment on Holt as I've not seen much of him this season, but what I have seen, what my hibs supporting mates tell me and just 2 goals in 16 games in the lower leagues of Scotland make me go for Johnsen

Winner Johnsen

Goncalves V Cummings

Cummings is a natural goalscorer there's no doubt about that, there seems to be some real concerns about his attitude towards his manager and his fellow team mates, also his work ethic and link up play could definitely be better, I do worry that he's spent far too much time in the lower leagues in Scotland now, but he gets away with all that as he can score goals, goncalves is a better footballer than cummings, a harder worker and runs channels a lot better than cummings, he also seems to know is where the goals are going by his start at hearts and from what I remember from his time at st mirren, so for me the winner is goncalves

On paper it looks like a comfortable win for hearts,   but it's a derby! Will it turn out like that?

Of course it will

Can't wait for Sunday 

I'm not so sure about McGregor.

16 minutes ago, Vincent said:

Goalkeeper

Hamilton or Laidlaw,  

Winner Hamilton

Left back,

Sowah or Stevenson,

Winner sowah

Right back, 

Struna or grey,. 

Winner struna

Centre half 

McGregor or avlonitis 

Winner McGregor

Centre half

Hughes or Fontaine

So Hughes for this one

Winner Hughes

Midfield 4

Winner tziolis

Djoum or Mcgeough

Winner djoum

Walker or mcginn

Winner walker

Kitchen/cowie  V fyvie

Winner kitchen

Strikers

Winner Johnsen

Goncalves V Cummings

Of course it will

Can't wait for Sunday 

Genuinely lolling at this, well done to all involved.

This nearly as good as the time we got Paulo to make a chart up.

Archived