Balance Sheet FC/Raith V Scottish Cup Holders Hibernian FC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, edinabear said:

I'm concerned that hibs fans may indulge in their ingrained sectarian behaviour and, if they win, exhuberantly invade the pitch again. Hearts fans, don't rise to the bait

Are you the one who I smacked across the head with a corner flag in may hun? 

26 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Djoum had to play with Buaben and Pallardo ffs. :lol:

And last year Hibs fans were being told those two were better than McGinn and Fyvie. And next year we'll be told that your new players are even better than this current lot etc.

1 minute ago, LondonHibsFan said:

And last year Hibs fans were being told those two were better than McGinn and Fyvie. And next year we'll be told that your new players are even better than this current lot etc.

Buaben and Pallardo did though waltz the Champs, by 20 points, no? Something Hibs have struggled to do. True, Pallardo didn't cut the step up to the SPL but Buaben has had plenty of good gametime. He's a bit hot/cold though and I'd say we now have better.

19 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Buaben and Pallardo did though waltz the Champs, by 20 points, no? Something Hibs have struggled to do. True, Pallardo didn't cut the step up to the SPL but Buaben has had plenty of good gametime. He's a bit hot/cold though and I'd say we now have better.

They were part of a team that did, I wouldn't say they stood out particularly. I know it's churlish for a Hibs fan to talk down the achievement of promotion from the Championship (considering we still haven't done it yet :lol:), but Hearts had that title won to all intents and purposes from the moment you beat Rangers at Tynecastle around November.

I think my point was focusing more on the mentality of saying "we had player x, y and z last season of course you managed to beat us." If we did beat you on Sunday (and I don't think we will), the same things would be said next season. I'm guessing it will be Hamilton, Sowah and Kitchen.

55 minutes ago, LondonHibsFan said:

McGinn was largely anonymous in the two derbies last year and Fyvie didn't play. Henderson and Bartley in particular were your key players in the middle. Even Thomson was more effective than the banjo kid.

26 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Sowah seems ok, but if it helps I'll say right now that Hamilton and Kitchen are pretty shite.

I thought the Sowah signing was silly at first, and while he's had a few dodgy moments defensively, he has been extremely good going forward. You could say the same about Paterson, really. A fantastic attacking full-back but his defending still needs work. I also can't think of anything dodgy he done against Motherwell last time out. If he can keep the level up he has shown so far up until the end of the season, he'll be worthy of a new deal.

Unless Hamilton can improve his game quickly, he'll need to be improved upon in the summer. Strangely, he collected crosses very well for the first few months of the season, certainly compared to wee Neil. It has to be a confidence/concentration issue. Regardless, if he can't sort it, then as mentioned we'll need a replacement in the summer.

Kitchen was outstanding against Rangers and again when he came on against Motherwell. Perhaps having genuine quality beside and in front of him means we'll now see the best of him again. I hope he starts on Sunday and would be surprised if he doesn't.

So Henderson crossed the ball for Cummy - and the equaliser was a result of Alexander being a weak cunt by palming the ball straight to Hanlon from whoever won the first header. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

He's also an established Scottish Championship player who has scored less goals in his career than Jamie Walker has this season. xGByL1B.png

Remarkable that Merrick gets picked for the national team ahead of Walker, who can't even make the squad :lol:

22 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Remarkable that Merrick gets picked for the national team ahead of Walker, who can't even make the squad :lol:

They don't play the same position and are different types of players so it isn't one or the other, I just don't think you understand.

28 minutes ago, Elixir said:

He's also an established Scottish Championship player who has scored less goals in his career than Jamie Walker has this season. xGByL1B.png

Yet John McGinn has won more major honours than that despicable cheat. Shame. 

Spoiler

IMG_3855.JPG.804dec7193d8eab30a7efb694cc5376a.JPG

Archived