Falkirk v Dunfermline

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I've also mentioned that we're lacking the quality and depth to be a top four side. I'm not sitting gloating about it like that numpty though.

So, make a point at the start of the season. Get shot down for it. Point proven, then try to mention it and get shot down again?

Plenty of posters said Williamson and BRE were good enough. Utter shite.

35 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

So, make a point at the start of the season. Get shot down for it. Point proven, then try to mention it and get shot down again?

Plenty of posters said Williamson and BRE were good enough. Utter shite.

Well when you say stuff like "AJ said we'd be top four!1" then it's no surprise people don't take you seriously.

4 hours ago, smpar said:

Not really the sign of a quality poster when one gets the stamp of approval from a complete fud such as yourself.

Simply making an observation based on your 3 performances against us this season. AJ has proven before he is no more that a DIV 1 manager and is doing nothing this season to me to change peoples minds. Happy for him to stay TBH and you stay as utterly useless as you have been

. AJ has proven before he is no more that a DIV 1 manager

I'm probably one of his biggest critics.

But go and explain that you dribbling mess, he's been in Div1 twice and won it both times by a ridiculously large margin. Indeed the second time he took over an absolute shambles, released everyone out of contract and built a new side.

I'm probably one of his biggest critics.

But go and explain that you dribbling mess, he's been in Div1 twice and won it both times by a ridiculously large margin. Indeed the second time he took over an absolute shambles, released everyone out of contract and built a new side.

Failed and sacked at Kilmarnock. Will be sacked at your place

You do realise there's a whole division between division 1 and the Premiership right? The only thing he's proved so far is that he can excel at division 1 level and he didn't improve Kilmarnock.

There's precious little of a career to judge by to say he's no more than a division 1 level manager.

And that's coming from one of his biggest critics.

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You do realise there's a whole division between division 1 and the Premiership right? The only thing he's proved so far is that he can excel at division 1 level and he didn't improve Kilmarnock.

There's precious little of a career to judge by to say he's no more than a division 1 level manager.

And that's coming from one of his biggest critics.

He can excel being full time v mainly if not all against part time. He won the the league with Queens, where his biggest rival was part time Alloa and the rest of the league being part time. At Dunfermline, his biggest rival was part time Ayr and I'm sure the only other full time team was Airdrie, I could be wrong re my full time fact but Id bow to your greater knowledge of seaside teams employment status.

I'm sure he walked at Killie before he was pushed, after making a pigs ear of it. I had similar debate with Queens fans re AJ when we were rumoured to be after him. He has proven to be a manager when the odds are stacked in his favour, one look at the current Dunfermline team shows that he still has a team that would win the third tier at a canter, with proven third tier players and good 2nd tier players whose careers are on the slide. He has yet to prove himself above any fighting weight beyond the third tier with a full time team.

I'd bet Gary Locke could do the AJ management role of being a sucess when the odds are stacked in your favour. 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

I'm sure he walked at Killie before he was pushed, after making a pigs ear of it.

Killie were 8th when he left, six points off the top six and 10 clear of the relegation spots. They finished 10th that season, 11 clear of St Mirren, 12 behind 7th placed Hamilton. I'm sure Killie fans at the time weren't thrilled by the stuff they were playing, but given they only just stayed up at your expense last year, and are hardly setting the heather on fire this term, it retrospect it doesn't look as bad.

Anyway, he walked because the board sold Robbie Muirhead to United without his knowledge IIRC.

For me, if he keeps us clear of relegation trouble then that's fine for this season. I liked the ambition of trying to push higher up the table but consolidation is surely the first priority for any newly promoted team. If he achieves that then it's about trying to do better next season.

1 hour ago, Larbert_Par said:

Killie were 8th when he left, six points off the top six and 10 clear of the relegation spots. They finished 10th that season, 11 clear of St Mirren, 12 behind 7th placed Hamilton. I'm sure Killie fans at the time weren't thrilled by the stuff they were playing, but given they only just stayed up at your expense last year, and are hardly setting the heather on fire this term, it retrospect it doesn't look as bad.

Anyway, he walked because the board sold Robbie Muirhead to United without his knowledge IIRC.

For me, if he keeps us clear of relegation trouble then that's fine for this season. I liked the ambition of trying to push higher up the table but consolidation is surely the first priority for any newly promoted team. If he achieves that then it's about trying to do better next season.

I don't know what Killie beating us has owt to do with AJ, 2 managers on, 2yr on and many players on.

2 wins in 15 prior him leaving Killie does suggest it wasnt paper roses, previous season Hearts with a massive points deduction and a Hibs team who ended the season with one win in 19, kinda gave him a free ride in his first season.

One look at the current Dunfermline team he has assembled and I'd take one player from a squad he's assembled with a healthy budget. 

Keep clutching them straws.....

I don't know what Killie beating us has owt to do with AJ, 2 managers on, 2yr on and many players on.
2 wins in 15 prior him leaving Killie does suggest it wasnt paper roses, previous season Hearts with a massive points deduction and a Hibs team who ended the season with one win in 19, kinda gave him a free ride in his first season.
One look at the current Dunfermline team he has assembled and I'd take one player from a squad he's assembled with a healthy budget. 
Keep clutching them straws.....

Just suggesting that the job he did at Killie should be put into some sort of context. That they haven't exactly pulled up trees compared to where they were when he left.
Could we be doing better than we are? Probably. But I certainly didn't expect a top four push; I thought we'd be where we are, which is 5th or 6th. I think that there's too much reliance on a 4-4-2 system over the course of this season, and occasions where there's too much reliance on the starting players to come good in games (St Mirren at home recently is an example).
Overall though, I'm happy with how we're doing. Saturday apart, we're playing much better than at the start of the season and look more difficult to beat. I would be looking for us to kick on more next season.

On 2/8/2017 at 07:01, Back Post Misses said:

And those who don't know the difference between shite footballer and good. He is immobile, carrying too much timber and got shoved about by a wee 21 year old in Sibbald. Enjoy the cult status he has for some reason. Personally hope he stays in you team along with the rest of the dross that turned up at the weekend. The two worst teams that have visited TFS this season by some way. Dunfermline and the 11 game unbeaten Dunfermline.

^^^

Responded as if I said Wedderburn was a good footballer rather than a sexy man.

Already had zoomers like you against the Rovers with Big Sexy Ben.

Rather have a team that lost but I'd happily ride half the squad tbh.

I find it strange that opposition fans say our squad is terrible but also that we should be doing better?

We have an average squad that's played well (for the most part) recently following an awful start. I think most sensible Pars supporters felt we'd not be good enough for top four but wouldn't get relegated either. Hibs, United and Falkirk were obvious favourites for top three positions, so sneaking 4th was always the best we could possibly do and that would be an impressive season.

Anywhere 5th-8th does me fine. Obviously, if we ended up in the bottom two or only a couple points clear then questions would have to be asked about AJ.

I find it strange that opposition fans say our squad is terrible but also that we should be doing better?
We have an average squad that's played well (for the most part) recently following an awful start. I think most sensible Pars supporters felt we'd not be good enough for top four but wouldn't get relegated either. Hibs, United and Falkirk were obvious favourites for top three positions, so sneaking 4th was always the best we could possibly do and that would be an impressive season.
Anywhere 5th-8th does me fine. Obviously, if we ended up in the bottom two or only a couple points clear then questions would have to be asked about AJ.

The amount of dough you are rumoured to be spending you should have better players.

AJ won't last unfortunately

Archived