Celtic v Aberdeen 1st Feb

We will never contain them for 90 minutes, they are far stronger in attack than defence so it seems like the only logical thing to do is have a go.

Hopefully Mcginn takes his recent good form into this game and doesn’t go missing like he sometimes does against Celtic.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not looking forward to this I must admit but I travel in hope.

Not so much in the 'just have a go' camp.  I want to see us go there with confidence, keep it solid, retain possession when we get the chance, attack with conviction at sensible times and see where it takes us.  If we lose so be it, we will move on.

We come into this in probably our best form of the season so who knows.

At least I'll have a good view of the game :unsure2:

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not looking forward to this I must admit but I travel in hope.

Not so much in the 'just have a go' camp.  I want to see us go there with confidence, keep it solid, retain possession when we get the chance, attack with conviction at sensible times and see where it takes us.  If we lose so be it, we will move on.

We come into this in probably our best form of the season so who knows.

At least I'll have a good view of the game :unsure2:

Aberdeen may as well have a go, if nothing else to make a game of it. Their tactic in the cup final seemed to be to try and contain Celtic early doors and, as soon as we scored it was game over, they seemed to have no idea after that how to play the game and put in a frankly terrible performance, totally letting their huge support down that day.

Despite what the scorelines suggest we have looked a bit ropey at the back lately, Dundee, Rangers 2012, St Johnstone and Hearts have all caused us problems, if Aberdeen were to score first it could make things interesting, they are one of the teams capable of beating us in a one off game.

4 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

wouldn't mind dropping a couple of wee points to Aberdeen... 

i'm sure most Celtic fans feel the same

Nope, Aberdeen & The The Rangers are an irrelevance. 

Let them fight it out for the scraps.

Aberdeen will bottle it, as usual.

You probably shouldn't have moved a weekend league game to play a f*cking friendly then.

No complaints from me. However, in the case of Aberdeens two games in hand, must be embarrassing having to abandon a game because you can't floodlight the pitch. Shambles of a stadium.

And karma came around to boot you in the baws after traveling to Firhill to be sent home in the pissin' rain.

No complaints from me. However, in the case of Aberdeens two games in hand, must be embarrassing having to abandon a game because you can't floodlight the pitch. Shambles of a stadium.

And karma came around to boot you in the baws after traveling to Firhill to be sent home in the pissin' rain.

I don't recall any of our fans complaining about us having too many midweek games to play, the Motherwell game was midweek originally anyway so it made little difference. Classic old firm whataboutery.

Karma [emoji1]

It was a postponed football match m80

Archived