Games off 4th Feb

lonewolfie

That's the thing - a park being deemed playable at 10am is no absolute guarantee of it still being on at 2pm. In the Glasgow area yesterday the rain came down in sheets from about 11-12.30 - I know, I got soaked on the way down to catch the train to our game which ended up being played mostly in bright sunshine!- which put a few parks which were heavy but playable at 10 over the edge and contributed to the amount of late calloffs...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Oscar Wilder said:

Not a 2 hour downpour, was nearing Barrhead and not a drop of rain.

Wrong - there was a deluge for about 2 hours yesterday morning from around 10.00am in Barrhead and it is no surprise the game was called off late, despite all the hard work done by Arthurlie 1981 and his fellow supporters.

Rather than slaughter them for all their hard work with no benefit in the end thank them for at least trying to get the game played. 

You are correct that there was no rain when you arrived in Barrhead but the damage was already done.  

Sometimes in life Sh1te happens - get over it.

6 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Wrong - there was a deluge for about 2 hours yesterday morning from around 10.00am in Barrhead and it is no surprise the game was called off late, despite all the hard work done by Arthurlie 1981 and his fellow supporters.

Rather than slaughter them for all their hard work with no benefit in the end thank them for at least trying to get the game played. 

You are correct that there was no rain when you arrived in Barrhead but the damage was already done.  

Sometimes in life Sh1te happens - get over it.

At 9 am yesterday morning the three hour rain radar showed heavy spells of rain all over the west of Scotland. The source is very reliable

3 hours ago, sweep said:

At 9 am yesterday morning the three hour rain radar showed heavy spells of rain all over the west of Scotland. The source is very reliable

I don't get your point - should every team in the West of Scotland then automatically called off their games because there was heavy rain forecast all over the West of Scotland?

Arthurlie's pitch was passed playable around 9.30 and I suspect there was no issue with Neilston's at that time either, yet both games eventually were called off due to the extreme rain. 

The reason the game was off was the weather nothing to do with it 'taking a beating from a derby game'. The ref said game on then decided that it was too dangerous and he was correct, would you rather he started it and someone got a serious injury? 

I'm not sure why the Glenafton boys feel a need to pursue this. The pitch was playable in the morning. Rain was forecast but we all know that the impact can vary. 

It arrived later in the East but with the same consequences for us at Hill of Beath where the game waspostponed 25 minutes or so before ko. Unlike some of the stuff we've been through over the last couple of seasons, I don't think there is much that could have been done. When there is a sustained deluge for a couple of hours so close to kick off then you just need to put hands up and get on with the rest of the day. It happened to us a couple of seasons back against Bo'ness where the rain was torrential. Had we kicked off at 12 that day we'd have been fine. Had we kicked off at 3 we'd have been fine. Kicking off at 2 fucked it. 

Not even denying the pitch took a beating! .... "Just shows you" !

Get it through your head there was no problem with how the pitch was from the previous weeks game. The reason the game was off was due to the torrential rain that fell before the game after the inspection. To the guy saying looking at the radar, weather forecasting is not an exact science and if we had used it and called the game off and the rain wasn't as intense and the pitch was playable then Glens would rightly be moaning. I don't now why Glens fans are getting their panties in a knot, these things happen and it is frustrating and the fact that it happened to you at EK won't help but get over it and move on.

The reason the game was off was the weather nothing to do with it 'taking a beating from a derby game'. The ref said game on then decided that it was too dangerous and he was correct, would you rather he started it and someone got a serious injury? 

That was the same as the st rochs v larkhall game it was on after pitch inspection at 10 game on the ref said both teams turn up all changed and ready to go out for warm up heavy downpour for a hour before ko then the ref called it off

Some of your own fans even said it took a bad beating from the Derby game! 
Should have known early morning there was doubt, the big muddy patch in the far corner would need a good day of strong sun to dry out

So what you are really saying is you know better than the referee who when looked at the muddy bit that It was fine!!

Your right we did it to fuck all the Glens fans who travelled up never mind the losses the club made from food, sponsors etc. We are so rich that we can do what we want. In fact we will try and do it again to you when you travel up for the rearranged fixture. It's all to get back at Glens for when it happened to is at Loch Park.

Oh and 1 last thing IT WAS ONLY UNPLAYABLE AFTER HEAVY RAIN FELL ON IT AFTER 11.

Had to put it in capitals because you obviously have an eyesight problem.

I'm not sure why the Glenafton boys feel a need to pursue this. The pitch was playable in the morning. Rain was forecast but we all know that the impact can vary. 
It arrived later in the East but with the same consequences for us at Hill of Beath where the game waspostponed 25 minutes or so before ko. Unlike some of the stuff we've been through over the last couple of seasons, I don't think there is much that could have been done. When there is a sustained deluge for a couple of hours so close to kick off then you just need to put hands up and get on with the rest of the day. It happened to us a couple of seasons back against Bo'ness where the rain was torrential. Had we kicked off at 12 that day we'd have been fine. Had we kicked off at 3 we'd have been fine. Kicking off at 2 fucked it. 

Personally I'm not pursuing anything. There was no rain where I live all Saturday morning and driving to the game so I was surprised the game was called off just before kick off.
I think folk were just a bit pissed off because its been twice in three weeks we have traveled to away games and been hit with a late call off.
Full credit to Arthurlie for trying to get the game on and their apologies for the lack of updates on social media.
Lets hope everyone moves on now.

1 hour ago, Stillseekfedup said:

Personally I'm not pursuing anything. There was no rain where I live all Saturday morning and driving to the game so I was surprised the game was called off just before kick off.
I think folk were just a bit pissed off because its been twice in three weeks we have traveled to away games and been hit with a late call off.
Full credit to Arthurlie for trying to get the game on and their apologies for the lack of updates on social media.
Lets hope everyone moves on now.

Be glad you didn't get to Wick lol. 

If your park is very heavy but playable and there is more rain forecast and shown as certain on radar. Then it would be wise to consider postponement

Sorry refs are not to be clairvoyant.
Otherwise frosty pitches in winter would not be postponed with 5 hours of sunshine forecast.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

Otherwise frosty pitches in winter would not be postponed with 5 hours of sunshine forecast.

Speaking of frost. There may be trouble ahead.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

Oh a forgot to ask .When did any place get five hours of sunshine in the winter in Scotland

Archived