Rob Roy V Musselburgh Athletic, New tinto park , sat feb 11th , 4.45pm ko

rednblack

The opportunity to do two games in one trip is attracting the groundhopping community. Folks are coming up from Englandshire (and in my case down from Aberdeenshire) to do a 2pm West Junior fixture of each's choice then to converge on this one at 4:45pm. Print enough programmes!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Relative to the usual solution (leave it for umpteen weeks until the pitch is playable or available) it is very innovative and a small step on the way to modernising Junior football. 
This thread has already attracted some nay-saying with my current favourite being that it's "a cunt" of a place to get to. In fact it's a short walk from Ibrox which is heavily serviced by public transport and isn't a kick in the arse from Cardonald Station either, not to mention the continuous stream of busses back to the city centre from PRW!
It's the Scottish Cup and you could have been travelling to Aberdeen or Inverness, so all things considered this isn't too bad. 

Couldn't understand that one myself chap from kilsyth is negative sort i think.

Good job his own team are not in the premier all those cunt of a trips to ayrshire [emoji4]

innovative is when it's a new idea mate. This idea has been banded about for years. And with the forecast this was gonna be forced on them anyway next week. Albeit not a later ko but rob Roy knew it was there last attempt at getting it on at home. Innovative it isn't!!! Sensible it is and good forward thinking.

It wasn't our last attempt to get it on! We would of tried to get it on next week if this week had failed.
Whole host of reasons why we want it played that wasn't one of them mate.

It wasn't our last attempt to get it on! We would of tried to get it on next week if this week had failed.
Whole host of reasons why we want it played that wasn't one of them mate.

How many call offs do you get?? Far as am aware it's 3 before it's swapped to another venue. This week if game was off then that's 3 mate. So they'd of forced the issue to play it on Astro like they did with others

3 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

The opportunity to do two games in one trip is attracting the groundhopping community. Folks are coming up from Englandshire (and in my case down from Aberdeenshire) to do a 2pm West Junior fixture of each's choice then to converge on this one at 4:45pm. Print enough programmes!

So that'll be you, two other men and a dug presumably?

So why did we approach the people in charge early ? Why were we not told by them after the second call off change it as this needs to get played. We were not put under any pressure it was ourselves who arranged this as we want it played asap nobody else.

End of the day several games fell foul of the weather last two weeks not as if it was only us.

4 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

7 hours standing in the cold in Govan. Put me down as a maybe.

Agreed . Just had to laugh at the innovative posts being banded about

I mentioned this previously.

We approached the powers that be. We sourced the pitch etc. We and Musselburgh were willing to play this big game under the floodlights and not let it drag on anymore which happens in the juniors. We had to get permission from Tom Johnstone you can read into that he and the sjfa had not given any notice of us being in 'last chance saloon ' to get this on if we were they would have approached us first surely to give us the ultimatum.

In the context of junior football i get why that was said even if in the world outside of junior football it isn't.

Archived