Dundee v The Rangers

I put £10 on a Dundee win at 4/1 and it was the easiest £40 I've ever made. Really wasn't expecting that at all.

I actually put this on after I'd been told the line ups in the pub, was pleasantly surprised to see Hartley going for it. Rangers are absolutely gash at the back and if more teams took the approach Dundee did yesterday they'd beat them.

Haber was excellent, a big big presence up top and I cannot believe United turned him down for that dud Mikkelsen. Might not have shown on the TV but his presence up there helped Dundee massively. Ojamma off him aswell, fulfilled the Simon Murray role if you like. Great guy to have in your team, pace like that worries defenders and gets them making mistakes and your team up the park. Sure he got the assist for the goal too. Very good performances from they 2.

In midfield I thought Wighton was quite poor but had a few good moments, he was better when he moved uptop and unlucky with the one on one he had. Vincent was everywhere in the middle and used the ball well McGowan was also everywhere however he didn't use the ball well. Put in a shift though. O'Hara was excellent, great goal and him and Kerrs pace down that side stopped McKay doing anything.

Cammy Kerr was absolutely excellent, he's limited when he has the ball but his athleticism and pace added to the fact he's clearly Derry'd ooot his nut means he's a really important player back there. I think he's a good defender, I'd fancy him up against most wingers in the league, not easily beaten and always gets a tackle in. The one in front of the Derry was fucking brilliant. :lol: If you were in the street outside the ground you'd have thought somebody had scored with the noise that was made after that tackle went in. O'Dea is a classy player and cruised through it. Julen done a job and Holt was also excellent with a very well taken FK.

Scott Bain done well and a confident performance from him.

For Rangers I'd love to do the same as I've done for Dundee but it's impossible, so many nothing performances from them, in particular Halliday ( :lol: ) Garner ( :lol: ) and Waghorn. The fact that Rangers fans treat the first two like heroes is absolutely baffling, Halliday is nothing more than a wee ned and Garner is a shite thug. Hodgson was quiet, Lee Wallace a massive miss.

Hyndman played well I thought, not sure if it was him that scored or not..? McKay was dangerous, Miller very clever as always.

Tavernier done well too Wighton never got anything out of him and he was a danger going forward. Centre halves both just horrendous by the way and Foderingham was ok.

Overall though a very enjoyable game. I absolutely loved walking past all the Rangers fans on my way back to the pub after the game, had a bigger cheeser than Ainsley Harriet and a smugger puss than Greggy Wallace walking past all they creatures. They looked heart broken, soulless and distraught. It was an extremely pleasing sight.

I'm not the biggest fans of the Dees but I have respect for them and they gave me an absolutely brilliant day out yesterday so would just like to say a thank you to everyone involved. ;)

The support the team got yesterday was excellent.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

I am. Although it has to be said I am having a better Day today than I did yesterday. Drinking heavily the night before Rangers play away from home is never a good idea. The hangover just makes everything seem a helluva lot worse.

Rangers forums are in meltdown which I find baffling. Why are they so shocked? This had been coming and being perfectly honest it will get a helluva lot worse before it gets better. If it gets better.

Dundee are a decent team and we have seen recently that Rangers have struggled against far poorer teams than Dundee. Good luck to them as they thoroughly deserved the win and if anything the score line flattered Rangers. We were well beaten.

At this particular time Rangers need strong leadership from the boardroom, from those managing the first team and from the players on the pitch. From the outside looking in it appears Kenny Miller is the only one who really cares. Sad state of affairs but we are where we are.

I ve read a few who won't be renewing season tickets. I don't get this at all. I buy my season ticket to support the club and so I can go and back the team regardless of whether they are winning or losing . In fact it is more important to back them through the bad times. Too many Rangers supporters were brought up knowing only success. If nothing else this is a test of their support. Walk away now and they simply don't deserve a team to support!!

Rangers forums are in meltdown because the majority have their head in the sand and are maybe only now realising what everybody else could see months/years ago.

6 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Rangers forums are in meltdown because the majority have their head in the sand and are maybe only now realising what everybody else could see months/years ago.

I think it's more to do with some melodramatic arse holes who believe Rangers should be winning every game regardless of who they are playing.

Time for cool heads and making the right decisions for the long term future of the club. Stop obsessing over 10 in a row would be a good place to start! If it happens it happens. 

At the moment we are miles behind Aberdeen never mind a rampant Celtic team!

And there it is. The sense of entitlement. This is why everyone fucking hates you. Well that and the fact you are all violent, disgusting bigots. 

You should be praying for a point at Dens, that would be a fantastic result for that Rangers side. 

You mistake expectation as entitlement . None of us take it for granted, but we expect a better show than what's being presented to us at the moment. I'd take 11 Kenny Millers in a heartbeat.
We had a good drink in Dundee yesterday, what violent disgusting bigotry did you witness? Stock phrase, throwaway line perhaps? Stick to the football.

9 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

I think it's more to do with some melodramatic arse holes who believe Rangers should be winning every game regardless of who they are playing.

Time for cool heads and making the right decisions for the long term future of the club. Stop obsessing over 10 in a row would be a good place to start! If it happens it happens. 

Sensible post. Definitely an unfounded superiority complex. Times have changed, it's not the 90's any more and many Rangers fans could do with noting that.

You mistake expectation as entitlement . None of us take it for granted, but we expect a better show than what's being presented to us at the moment. I'd take 11 Kenny Millers in a heartbeat.
We had a good drink in Dundee yesterday, what violent disgusting bigotry did you witness? Stock phrase, throwaway line perhaps? Stick to the football.

Pub were you in?

10 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

I wish you'd stop being so sensible.  I'm only used to rangers fans behaving like slavering messes on here.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

tombstone.jpg.823a252cde14b83bcb9612c807b6de69.jpg

The Rangers assistant clearly doing the Spike Tombstone Piledriver wrong.  You're meant to stand in front of the receiver. 

25 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

I doubt this very much. 

Their seethe is a toys out the pram tantrum which can only be cured by their club announcing they are going to spend whatever it takes to compete with Celtic. 

2 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

I ve read a few who won't be renewing season tickets. I don't get this at all. I buy my season ticket to support the club and so I can go and back the team regardless of whether they are winning or losing . In fact it is more important to back them through the bad times. Too many Rangers supporters were brought up knowing only success. If nothing else this is a test of their support. Walk away now and they simply don't deserve a team to support!!

You've answered your own question.

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I wouldn't say that RM sums up the mentality of the entire support, but it certainly represents a chunk of it.  For these types, it really is all about winning and being dominant.  They scarcely even pretend otherwise.  

I always thought this had the potential to be the most interesting stage of 'the journey'.  Despite the comical  defeats to the likes of Annan and the Ramsden's Cup capitulations, the trajectory was always upwards with the vast majority of matches yielding wins, such was the scale of their advantages.  Even the stuttering Championship season saw King win power causing unfounded delight.

The real test of supporter resolve comes at this stage though.  If Rangers really are to be a mere also-ran, incapable of getting closer to Celtic than the others, what then?

RM types won't fancy such a situation and might not tolerate it for long.  Some may even walk away.

The Frankenstein of Scottish football has been accepted by the mob it was never in doubt.
Once a ger always a ger with the nobody likes us we don't care brigade. 
Follow follow are quite happy being sheep.
The powers of Scottish football gave rangers a second chance but the mind set stays the same.
Living within their means does not compute.
Win at all costs mentality.
Scottish football's rangers Frankenstein five years on can they heal the body parts or is it just falling apart again?  

Archived