2 minutes ago, big al said:

Think he's saying since the tragedies Deans been suffering depression and only since then has he bet against Cowden because he's not been thinking straight.

makes sense and there has to be some reason 1 of the few players who actually loves Cowden ended up betting against us.

Just realised folk thought I was on about some scam.Would laugh if this was not so serious. You are spot on, and the worrying thing for me is Dean can't remember putting these bets on.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not commented until now. I like Dean but the board have come to the correct conclusion. Stupid little boys need to grow up at some point. This is Deans. He needs to look after his daughter. This is a warning to everyone on social media. Your employers do monitor your activity. Everything can be traced to your MAC address.

Sorry he has to go this way.

But I refuse to take the shit thrown from other parochial little towns no better than ourselves.

Al, the fightback starts here

10 minutes ago, CowdenFC said:

Just realised folk thought I was on about some scam.Would laugh if this was not so serious. You are spot on, and the worrying thing for me is Dean can't remember putting these bets on.

A bit of well intentioned advice and I hope you will take it that way. Better to stop posting on this thread tonight. Feelings are understandably raw and better to let things settle down. The roasters on here are lapping this up.

A bit of well intentioned advice and I hope you will take it that way. Better to stop posting on this thread tonight. Feelings are understandably raw and better to let things settle down. The roasters on here are lapping this up.

It's a fuckin fitbaw forum. Stop treating it like real life [emoji23]

Too many things handled wrongly imo that guys like yourself won't know about.Dean has done wrong simple but deserves a chance to explain himself more than has been allowed.Really angry that a letter sent to him has been published on the club website for a start.

He's tried explaining himself via the sun and other such media outlets, and came across absolutely terribly in them.

I'm not trying to be funny but you're board couldn't have acted better, there is absolutely no excuse for betting against your own team, there's no way he couldve stayed after that.

If he wasn't such a good player he probably would've been punted after the homophobic twitter nonsense.

If he can't remember putting them on how was he able to recall them in the interviews?

As soon as someone does anything these days , drinks , has a bet , drugs , eat , breath. It's oh my god that person has an addiction.

Addiction my arse he's just been a silly laddie having a bet as most other do all over the country . He's been billy big baws about it and been caught out . Tough shit deano nae luck .

I think Cowden called this right. Our clubs mean a lot to us and fans put a lot of emotion, time and money into supporting the players. One of those players taking the field having backed the team to lose is a betrayal too far. I don't think there was any comeback after that, but Dean Brett didn't help matters by continuing to tweet and by speaking to the media. 

Classy statement by Cowdenbeath. I hope Dean Brett doesn't appeal and instead takes up the offer of help and advice. 

21 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I think Cowden called this right. Our clubs mean a lot to us and fans put a lot of emotion, time and money into supporting the players. One of those players taking the field having backed the team to lose is a betrayal too far. I don't think there was any comeback after that, but Dean Brett didn't help matters by continuing to tweet and by speaking to the media. 

Classy statement by Cowdenbeath. I hope Dean Brett doesn't appeal and instead takes up the offer of help and advice. 

I doubt there will be an appeal 

He's been more than daft with his homophobic tweets and betting against the team that pays his wages.

He is the sort of person by the looks of it who shouldn't post on an empty head.

Him being a Hibs supporter, he posted a lot of inane drivel last season (when we, Falkirk were rumoured to be signing him). As well as during the matches that we played against Hibs in the league.", also the play off.

Some of the stuff posted was that of a silly laddie with no common sense and a lot of hatred (maybe too strong a word) in his blood.

Are Cowdenbeath retaining his registration for the time being?
If they were, that would allow his suspension to clear and improve his prospect of getting back into the game in the future surely?
I can see him re-signing for Cowdenbeath in July, with them releasing a statement saying that he's fulfilled everything they've asked of him so they've decided to give him another chance, once the furore has died down.
Given that Cowdenbeath will (hopefully) be in the Lowland League by then, the chances are that their profile won't make it much of a story.

Cowdenbeath have played a blinder wth this one and done it by the book. They won't hold on to his registration. Brett will have to serve his ban with the team that takes him on and rightly so.

Archived