Inverness Caledonian Thistle v The Rangers

No great surprise last night. A team totally devoid of fight, devoid of any professional pride (Miller apart)Tactically clueless and very little skill. 

It was embarrassing but i am pretty sure there are quite a few players who simple couldn't give a f**k as they sit at home today looking at their bank balances and smiling as we mugs continue to turn up week in week out paying through the nose to watch this garbage.

I have always been of the opinion as long as they are trying on the park then you cannot ask anymore. The problem Rangers have at the moment is there are too many who have thrown in the towel. 

Sitting watching the game last night i couldn't even get excited as we were pushing for the winner as our play simply didn't deserve it. A draw would probably have been a fair result but what a great finish to win it so absolutely no complaints. 

This Rangers team could learn a helluva lot from Dundee and ICT. They show you how far heart and desire and no little skill can get you.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

No great surprise last night. A team totally devoid of fight, devoid of any professional pride (Miller apart)Tactically clueless and very little skill. 

It was embarrassing but i am pretty sure there are quite a few players who simple couldn't give a f**k as they sit at home today looking at their bank balances and smiling as we mugs continue to turn up week in week out paying through the nose to watch this garbage.

I have always been of the opinion as long as they are trying on the park then you cannot ask anymore. The problem Rangers have at the moment is there are too many who have thrown in the towel. 

Sitting watching the game last night i couldn't even get excited as we were pushing for the winner as our play simply didn't deserve it. A draw would probably have been a fair result but what a great finish to win it so absolutely no complaints. 

This Rangers team could learn a helluva lot from Dundee and ICT. They show you how far heart and desire and no little skill can get you.

Pleasing.

Chin up sausage.
b0rnuwv.jpg

9 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

axb58g.thumb.jpg.dd0902ba4394e8b132aac6178b5d319a.jpg

Watching on the television that was torture.  After a really shaky first twenty minutes I thought we deserved three points and it looked as though, in keeping with our season, we were going to end up blowing them.  Defensively we were OK, aside from the needless penalty and some positional confusion we did alright.  The last two games we've emphasised solidity, we've been conservative with the full-backs and midfielder '3' and it's helped us.  Once again Draper, Tansey and Polworth were good, Tansey in particular seems to have perked up and Polworth worked hard.  Draper's strength was important and he was less careless than he was at Tynecastle.  

Up front Billy Mckay is such an improvement on anyone we've had up front this season so far it's untrue.  Comparing him to Doumbaya, Fisher or Boden is embarrassing, Mckay works so hard, is a constant outlet, puts pressure on opponents and can score goals like the winner.  If we stay up he's going to be a big, big part of it.  Of the two wider players I thought Mulreany had probably his best game for us and used his pace to actually have an impact on the game whereas Cole was more subdued compared to his showing last week.

19 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Watching on the television that was torture.  After a really shaky first twenty minutes I thought we deserved three points and it looked as though, in keeping with our season, we were going to end up blowing them.  Defensively we were OK, aside from the needless penalty and some positional confusion we did alright.  The last two games we've emphasised solidity, we've been conservative with the full-backs and midfielder '3' and it's helped us.  Once again Draper, Tansey and Polworth were good, Tansey in particular seems to have perked up and Polworth worked hard.  Draper's strength was important and he was less careless than he was at Tynecastle.  

Up front Billy Mckay is such an improvement on anyone we've had up front this season so far it's untrue.  Comparing him to Doumbaya, Fisher or Boden is embarrassing, Mckay works so hard, is a constant outlet, puts pressure on opponents and can score goals like the winner.  If we stay up he's going to be a big, big part of it.  Of the two wider players I thought Mulreany had probably his best game for us and used his pace to actually have an impact on the game whereas Cole was more subdued compared to his showing last week.

I wondered if that was a normal performance for Mulraney as wondered how the hell he was at Inverness no disrespect intended. He had Wallace on absolute toast and looked like he has pace to  burn. 

I wondered if that was a normal performance for Mulraney as wondered how the hell he was at Inverness no disrespect intended. He had Wallace on absolute toast and looked like he has pace to  burn. 

He's the fastest player I think I've ever seen playing for us but he's taken a while to show that he can deliver the ball or make good decisions. He struggled early in the season and dropped out of the team but against Hearts he looked much more disciplined and used his pace to track back as well as attack.

ETA - Lets. It get carried away, I don't think Mulreany has scored or assisted a goal in his career so far,

Just saw the highlights... vigurs might as well told the keeper where he was shooting. I guessed it on the stance before the run up.

Murty has the look of a man who is only doing this because Dave King has his wife and kids suspended above a piranha tank.
IMG_-rq5cqn.thumb.jpg.fdeffa1a1f97238bde6d7433a4960e6c.jpg

I genuinely feel so sorry for the guy. Sounds like a decent guy in the interviews who was enjoying life coaching the youngsters and he's been thrust into an absolute shambles with a massive spotlight shone on his coupon!

22 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I genuinely feel so sorry for the guy. Sounds like a decent guy in the interviews who was enjoying life coaching the youngsters and he's been thrust into an absolute shambles with a massive spotlight shone on his coupon!

He didn't want the job and it looks like this whole sorry episode could tarnish his coaching career. He'll be out of Rangers end of season and looking for a new club through no fault of his own, ending being used as a scapegoat to deflect away from the rip roaring c**t of it both Dave King and Mark Warburton have created. Some Rangers fans have already bought into this.

He didn't want the job and it looks like this whole sorry episode could tarnish his coaching career. He'll be out of Rangers end of season and looking for a new club through no fault of his own, ending being used as a scapegoat to deflect away from the rip roaring c**t of it both Dave King and Mark Warburton have created. Some Rangers fans have already bought into this.

This. Its hard not too feel bad for the guy. Hes had to step up and take control after just a few months with the under 20s and it shows hes out his depth. Hes not ready for first team management and to get a goldfish bowl job like that wont be doing much for his confidence or future job prospects

Just now, weirdcal said:

This. Its hard not too feel bad for the guy. Hes had to step up and take control after just a few months with the under 20s and it shows hes out his depth. Hes not ready for first team management and to get a goldfish bowl job like that wont be doing much for his confidence or future job prospects

The shambles of a club have shown many times that they seem incapable of having a plan b to cover worst case scenario. Worst case scenario would be failure to qualify for Europe. If this was us we would already have a manager in place, but this is a clumpany pretending to be the old Rangers with decades of success and history so they in their delusions of grandeur have to wait for the right man as if there is no one capable available right now. The longer they wait the more potential income they lose out on.

I don't know if Murty was given a choice to take the job, but he made a brave move to do so and at least should be given credit for doing so. He won't by the fickle TV watching glory hunting Rangers fans who see the Rangers right to a win supports and boosts their own low self esteem to help create the delusion that they are winners in their own lives.

Archived