Dunfermline Athletic -vs- Dumbarton

I read on a toilet wall that moonsters maw can suck start a leaf blower.? 

We should win this one, but we've thought we could win games in the past and failed. I'll bet Falkirk thought they'd beat this lot too, but only just managed to hold on for a draw. This may not be as easy as we all hope. 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

What a huge couple of weeks for the Pars. Dumbarton, Queens, St Mirren and Ayr all to play between now and the 18th March. 8/9 points minimum I think, otherwise we're going to get sucked into the mire.

The general belief and aggression the team has these days (except against Falkirk!) gives me hope that we can finish 6th-8th. If Clark/Moff/Gav/Hopkirk could just show a bit of the swagger of El Bak this time last year we'd be fine. I would fear for the Moff though if he tried one of Faiss' trademark overhead kicks.

14 minutes ago, P475 said:

Is that two auld boys turning yer maw doon? 

No, that's a scene from the TV show "Still Game" in which the character Victor (who is walking beside his friend Jack) tells the character Isa "that's plenty". 

My maw has never been in Still Game, nor have two auld boys ever turned her down.

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

No, that's a scene from the TV show "Still Game" in which the character Victor (who is walking beside his friend Jack) tells the character Isa "that's plenty". 

My maw has never been in Still Game, nor have two auld boys ever turned her down.

Lol. 

Thanks for clearing that up moonster. Well played min:thumsup2

6 hours ago, P475 said:

We should win this one, but we've thought we could win games in the past and failed. I'll bet Falkirk thought they'd beat this lot too, but only just managed to hold on for a draw. This may not be as easy as we all hope. 

Why should you win? Why would anyone expect it to be easy?

Because in my opinion we are way better than you guys. Thought that was obvious really. 

We'll find out on Saturday, when I'll eat humble pie if I'm wrong. Will you? 

3 minutes ago, P475 said:

Because in my opinion we are way better than you guys. Thought that was obvious really. 

We'll find out on Saturday, when I'll eat humble pie if I'm wrong. Will you? 

The current table would suggest that we have both been worth exactly the same points with Dunfermline only edging it in being 3 goals better off. I'd say a draw was the most likely.

Also, given you haven't won a league game since 7th Jan, why are you really that confident?

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

What a huge couple of weeks for the Pars. Dumbarton, Queens, St Mirren and Ayr all to play between now and the 18th March. 8/9 points minimum I think, otherwise we're going to get sucked into the mire.

Sucked in? You're knee deep already

31 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Dumbarton have had some great results. Tough game on sat.

Agreed, they are coming onto a game. My Falkirk supporting neebur said Dumbarton played brilliantly. 

Archived