Hamilton v Aberdeen, 28/02/17

It's always slightly odd that we seem to cope really well on the pitch at Killie and did well at Falkirk in the cup a few years ago but have never got to grips with the pitch at Hamilton.  Anyone know if there are any significant differences between the surfaces?

We seemed to have a terrible record there even before be plastic pitch. I don't think I've ever actually seen Aberdeen win there.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Pawlett deserves a start. Stick him in for McLean, as I can't remember the last time he was rested. Perhaps rotate a couple of injury prone players, Reynolds etc, the surface isn't always kind and better safe than sorry going into the big one at the weekend. I'd be happy with a draw here, Hamilton always seem to perform well at NDP against us, the 3-0 a couple seasons back is still vivid in my memory.

Rest McLean when's he's in the best form of his whole career?

They were off for 3 weeks a month ago too...

nutter.

We seemed to have a terrible record there even before be plastic pitch. I don't think I've ever actually seen Aberdeen win there.

You've had a couple of big wins here. Both 3-0 I think. I think we've had three wins - 2-0, 3-0 & 1-0.

There hasn't been a Saturday meeting, at either venue, for several years. Article about this on Accies website.

I have the usual pessimistic feeling about this game as I always do when A. we're on a fine run of form/results and B. we play Accies away.

Would be delighted with a win, happy enough with a draw and slightly less grumpy than usual if we lose. But I'd much rather we won and kept the pressure on the teams below us.

3 out of the last 4 games we have played Hamilton away have been dreadful performances resulting in 2 defeats and a draw. The other game was the game when Willie Collum and his assistants getting some major decisions wrong but we still won 3-0. Not sure why we have struggled at Hamilton as we are ok on the other plastic pitch at Killie with an amazing record but this is a bit of bogey team for us. 

We are on some run at the moment with 9 wins out of 10 so hopefully our form continues and we can get the gap to 12 points between us and Rangers and make 2nd position our own. 

Accies bars are ok so should be a decent day out spoiled by the fitba! Don't think there will be a big Aberdeen support for this one since it is on the telly :(

3 out of the last 4 games we have played Hamilton away have been dreadful performances resulting in 2 defeats and a draw. The other game was the game when Willie Collum and his assistants getting some major decisions wrong but we still won 3-0. Not sure why we have struggled at Hamilton as we are ok on the other plastic pitch at Killie with an amazing record but this is a bit of bogey team for us. 
We are on some run at the moment with 9 wins out of 10 so hopefully our form continues and we can get the gap to 12 points between us and Rangers and make 2nd position our own. 
Accies bars are ok so should be a decent day out spoiled by the fitba! Don't think there will be a big Aberdeen support for this one since it is only the telly [emoji20]

Funnily enough I have attended 3 of the last 4 trips to NDP. No prizes for guessing which one I missed.

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

I mind Ash Taylor having a nightmare there once, though tbf that could probably be said about most grounds in the Premiership.

Do think some fans go over the top with criticism of Ash Taylor, he does make major errors which has cost us but in other games he has been outstanding.

I do think the manager rates him very highly as when we are down our new tactic is to put as many forwards on and leave him as the only recognised centre defender left. 

I mind Ash Taylor having a nightmare there once, though tbf that could probably be said about most grounds in the Premiership.

I think that was the 3-0 game the first time we went there under mcinnes. He was pretty hopeless that night it has to be said (and I am an advocate of his). It was right near the start of his dons career and he hadn't exactly set the heather alight in his first few games. Seem to remember him being pretty much written off that night by much of the support.

I'd be happy with a few changes, but I'd keep McLean in. He's really hit his stride recently, there's a huge amount of drive about his game now. He is winning balls I the air, competing for it when the opposition are in possession and he's made some impressive bursts through teams, particularly against Killie and County.

I'd bench Rooney and give Storey a run out. Looked sharp and played very well against County. Needs an opportunity to lead the line for an extended period of time and get some goals.

28 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think that was the 3-0 game the first time we went there under mcinnes. He was pretty hopeless that night it has to be said (and I am an advocate of his). It was right near the start of his dons career and he hadn't exactly set the heather alight in his first few games. Seem to remember him being pretty much written off that night by much of the support.

I was there that night and wrote him off. He was all over the place for his first few months but really settled in. He's had his problems, but he's one of the better centre halves in the league. There aren't many outwith Celtic I'd take over him . 

Archived