Hamilton v Aberdeen, 28/02/17

3 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

One thing that last night did bring up was the need to bring in a proper winger that can challenge Niall McGinn and Jonny Hayes. Without both playing, we looked short, not for the first time, of quality final crosses/passes. It is something I would like to see addressed as a priority in summer. And that doesn't mean dross like Wylde, Monakana and Burns, but a proper winger capable of playing first team football and producing.

I am not one of those fans who bang on about "give youth a chance", but for me Scott Wright always makes an impression when he comes on. If he doesn’t get a chance when one of our wingers are injured, when will he?

Seems to have had a decent season in a poor reserve team.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Owsley said:

On the Skondras/McGinn first half incident, I totally disagree with all of the BT panel who thought it was a CGO and therefore a red. McGinn was not reaching that ball after his touch, it was going through to be contested by Rooney and McMann and the latter did enough to put Rooney off. McGinn being barged was neither here nor there. Of course it should have been a foul and a clear yellow. From the footage from behind the goal, McLean may have had an Accies player obscuring his view.

I need to watch the highlights I think.  My view at the time (obviously from the opposite end of the pitch) was that Mcginn went over far too easily, I didn't think there was that much in it.

Sounds like maybe I was wrong!

3 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

One thing that last night did bring up was the need to bring in a proper winger that can challenge Niall McGinn and Jonny Hayes. Without both playing, we looked short, not for the first time, of quality final crosses/passes. It is something I would like to see addressed as a priority in summer. And that doesn't mean dross like Wylde, Monakana and Burns, but a proper winger capable of playing first team football and producing.

What about Scott Wright as he looks like he is a proper winger - looked great last time he come on along with Frank Ross. Manager has got to give these kids a chance of they are going to develop into fine players, if not then he has to put them out in loan to a championship team as they won't learn as much from the Development league. 

I am not one of those fans who bang on about "give youth a chance", but for me Scott Wright always makes an impression when he comes on. If he doesn’t get a chance when one of our wingers are injured, when will he?

Seems to have had a decent season in a poor reserve team.

What about Scott Wright as he looks like he is a proper winger - looked great last time he come on along with Frank Ross. Manager has got to give these kids a chance of they are going to develop into fine players, if not then he has to put them out in loan to a championship team as they won't learn as much from the Development league. 

Agreed with you lads that Scott Wright isn't far away. Albeit, I totally agree with your final line Milners. The lack of first team action at Championship level at a young age stunted Cammy Smith.

For me, Wright should have been out this season to a Falkirk or a Morton. He'd thrive at Championship level. Had the joy of watching him against Forfar in the Irn Bru Cup and he tore Forfar apart. A team comfortably a league below where they should be.

Finally, absolutely love the seethe Hamilton causes our support. Hilarious how few of them can get their head round getting beat by them. Aye, they might have two stands, an artificial park and a tiny support but on the pitch, where it matters, they still are a Premiership team and if they stay up, it will be deserved.

I was seething and struggling to get my head around why we have let a poor Hamilton side get a quarter of their points haul in two very similar matches against us.

I've seen decent Accies sides under Reid and Neil beat us and was more accepting - but looks like we may be responsible if they avoid relegation.

No axe to grind with their fans.....just wish more people in Hamilton supported them, as it's actually bigger than Motherwell, Perth and Inverness.

Hamilton deserved the win for defending, which we didn't bother with, and for taking their chances.

McGinn went down way too easily but it was about the only dive (out of many for both sides) the ref didn't fall for. Shinnie was lucky to stay on. Definite offside from Storey. Can't even blame the officials.

We should blame Ash Taylor instead, the big galoot.

Victims of geography unfortunately.

There will be more Sevco fans from Hamilton at Ibrox on Saturday than the total number of Accies fans in the away section. Sad, but true.

However, when I see the state of the mutants that fill the buses and trains to Glasgow to watch both bigot clubs, I'm quite glad I don't share a stadium with them every second week.

I'm proud of my wee diddy club. So many from Hamilton take the easy option and support one of the gruesome twosome, but f**k that.

I wouldn't change it for anything, to be honest.

I hope some of the potential "wee mutants" in our support who think it's fun to attack easy touches among the away support, either grow up or f**k off to Ibrox or Parkhead.

Sadly I know of three older fans who, over the last ten years or so, have changed their support from Accies to Celtic.

I love the fact we're punching above our weight, as apart from anything else, it's a big GIRUY to the 'biggest teams should be in the top division' crowd, such as Strachan, Preston and Young etc. Fair few on here with the same view to be fair. My favourite line on here at the moment is 'they don't bring anything to the Premiership', as if you should only be allowed to compete if you have a massive fan base or stadium.

It's a load of shite that the sky sports era of supporters have been brought up with. There is a section of our own support who like to believe we're a massive club as our attendances are higher than most of the league and that somehow gives us more worth than the hamiltons of the world.

Hamilton are a well run club, operating on a small resource, give youth a better chance than anyone and have consistently managed to keep themselves in the league despite their obvious disadvantages to other sides. Hamilton are a fucking great Scottish football story in recent years.

2 hours ago, Owsley said:

I hope some of the potential "wee mutants" in our support who think it's fun to attack easy touches among the away support, either grow up or f**k off to Ibrox or Parkhead.

Sadly I know of three older fans who, over the last ten years or so, have changed their support from Accies to Celtic.

Are you saying this is connected ?

As for the 3 older Accies fans who went to support Celtic ...good riddance to the glory  hunting  barstewards 

Well that was a kick in the stanes!  

On the plus side we dominated which is not always the case when we play Hamilton.  On the minus side, they scored more than us!

I'm going to call it a fabulous rearguard action, and a big well done!

McGinn was a free kick, but would be churlish to claim that made the difference.

We've left a chink of light for SevcoBrandRangers FC, when we could have applied more pressure.  2nd is not a gimme!

Yours

aDONis

8 hours ago, Owsley said:

age-related colourblindness?

15 hours ago, Owsley said:

Charlie Bent must be one of them.Guy who watched and helped to save Accies twice turning into a Celtic fan in his 60's;can't work that one out.

Archived