UEFA TV Blackout

19 hours ago, Swello said:

My main worry is that in order to avoid TV deals peaking due to diminishing viewing figures that UEFA or the ECA gut the domestic leagues to create the cliched European Super League at some point in the near future..

Maybe I'm being spiteful, but I'd personally like to see it happen. Those clubs have made their own bed, they should go and lie in it and stop eliminating any sort of competition in football. Let them go and play their Super League in China, it would be like what Twenty20 cricket is to test cricket. Get a proper European Cup back in place, champions only of the European leagues, no seeding.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, LondonHibsFan said:

Maybe I'm being spiteful, but I'd personally like to see it happen. Those clubs have made their own bed, they should go and lie in it and stop eliminating any sort of competition in football. Let them go and play their Super League in China, it would be like what Twenty20 cricket is to test cricket. Get a proper European Cup back in place, champions only of the European leagues, no seeding.

Yes, I'm well past the stage of caring.

Let them go and set up their own tawdry circus, without the pretence of it mattering.

If its finances stopped utterly knackering competition in small countries in a self perpetuating way, then that would simply be a bonus.

Archived