Ally Mccoist's Role

StewartyMac

I don't think this is something that should be overlooked. Everyone says it's all down to Walter, but I think the wee spawny ex-*** has had a lot to do with it.

He was an incredibly lucky player throughout his playing career (as well as being a terrific goalscorer), and that wee spark of luck has followed him into the Scotland dug out. And let's be honest, it's been a long time since we had any luck at International level.

I also reckon he brings tons of enthusiasm to the fold, and I'm pretty sure he's been instrumental in turning Kenny Miller's fortunes around.

Thoughts?

I don't think this is something that should be overlooked. Everyone says it's all down to Walter, but I think the wee spawny ex-*** has had a lot to do with it.

He was an incredibly lucky player throughout his playing career (as well as being a terrific goalscorer), and that wee spark of luck has followed him into the Scotland dug out. And let's be honest, it's been a long time since we had any luck at International level.

I also reckon he brings tons of enthusiasm to the fold, and I'm pretty sure he's been instrumental in turning Kenny Miller's fortunes around.

Thoughts?

668401[/snapback]

:rolleyes: I think you're spot on about McCoists influence but I think he's passed more on to Kenny and the team than just luck. AS some famous golfer once said 'The more I practice, the luckier i get'

Guest Follow Follow

I think he and Tommy Burns are doing a great job - alongside Walter - and the main reason?

Walter trusts them, anybody remeber Berti's first game in charge when he pulled Burns back when Tommy was shouting instructions to players

McCoist clearly has helped Miller's confidence and long may it continue

Guest Countyaremagic

Definitely agree. You can see his enthusiasm and it must get the players going. Kenny Miller in particular has been transformed. :D

I remember thinking Coisty's appointment could prove to be a master stroke by Walter Smith and it certainly seems to be working. Follow Follow's got a good point, there's a lot more trust and respect in that dugout now. McCoist must have a lot he can pass on and his reaction's in the dugout are superb.

Top o' the morning to everyone by the way.

The difference in Kenny Miller's game in particular is astonishing, I reckon McCoist has had a big influence on the runs he makes. His first goal last night was a terrific "striker's goal".

Wonder if McCoist has ever had ambitions to get into club management or coaching?

Guest Caleyking

Apparently Miller's form has a lot to do with Hoddle at Wolves as well.

I read in the paper the other day that he is working a lot at improving the types of runs and general movement that Kenny makes.

Apparently he was jumping up and down when Kenny scored against the Italians, although I suspect not as much as I was when Healy scored last night. :D

Apparently Miller's form has a lot to do with Hoddle at Wolves as well.

I read in the paper the other day that he is working a lot at improving the types of runs and general movement that Kenny makes.

Apparently he was jumping up and down when Kenny scored against the Italians, although I suspect not as much as I was when Healy scored last night.  :D

668463[/snapback]

yeh but thats glen hoddle saying that, he's only scored one for wolves this season.

McCoist will get the morale in the dressing room up and he's a well respected face in Scottish football. I think he's doing a fantastic job.

Agree that Coisty has had a very positive effect on the dressing room. Probably is a lot more light hearted and relaxed now than it was under Berti, and it's showing on the pitch. The players look more confident in themselves and i believe this to be the best Scotland team since '98.

We won't make Germany, but we have a gret chance of putting a dark decade behind us in Austria in 2008, bring it on :)

Guest Caleyking
yeh but thats glen hoddle saying that, he's only scored one for wolves this season.

668479[/snapback]

Aye, and it was in the league cup against some pish too, but you can definately see his movement and awareness is better. Take away the goals in the last 2 games and he's still been superb.

You could see Watty Smith's passion last night when he threw that water bottle into the dugout when Weir booted the ball straight out of play.

I think England could do with some of that passion. Erikson is so boring and dull and negative it's unbelievable.

Sven must stay!

Bringing mccoist in is a masterstroke, the guy always comes across as a decent happy go lucky fellow with a great personality, it can only be beneficial in terms of team spirit and bonding as a group, which for a country like us, with so few players of real quality is crucial.

Bringing mccoist in is a masterstroke, the guy always comes across as a decent happy go lucky fellow with a great personality, it can only be beneficial in terms of team spirit and bonding as a group, which for a country like us, with so few players of real quality is crucial.

668711[/snapback]

Correct - I always thought Ireland had a really good team spirit and that helped make them the team they were.

:rolleyes: I think you're spot on about McCoists influence but I think he's passed more on to Kenny and the team than just luck. AS some famous golfer once said 'The more I practice, the luckier i get'

668404[/snapback]

Gary Player was that man

Correct - I always thought Ireland had a really good team spirit and that helped make them the team they were.

668750[/snapback]

Aye and what was Roy Keane's famous quote illustrating the Irish team spirit - "You're a focking shoite manager and you were a focking shoite player... your not evern focking Oirish you English c**t" ;):P

I agree that we seem to have more togetherness now.

Regarding Hoddle and Kenny Milller, Bill Leckie wrote a piece in the Sun about the last Wolves match before the Scotland games and he said that Kenny Miller, whilst not scoring, was man of the match by a mile and the Wolves fans were chanting his name.

Archived