Big Sexy Falkirk v The Famous MorTEN

3 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Bear in mind the poverty though, a lot of folk just can't afford to go to the football no matter their allegiance.

But aye, theres a huge Celtic club right in the middle of the town. Most of my family are Rangers fans and a handful are half arsed Morton fans at best

You cannae do much about that buddy.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Doesn't Falkirk have the same problem with thousands of people leaving for Ibrox every week? 

1 minute ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

He's trying to make this about Hibernian and how they are better than us

Well for me it's not mate. I am trying to have a civil chat with you.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes we do.

So does Edinburgh though. The average attendance of our capital city combined is around 30k vs Glasgows which is c100k.

It's a problem for our whole country.

I get what you mean though, attendances at Cappielow are particularly disappointing. We have a fundamental problem in Greenock in that a lot of the social dynamics that underpin the Old Firm (shipyards and heavy industry, Catholics being closed out of certain industries, high levels of Irish migration) were big factors in the history of the town, so coupled with the fact it's so near to Glasgow it's easy to see how this has happened. There's also the issue of cultural self confidence in a town that has been very economically depressed for a long time.

I can't help but think that the nick of our stadium is a factor. I love Cappielow but it must look a bit odd to kids and people new to the game

Yes we do.
So does Edinburgh though. The average attendance of our capital city combined is around 30k vs Glasgows which is c100k.
It's a problem for our whole country.

Shut up you cretinous roaster. Holy f**k what absolute drivel you spout.

47 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I have a colleague that lives in Greenock. Celtic fans. Hates Morton ??

He said that 16 Celtic buses or mini buses leave Greenock for every home game.

Not sure if that's true as sounds inflated.

All pretty spot on imo.

A lot of my mates are celtic fans and despise us. I'd have said there were around 10-15 supporters buses that go to parkhead and theres more that drive or use public transport. 

I would go anywhere but Ibrox. Anyone born and brought up in the Falkirk area, I have no comprehension why they would want to support that lot, doesn't make sense but i know this happens throughout the world of football. Support your local team, they need you!!

1 minute ago, RichieBairn said:

I would go anywhere but Ibrox. Anyone born and brought up in the Falkirk area, I have no comprehension why they would want to support that lot, doesn't make sense but i know this happens throughout the world of football. Support your local team, they need you!!

Good call mate. I know for a fact that Rangers buses leave from the Unity Club and Brightons Inn however Senor Bairn does not think we lose fans to the Old Firm ????

Archived