Clyde v Stirling

Ferguson obviously got tips off McLaren on where to play Johnston, he's never a full back in a million years.

I always wondered what exactly it was that people such as McLaren and Ferguson saw in him to suggest he is a Full Back. I always found it totally baffling. Sure, PJ tries and in some ways he's been hung out to dry, which isn't his fault, but he's never a Full Back in a million years. Managers with half a brain are just going to exploit this over and over again, if your average fan can see it then so can those making the decision......so what did McLaren & Ferguson see in him to put him in there?

I actually asked McLaren this very question at a 'Meet The Manager' afternoon and his answer was "well believe it or not he is actually a natural Full Back"......I have never laughed so much at a managers comment in my lifetime.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually asked McLaren this very question at a 'Meet The Manager' afternoon and his answer was "well believe it or not he is actually a natural Full Back"......I have never laughed so much at a managers comment in my lifetime.

This all but sums up McLaren, PJ was/is not a full back, even the dumbest people know that.

He's barely a player at all, tbh. One of my biggest pet hates, is the 'head doon, sleeves up' rank amateur display the likes of him exude. Its not entertaining whatsoever. 

He tries which is fair enough, but completely agree. He completely lacks footballing ability.

I always wondered what exactly it was that people such as McLaren and Ferguson saw in him to suggest he is a Full Back.

I also wonder what people see in him that makes people think he's a winger.
He can't cross the ball, he can't dribble and, in regards to his pace, he only runs the ball out of the park.

One thing though, he may not be any good but he doesn't hide like other Clyde players.

Bit worried there is no mention of the goalkeeping situation though good Perry, McNiff and Gormley back. Don't know much about Johnston but checking soccer base he's played almost 200 senior games with 4 clubs not sure what that says but not been our worst player. Think Edinburgh poorest team I've seen recently few twists and turns to come and Berwick back in the mix.

Is that bar/club 58?

Club58 was the unit in the corner which I currently shut until we find a more profitable use for it. Bar58 is in the hospitality area and you can get to it from the back of the centre of the stand.

Know a few don't fancy him but would bring back Perry think he has been that bad this season one of our better defenders ( I know not that hard ) would like us to try 3 5 2 flood the midfield
Being honest would settle for a draw right now
But hoping we can nick it 2 1

See Jim burns is special guest at the game today , what a cracking player and great idea brining older players back as guests we did it a couple of years ago so good to see it reinstated [emoji122]

23 minutes ago, Fat Sally said:

William Hill have Clyde as strong favourites.

What am I missing?

In the bookies' view, Clyde have something to play for and Stirling don't, hence they think the extra motivation for Clyde makes them favourites.

In the bookies' view, Clyde have something to play for and Stirling don't, hence they think the extra motivation for Clyde makes them favourites.

Can we send one of the bookies into the dressing room to explain that to the players please?

Club58 was the unit in the corner which I currently shut until we find a more profitable use for it. Bar58 is in the hospitality area and you can get to it from the back of the centre of the stand.

Might venture up to it seeing as there is f**k all else round Broadwood.

Archived