Cowden v Clyde ( showdown at the thunderdome)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

He hasn't played for ten weeks or so, so understandable.

I let out a huge sigh when I read this post. Two things. One: he has played for Doune Castle Amateurs several times between the end of January - when he left Plymouth - and now. Two: even if he'd sofa-surfed between then and now, we'd still be talking about a player with a full-time pre-season behind him, and one who was training with Plymouth on a full-time basis with until nearly February.

The suggestion that there might be a calculation, of any kind, involved in answering the question 'Should I play fit David Gormley or rusty David Goodwillie?' is one which, if described as absurd, would deprive the word 'absurd' of any possible future meaning. We are actually now in a situation where we've signed a player - whatever your sense of right and wrong tells you about him - who is superior in his ability, by many orders of magnitude, to anything we have. And what did we do? Start Gormley ahead of him. That has actually just happened.

I cannot wait - cannot wait - to hear the clever and sophisticated justifications of this. And, of course, of the ridiculous team that was put out.

We need an experienced, hard-nosed b*****d in there for the remaining games. Or we will go down.

4 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

I let out a huge sigh when I read this post. Two things. One: he has played for Doune Castle Amateurs several times between the end of January - when he left Plymouth - and now. Two: even if he'd sofa-surfed between then and now, we'd still be talking about a player with a full-time pre-season behind him, and one who was training with Plymouth on a full-time basis with until nearly February.

The suggestion that there might be a calculation, of any kind, involved in answering the question 'Should I play fit David Gormley or rusty David Goodwillie?' is one which, if described as absurd, would deprive the word 'absurd' of any real future meaning. We are actually now in a situation where we've signed a player - whatever your sense of right and wrong tells you about him - who is superior in his ability, by many orders of magnitude, to anything we have. And what did we do? Start Gormley on ahead of him. That has actually just happened.

I cannot wait - cannot wait - to hear the clever and sophisticated justifications of this. And, of course, the ridiculous team that was put out.

We need an experienced, hard-nosed b*****d in there for the remaining games. Or we will go down.

Absolutely agree. If today isn't enough to frighten the board into action in appointing a Craig Brown type for the last few games, then nothing will.

Anyone in a position to answer my query regarding playing the under 20 side for the remainder of the season? I wasn't kidding!

2 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Don't think haufdaft's comments were referring to Goodwillie. Think he was referring to the fact that Dundee got beat 7-0 against Aberdeen last night whilst we've just signed a keeper and defender from Dundee - leading to a few comments that they must not be very good if they can't get a game.

They're 18 years old, FFS!

24 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

The suggestion that there might be a calculation, of any kind, involved in answering the question 'Should I play fit David Gormley or rusty David Goodwillie?' is one which, if described as absurd, would deprive the word 'absurd' of any possible future meaning. We are actually now in a situation where we've signed a player - whatever your sense of right and wrong tells you about him - who is superior in his ability, by many orders of magnitude, to anything we have. And what did we do? Start Gormley ahead of him. That has actually just happened.

I cannot wait - cannot wait - to hear the clever and sophisticated justifications of this. And, of course, of the ridiculous team that was put out.

Are you paid by the word?

Archived