Annan v Arbroath

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent highlights - but I'm not sure they beat the Chapman interview. The ramblings of an absolute madman.

Sending off looks as bad as it did at the time, despite the obstructed view. He's absolutely flown in with two feet off the ground. If I was an Annan fan I'd be furious with him.

Of course it would have been a far more even game if it had been 11 v 11 and it obviously would have been far closer. Our second half performance was excellent though, as was the first 15 and final 10 of the first half, although we seemed to fall apart slightly for a wee 20 minute spell in between.

A clear sending off.

1. He is off the ground when he makes the challenge.
2. It is with excessive force which is classed as an uncontrolled challenge.
3. Even if he did make contact with the ball, it follows through the player.

A fully deserved red card.

I saw worse challenges in the Merseyside derby not even warrant a yellow!!!

You've got to be having a laugh.

There are Forfar fans, our title rivals, who are coming on not even disputing it. Take the black and yella specs aff.

Why?

A photo would confirm that it should not have been a sending off.
The highlights of this game did not clearly show this.
I was standing behind the goals at the club end of the ground where the incident was and it definitely did not look like it deserved a red card.

A photo would confirm that it should not have been a sending off.
The highlights of this game did not clearly show this.
I was standing behind the goals at the club end of the ground where the incident was and it definitely did not look like it deserved a red card.

:lol:

Give it a rest, Jim.

What end of the ground were you at ?

Did you have youre Beer Goggles on ?

By the look of things you had them on.

I was in the stand at the far end just beside the camera. Even from there it was a blatant red, Swinglehurst would've probably ended up level with me if he hadn't taken out McCord.

The video was blocked but you did see a jump into a tackle with 2 feet off the ground which is dangerous play and a silly thing to do. Doubled up with the fact that Charleston is known for being very strict with tackles like that it was plain stupid.

Archived