Champions Elect(Livingston) vs Plucky Play-Off Hopefulls (Alloa) - The Title Party

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was hoping weeks ago this would be the game we could win the league, only fitting that it's against the 2nd placed team. 2 wins and a draw against Alloa and we only need a draw, can't help being confident we'll get at least 1 point. Should be a cracking game anyway and no doubt Buchanan will get a goal, so Alloa will have to score at least 2 against us to win all 3 points.

1 hour ago, printer said:

Not sure whether I'd swap a win here for promotion. The Livi seethe if we delayed their party would keep a smile on my face for at least a year. emoji6.png

Fond memories of the epic seethe at our final game there last season. I've seen Alloa get relegated on a few occasions but that was the only time where our fans went home laughing :lol:.

8 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

If livi don't get promoted, they can celebrate the fact that they Can win the league and relegate stenny the following week.

Last time we were in this league we won it at Ochilview, written in the stars.

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

Fond memories of the epic seethe at our final game there last season. I've seen Alloa get relegated on a few occasions but that was the only time where our fans went home laughing :lol:.

Best part was that the ref got that decision spot on.

12 hours ago, printer said:

Not sure whether I'd swap a win here for promotion. The Livi seethe if we delayed their party would keep a smile on my face for at least a year. emoji6.png

"I will love it if we beat them. Love it."

Looking forward to this already, would be great if we could win the league at home, won't be easy though as Alloa won't want to be the team that we win the league against.

Seems like Mr Goodwins words of wisdom a few weeks ago has really fired our players up in recent weeks though.

4 wins out of 4 in the final quarter so far.

I really hope the club think about doing some kind of deal to allow kids in for free or reduce the price to a fiver all round to get a good crowd in for it, then it would be over to the players to deliver. 

Ive been cautious all season but it's surely a matter of when rather than if now ? The sooner the better though you'd think to allow us to get players sorted out for next season and allow some of the youngsters to get more of a run out in the remaining games.

9 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Best part was that the ref got that decision spot on.

Had to go look in the archives cause my curiosity got the better of me,  yep it was the correct decision, some call by the linesman though, took me several times watching it before i'd made my mind up but it was in the D just outside the box that Sheerin got clipped.

A win would've drawn us level with Dumbarton but there was still plenty of games to go after that and we were shite against Stranraer in the 1st leg of the play offs so deserved to go down.

I've been looking forward to this game for ages now with it looking like this would be our game to win the league, the build up will be as good as the game. The big anticipation will be a big let down if we don't do it though and if I was an Alloa player i'd be bursting to spoil our day. We shouldn't be looking for just a draw though, we all know what happened to Hearts when they only needed a draw to win the league in the last day of the season.,

We've got 5 games to win the league too, if we don't do it against Alloa we'll win it in one of them (that's me covered my bases in case we lose, lol).

16 hours ago, printer said:

Nae seethe aff me mate,would prefer tae win the league at Stenny next week,you canny beat an away day party at someone else's ground,but i'll obviously take it next week if we get a point or more :guinness

13 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Last time we were in this league we won it at Ochilview, written in the stars.

Memory might be going a bit but was that when the players had to hang around on the pitch waiting on the results coming in from other games to see if we'd won the league, was very surreal.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Memory might be going a bit but was that when the players had to hang around on the pitch waiting on the results coming in from other games to see if we'd won the league, was very surreal.

Can't quite remember the game we waited on, but was a cracking day at Stenhousemuir, sun was shining, we had about 700 fans at the game, was a brilliant atmosphere. 

Just now, andylivi1 said:

Can't quite remember the game we waited on, but was a cracking day at Stenhousemuir, sun was shining, we had about 700 fans at the game, was a brilliant atmosphere. 

Iirc there was some guy running about in a mankini, that's a sight you never want to see at a football match, or ever really.:blink::lol:

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Iirc there was some guy running about in a mankini, that's a sight you never want to see at a football match, or ever really.:blink::lol:

Funny, I'm trying to arrange a wee group of us to head along to Coatbridge last game of the season in fancy dress, the more the merrier, get involved, you and your mates, will be a great wee laugh :thumsup2

*No mankini's allowed though :lol:

3 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Funny, I'm trying to arrange a wee group of us to head along to Coatbridge last game of the season in fancy dress, the more the merrier, get involved, you and your mates, will be a great wee laugh :thumsup2

*No mankini's allowed though :lol:

I've been asked to go thru to that too andy,though i didny know it was fancy dress,then again i'll just go as myself lol :thumsup2 :guinness

2 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I've been asked to go thru to that too andy,though i didny know it was fancy dress,then again i'll just go as myself lol :thumsup2 :guinness

Nothing official, just something my mates and I are trying to arrange, get yourself involved :thumsup2

Archived