AMATEURS SIGNING AFTER MARCH 31 DEADLINE

coach

CAN anyone confirm if an amateur player finds he is a free agent after being 

released after March 31, can he be registered with another amateur club

until the end of the current season?

6 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

No you can't , he can play 2 trial games tho, or as many as your league normally allows

Many thanks to the 2 gentlemen who have taken the time and trouble 

to reply to my topic. Hope this helps other players who find themselves

in the same boat. 

In Ayrshire you cannot release players after 31st March. You can only sign a keeper after this date as it's deemed an emergency signing.

If you were released before 31st March then you can play two trial league games but not in the cup.

Not sure about other associations but that's what happens in Ayrshire

In leafa you can't release any player after 31st march !!

but you can sign a player as long as he's not registered with another club !

and you must have space to do so ! Example- we are allowed 30 signed players ! If you only have 28 signed you can sign 2 as long as they aren't registered at another club !

and their the emergency goal keeper rule ! No matter how many you have signed you can sign a keeper ! 

We are allowed 3 trialists per league game who can only play 3 games as a trialist ! 

For all amateur football you cannot release a player except a goalkeeper after 31st March. You can only sign players who were not signed with a club before the deadline. You can only play trialists(if your league allows it)  that are not signed with a club.

Always been my understanding that goalkeepers signed after 31st had to be named as goalkeeper and played there, being a ex goalkeeper myself used this rule to my advantage numerous times mainly when it came to mid week and i used to play to help out playing a monday Wednesday with eddlewood and playing Tuesday Thursday with ferniegair

1 hour ago, Ped said:

Always been my understanding that goalkeepers signed after 31st had to be named as goalkeeper and played there, being a ex goalkeeper myself used this rule to my advantage numerous times mainly when it came to mid week and i used to play to help out playing a monday Wednesday with eddlewood and playing Tuesday Thursday with ferniegair

Four games in midweek alone....come on now, what's your worst week in terms of goals let in?

Rules can be manipulated , pretty sure Div Mckay from colville was signed as an "emergency goalkeeper" to play against the Harvey in the Sunday amateur trophy final 2 years ago. So don't think there is a particular rule that states they must play in goals. 

Archived