Fixtures for 22nd please

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wont make it tomorrow but can see you pulling on the boots again tomorrow coach. Great shift last wee tbh . An from what am hearing you could be called again v Rabs whenever it happens

Thanks for that????but hopefully that's not the case as I could be 50 by the time we get that fixture[emoji23]

Very nearly two months without a league game, then two in three days is very hard to understand.

Last home game of the season against a local rival, which usually provides a healthy crowd, is extremely frustrating to get on a Monday night as well. Especially for the second season in a row.

Very nearly two months without a league game, then two in three days is very hard to understand.

Last home game of the season against a local rival, which usually provides a healthy crowd, is extremely frustrating to get on a Monday night as well. Especially for the second season in a row.

Will never understand how the fixtures get decided by him. All season long I've been wondering what goes through his head albeit I've refrained from the usual comments. I've also tried to praise him when making the very odd decision that makes sense this year .
Our last 6 games were 1 at home & 5 away . How on gods green earth can that happen (ps I was christened in the Salvation Army but I'm no longer practicing) . As stated before he is on a healthy wage for being the secretary of our region (last count was £7.5 grand ) & what exactly does he do? A few years ago I was part of my clubs committee & at the time did as much as I could to improve my club & make it as professional as my talents allowed . Work depending I was there every Saturday morning to help out with whatever needed doing . Some weeks when the game was in doubt we would have to phone him to request the help of the nearest referee for a pitch inspection.
Now I'm not going to say the name of the person who had to call our esteemed secretary to ask for said inspection but those in the know will understand that this gentlemen was the most direct & for want of a better word most cantankerous person in the juniors & even he couldn't believe how our secretary spoke when only asking a simple favour .
Anyone who votes this insidious person in next season is not only voting against their club but voting against the whole West region as a whole .
Ps I'm not for 1 second saying if we keep the status quo then under someone else next season it will be any better
4 leagues of 16 has to be voted in & now

14 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Will never understand how the fixtures get decided by him. All season long I've been wondering what goes through his head albeit I've refrained from the usual comments. I've also tried to praise him when making the very odd decision that makes sense this year .
Our last 6 games were 1 at home & 5 away . How on gods green earth can that happen (ps I was christened in the Salvation Army but I'm no longer practicing) . As stated before he is on a healthy wage for being the secretary of our region (last count was £7.5 grand ) & what exactly does he do? A few years ago I was part of my clubs committee & at the time did as much as I could to improve my club & make it as professional as my talents allowed . Work depending I was there every Saturday morning to help out with whatever needed doing . Some weeks when the game was in doubt we would have to phone him to request the help of the nearest referee for a pitch inspection.
Now I'm not going to say the name of the person who had to call our esteemed secretary to ask for said inspection but those in the know will understand that this gentlemen was the most direct & for want of a better word most cantankerous person in the juniors & even he couldn't believe how our secretary spoke when only asking a simple favour .
Anyone who votes this insidious person in next season is not only voting against their club but voting against the whole West region as a whole .
Ps I'm not for 1 second saying if we keep the status quo then under someone else next season it will be any better
4 leagues of 16 has to be voted in & now

Well said and agree with all you say . Change is needed and asap . 

Remove personalities from this discussion, the introduction of a fixture list removes the possibility of a situation like ours or Kilbirnie's occurring again. It is surely essential for our level of football to progress, and this is becoming increasingly obvious with each passing week.

Remove personalities from this discussion, the introduction of a fixture list removes the possibility of a situation like ours or Kilbirnie's occurring again. It is surely essential for our level of football to progress, and this is becoming increasingly obvious with each passing week.

Hear hear sir
I love junior football & the amount of people I've got to follow it just for the value for money alone you wouldn't believe. But to a man they can't comprehend why we don't know from week to week who we are playing. Most are senior fans who get their fixtures at the start of the season & plan their whole year ahead .
They have a fixture that they don't fancy like Caley Thistle away about 2 months ahead & they ask who we have that day ?
Unless it's Scottish Cup week I don't have an answer.
How can we attract these folk when this happens in a regular basis?
Red n black commented earlier elsewhere that this is a great grade of football terribly run I can only agree

Nobody would argue with the Secretary that his job was easy, it is certainly not & he will never please everybody.

But when pub teams & amateur levels can do better than our semi-professional level, it's time to look at how we can improve.

A fixture list is vital.

Hello campnew [emoji4]

Campnew was a good poster who unfortunately got caught up in the shite that is some of the arseholes on this forum. If highriser is his new pseudonym then fair enough . Wouldn't be the 1st decent poster who stood up for himself against the arseholes & got barred . Gingerblastie et al comes to mind

Campnew was a good poster who unfortunately got caught up in the shite that is some of the arseholes on this forum. If highriser is his new pseudonym then fair enough . Wouldn't be the 1st decent poster who stood up for himself against the arseholes & got barred . Gingerblastie et al comes to mind

I used to speak to Campnew at our games with Pollok, or when there as a neutral. Decent guy. Haven't seen him this season on either visit to Newlandsfield though. Maybe he'll be at Blair Park this afternoon.

It's not necessarily the personnel that needs to be changed, it's the rules that need changed to introduce the fixture list. The AGM proposal to introduce a partial season fixture list is an ultimately sensible one in my opinion, and I personally hope the clubs support it. If that's the case, then any personal issues that anybody has with whoever is Fixtures Man next season will be irrelevant.

Nobody would argue with the Secretary that his job was easy, it is certainly not & he will never please everybody.

But when pub teams & amateur levels can do better than our semi-professional level, it's time to look at how we can improve.

A fixture list is vital.

I'm probably going to get pelters for this, but personally I don't think a full fixture list is necessary. It would suffice to publish fixtures four weeks in advance this allowing the secretary to compensate for the vagaries in our weather.

Archived