The Famous Aberdeen European Tour 17/18

NorthernLights

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really frustrating. Surprised there isn't enough call for a late train from Aberdeen down to Glasgow/Edinburgh. Means that short of booking a hotel room European home games are pretty much out of the question for me. Stroke of luck with the Hamilton game moving though as I wasn't able to make the Saturday but can make the Sunday.

There's a train at 22:26 but it only goes as far as Perth for some reason.

The Glasgow Reds run a minibus to all the euro games I believe, not sure about Capital 1903 (Edinburgh supporters club).

OK, Stockley may be better at holding up the ball but you still need someone who can score goals.  Having a big, ball holding centre forward like Stockley playing as a lone striker seems a bit daft to me, Aberdeen were a much better team going forward in the last game once he was subbed.

The other thing Stockley does that Rooney doesn't as much is bring players with him to create a bit of space to run into. Don't get me wrong, 9 games out of 10 I would prefer to see Rooney starting but I can see why McIness likes to use Stockley for certain games. I think he upsets the Celtic defence quite effectively for example so wasn't surprised to see him start the cup final.

Stuck on the runway at Heathrow, was going to land just as the game kicked off but now looks like we'll take off as they get underway. b*****d. Jealous of all you beautiful boys and girls down at Pittodrie tonight. Give them an extra shout from me. Christ these aeroplane seats are uncomfortable.

Archived