The Famous Aberdeen European Tour 17/18

NorthernLights

Not expecting much from the new signings in this one - think it will take them a while to get up to speed, so it's up to the old guard and Christie to do the biz....

Saying that it was Stockley and Wes Burns coming on that turned a 0-0 into a 3-0 at this stage last season.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Aberdeen for work this week, and was thinking of going along for this... although the last time I was working in Aberdeen and wanted to go at a Europa League qualifier, the club refused to sell me a ticket because the police deemed it was a "high risk" game (Groningen I think it was) and because I had never purchased a ticket before I was not allowed to buy one for this game. 

Couldn't believe that the club wouldn't want my money, and it has put me off bothering to get a ticket for a game at Pittodrie ever since

edit: hope they do well though, as they are the last team to be flying the Scottish flag in Europe this season

No - McInnes said in the Press conference there will be no-one broadcasting this and no streams either 

Red TV International has the game live. Just appeared on the website.

Subscribe & VPN if in UK.

Anybody got experience of registering for RedTV International with a UK address? I'm away and can't get along, but I still want to watch the game live. I would rather give the club £8.99 or whatever than wait on the possibility of a dodgy stream. 

I agree Sevco shouldn't have been knocked out but St J were no way supposed to beat the Lithuanian mob. 

Completely disagree. St Johnstone are an established team in European competition playing a team from a country ranked lower than Scotland. They didn't look impressive at all from what I saw. I know Tommy Wright is trying to claim that St Johnstone were underdogs but they really weren't and should have got through.

Rankings don't mean an awful lot. Our ranking is basically just from Celtic playing. Top few sides in these smallish countries could definitely get in our top 6. Taking one look at St J's squad beforehand would tell you they'd struggle and it would be close. They basically had to get a result at home to be in with a chance and failed miserably.

I'm encouraged by the dons squad though, could go on a pretty decent run.

Anybody got experience of registering for RedTV International with a UK address? I'm away and can't get along, but I still want to watch the game live. I would rather give the club £8.99 or whatever than wait on the possibility of a dodgy stream. 

No problems registering with a UK address.

You will need a VPN to change your location to overseas to be able to watch live.

Or subscribe, avoid the score and watch the full game later tonight when it is available to UK customers.

If you are away a lot, it's worth it as you will get every home game live and any away games which are shown live by a broadcaster.

And you are also giving money to your club rather than BT or Sky.

Just now, G-MAN said:

No problems registering with a UK address.

You will need a VPN to change your location to overseas to be able to watch live.

Or subscribe, avoid the score and watch the full game later tonight when it is available to UK customers.

If you are away a lot, it's worth it as you will get every home game live and any away games which are shown live by a broadcaster.

And you are also giving money to your club rather than BT or Sky.

Thanks - I did consider just waiting and watching when the full match was posted to UK subscribers, but I can't trust myself not to check the score during the game. I'll hopefully be able to get the away leg on International too so I'll sign up for it today. 

10 hours ago, xj2011 said:

In Aberdeen for work this week, and was thinking of going along for this... although the last time I was working in Aberdeen and wanted to go at a Europa League qualifier, the club refused to sell me a ticket because the police deemed it was a "high risk" game (Groningen I think it was) and because I had never purchased a ticket before I was not allowed to buy one for this game. 

Couldn't believe that the club wouldn't want my money, and it has put me off bothering to get a ticket for a game at Pittodrie ever since

The excitement of European football returns, and thank goodness for that. The real excitement of going in totally blind against opposition never played before beats most things in football and beats the humdrum stuff of other times of year.

Absolutely this.

Love that fear of going against a total unknown. Especially the way European teams, even the poor ones, can knock the ball about in the middle third, all adds to the anxiety of the occasion.

It's why I can't understand why football fans want Europe to be a closed shop to the 'super clubs'

2 hours ago, Chimter-boys said:

Any Aberdeen fans know if any opposition fans have travelled over?

There's a picture of a couple of guys on the team Facebook page.  Mind you, Maribor only had about 20 fans, and half of them got arrested in a late night rammy on Chapet St!

Archived