Cowden v Arbroath

51 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Think your posts regarding Locke are really harsh especially thanks to him and his coaching staff he gives us a chance to avoid bottom.

We ask for players to show fight which I agree with but where are the fans fight! Another dreadfully flat atmosphere from our home support hearing more atmosphere from the away support!

We still have a fighting chance and the players are capable! 

I would agree re Gary Locke when he came in we had 19 points from 25 games and he has gained 14 from 9. When he took over most folk would have been looking at him getting a bit of consistency and a settled side for the play offs, he has however given us a fighting chance with 2 games to go.

Re the flat atmosphere the away fans make more noise as they are in the old stand was the same with Berwick and Stirling when they brought decent numbers. For games with a decent away support I think the club should look at putting them behind the goal at the Chapel Street end.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

There were 148 smokies in the old stand so 353 home fans. Not great but more than we've had at some games this season.

Is that figure official?

Two shite goals to give away today especially the first one. Everyone fell asleep.

Thought Syme should have scored at the end to earn a point.

What chance the Rumsby winning the 50 50 is unrelated to the MOTM...

1 minute ago, wulliemc said:

Two shite goals to give away today especially the first one. Everyone fell asleep.

Thought Syme should have scored at the end to earn a point.

What chance the Rumsby winning the 50 50 is unrelated to the MOTM...

His mum.

Gerry should have been playing. Last week we were very good without him so the manager wouldn't want to change the defence but he had been playing well.

We were very poor first half Henderson up front just didn't work The defence fell asleep at a corner and Arbroath almost scored . A few minutes later Arbroath got a free kick outside the box and the defence fell asleep again, a simple pass to Doris when everyone expected McCord to shoot and a good finish from the striker.

McCord scored after another mix up in the second half, then we played a bit better and Rumsby scored from a corner.

We did have some chances after that but nothing clear cut.

Why oh why was CJ brought on as the first sub and not Muirhead who should have started.

What a difference a week makes! How we missed Renton.

For me the difference between the teams was McCord. Passed his best but still very good at this level, wish we had a player like that.

Despite Campbell I hope Arbroath go on to win the league but we are in the playoffs now. Sad times.

Archived