Cowden v Arbroath

Another Must win next week just like the last few weeks. Really missed Renton today which meant defence was under more pressure than of late. Caught by sucker free kick move and once Arbroath went ahead, they wouldn't lose it. Too many old heads in their team. 

The Campbell's and their message boy Ritchie will be in Wee Jimmies now lording it up. They hate Cowden with a passion so hope we stay up just to get it up the 3 ugly fuckers.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PELE said:

We need to go all out next week. All guns blazing. Carrick, Renton, Muirhead, Buchanan all on from the start. Keep Johnston well away. Tactics like today's will get us nowhere. Muirhead looks promising, but we keep him on the bench when we are crying out for a player like him.

Would imagine it will be completely different next week with Renton back after suspension get back to the side which done well at Stirling last week. It was always going to be hard today with him out.

Arbroath are a "street wise" side for this league with an experienced side and going for the title it was always going to be difficult.

28 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Another Must win next week just like the last few weeks. Really missed Renton today which meant defence was under more pressure than of late. Caught by sucker free kick move and once Arbroath went ahead, they wouldn't lose it. Too many old heads in their team. 

The Campbell's and their message boy Ritchie will be in Wee Jimmies now lording it up. They hate Cowden with a passion so hope we stay up just to get it up the 3 ugly fuckers.

A 2-1 win against the worst team in Scotland is nothing to "lord up" 

Just hope yous can offer at least a fight against the fermers next week. Buckie will be really tricky over two legs. Think we may have seen the end of Cowdenbeath 

12 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Just hope yous can offer at least a fight against the fermers next week. Buckie will be really tricky over two legs. Think we may have seen the end of Cowdenbeath 

13 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Think you will find Buckie have to play East Kilbride to decide who plays the bottom of the 2nd Division which could be us, Berwick or Clyde as it stands tonight.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

No game plan from Locke. No surprise. Moore totally ineffectual. Buchanan and Muirhead on from the start would have given us a chance and given Carrick some support. He had a hopeless task today.

What do we do? Bring on Johnston. Complete waste of space. Rutherford was murder again and the second goal was his fault. He had a couple of opportunities to clear it and failed.

Arbroath offered nothing special, but hopeless defending from us gave them chances and they took them well. Arbroath actually looked like a team running out of steam after a hard season. Good opportunity wasted. We may have picked up points under Locke, but we still look mediocre and devoid of tactics.

Think your posts regarding Locke are really harsh especially thanks to him and his coaching staff he gives us a chance to avoid bottom.

We ask for players to show fight which I agree with but where are the fans fight! Another dreadfully flat atmosphere from our home support hearing more atmosphere from the away support!

We still have a fighting chance and the players are capable! 

56 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Disagree with you on that following speaking to them in WJS after the game.

It's good to see a local management team do well for themselves and they deserve to win the league

Bit if a disappointment after last week. Crowd were very subdued from the word go for some reason. Arbroath are streets ahead of Cowden right now in footballing terms so perhaps a 1-2 defeat wasn't all that bad. Back to full strength next week and hopefully a win.

Just now, NotAFan said:

Bit if a disappointment after last week. Crowd were very subdued from the word go for some reason. Arbroath are streets ahead of Cowden right now in footballing terms so perhaps a 1-2 defeat wasn't all that bad. Back to full strength next week and hopefully a win.

Yes hopefully to scupper Clyde and Berwicks talk on here of playing for a draw next week. Wouldn't suprise me given the lack of integrity from Clyde

10 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Disagree with you on that following speaking to them in WJS after the game.

It's good to see a local management team do well for themselves and they deserve to win the league

That's my point. When they lose, they never go to the pub, when they win, they go and give it large. Top class wankers.!

they run a home care agency paying girls minimum wage while raking in money from the council. So Pink can now drive about in his Range Rover on the proceeds.

no time for them or their wee hunchback gofor Ritchie. 

43 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Think your posts regarding Locke are really harsh especially thanks to him and his coaching staff he gives us a chance to avoid bottom.

We ask for players to show fight which I agree with but where are the fans fight! Another dreadfully flat atmosphere from our home support hearing more atmosphere from the away support!

We still have a fighting chance and the players are capable! 

I like the coaching staff and I hope Locke keeps us up. I just don't rate him. I don't see any game plan. It looks like we will play pretty much the same way again next week and whimper to defeat. I hope Locke proves me wrong. I don't rate Johnston either, but I wish him well and hope he starts scoring and improving.

Why don't we play a more attacking style? We have players capable of this. Instead, we just resort to lumping high balls forward. Play it on the deck and use the likes of Buchanan and Muirhead and Rooney with Renton and Carrick.

I am not worried by any other team in this league, but it's like we expected to lose today and it's like we expect to lose again next week. Montrose and Stirling aren't superior to us, but they go out looking to win and do.

Archived