June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's 3 resigned now, 29 MP's under investigation for electoral fraud and a candidate actively telling people not to vote for him because he's been made to stand.
Ruth Davidson's getting pictured on a mobility vehicle to take the disabled up hills (for £50) while the Tories remove disability cars from the disabled.  In her eyes the rapeclause is SNPbad.  She's campaigning in Scotland on a no to indyref2 ticket, in complete bare faced contradiction to her 2015 campaign and the bullshit rhetoric of the SNP never shutting up about the independence referendum.
Theresa May won't debate, be interviewed or answer questions from, well, anyone as far as I can see.
The only policy from them so far is to get rid of the triple lock on pensions and raise tax and NI.  Again, complete u-turns on the last general election manifesto.
According to May she needs a strong majority in the commons to support Brexit (cough...stifle dissent....cough) - not a single Brexit vote has been lost or has even been threatened.
And yet here we are.  A pissing contest over who would press the button to wipe out millions of people.  That is the thing that makes May a strong, committed leader and the conservatives the only choice for stable government according to our wonderful commentators.
There's a reason why Tory voters have to spend all their time either justifying it, denying it, or hiding it.

Fantastic post!

May knows the prosecutions are incoming, the majority will be gone, this is a desperate move to gain some extra seats so they maintain some form of majority. 

Copied and pasted from Twitter, in case anyone can't see it.  This is spot on.

OK, prepare for a thread on *those* Tory polls.  Sure, it'd be easy to say I'm upset because I so confidently said the Tories never breached 30% under Davidson's leadership...And sure, it'd be easy to say I'm upset by the prospect some of our best SNP MPs could be in trouble due to said resurgence...So I asked myself: would I be as upset if it was, say, Lib or Lab on 33%, rather than Tory? No, I realised, I wouldn't. Why? It's obvious.  All this hyperbole & sensationalism in politics has desensitised people. "Lab will destroy the economy!" "Libs will wreck democracy!" etc

So when you say "Tory policy is actively destroying lives and killing vulnerable people," the full impact of what that means is lost. This is beyond disagreement, beyond tribalism, beyond ideology: Tory policy is *directly linked* to thousands of deaths.

And they do this while pretending they're fixing the economy, keeping us safe, building us up - they're doing the opposite.  You can't even say "at least you're getting what you vote for" - you aren't. They U-turn on expediency & abandon commitments all the time. Forget Lab or Lib or SNP voters voting Tory - *Tory* voters shouldn't be voting Tory. What the party's doing now is destruction writ large.  Tory voters aren't any safer from Tory predations because they're Tory: look at the flooding crisis a few years back.

In Scotland, there's a saying: "I didn't leave Labour: Labour left me." The Tories will sacrifice their voters just as surely as Lab did.  I don't want to see good, decent, honest people vote Tory, & only realise what they have done in the worst way, & they're cast to the wind.

I don't want to see Ruth Davidson cackling away in victory on a mobility vehicle as her party takes them away from those in need.  Most of all, I don't want the nightmare reality of Brexit hit us, & those Tory voters realise the party never had any intention of helping.  That's why I was so sick on seeing the Tories on 27% & 33% I felt like vomiting - because PEOPLE. ARE. DYING.

When you put aside the constitutional wrangling, the EU negotiations, & all those dry policy details, remember the people the state starved.  When you think of how "sick" you are of elections, remember how "sick" some people are being unable to feed their children.  When you fume in frustration over another referendum, remember how many were denied a voice in the referendum that define their future.

But as I said, it's hard to make this clear, because we're so numbed to sensationalist hyperbole. That's why it's so crucial.  Hell, this isn't even the Tories we're fighting at all: this is an extremist cohort who've taken over a la Blair. Imagine.  Look at what Blair did to Labour, dragging it rightwards. Now imagine that being done to THE TORIES. How far can they go? 

I don't know how much clearer you can make it than "Tory policy is killing people." Because if that's not enough, then God help us all.

3 hours ago, Fide said:

Copied and pasted from Twitter, in case anyone can't see it.  This is spot on.

OK, prepare for a thread on *those* Tory polls.  Sure, it'd be easy to say I'm upset because I so confidently said the Tories never breached 30% under Davidson's leadership...And sure, it'd be easy to say I'm upset by the prospect some of our best SNP MPs could be in trouble due to said resurgence...So I asked myself: would I be as upset if it was, say, Lib or Lab on 33%, rather than Tory? No, I realised, I wouldn't. Why? It's obvious.  All this hyperbole & sensationalism in politics has desensitised people. "Lab will destroy the economy!" "Libs will wreck democracy!" etc

So when you say "Tory policy is actively destroying lives and killing vulnerable people," the full impact of what that means is lost. This is beyond disagreement, beyond tribalism, beyond ideology: Tory policy is *directly linked* to thousands of deaths.

And they do this while pretending they're fixing the economy, keeping us safe, building us up - they're doing the opposite.  You can't even say "at least you're getting what you vote for" - you aren't. They U-turn on expediency & abandon commitments all the time. Forget Lab or Lib or SNP voters voting Tory - *Tory* voters shouldn't be voting Tory. What the party's doing now is destruction writ large.  Tory voters aren't any safer from Tory predations because they're Tory: look at the flooding crisis a few years back.

In Scotland, there's a saying: "I didn't leave Labour: Labour left me." The Tories will sacrifice their voters just as surely as Lab did.  I don't want to see good, decent, honest people vote Tory, & only realise what they have done in the worst way, & they're cast to the wind.

I don't want to see Ruth Davidson cackling away in victory on a mobility vehicle as her party takes them away from those in need.  Most of all, I don't want the nightmare reality of Brexit hit us, & those Tory voters realise the party never had any intention of helping.  That's why I was so sick on seeing the Tories on 27% & 33% I felt like vomiting - because PEOPLE. ARE. DYING.

When you put aside the constitutional wrangling, the EU negotiations, & all those dry policy details, remember the people the state starved.  When you think of how "sick" you are of elections, remember how "sick" some people are being unable to feed their children.  When you fume in frustration over another referendum, remember how many were denied a voice in the referendum that define their future.

But as I said, it's hard to make this clear, because we're so numbed to sensationalist hyperbole. That's why it's so crucial.  Hell, this isn't even the Tories we're fighting at all: this is an extremist cohort who've taken over a la Blair. Imagine.  Look at what Blair did to Labour, dragging it rightwards. Now imagine that being done to THE TORIES. How far can they go? 

I don't know how much clearer you can make it than "Tory policy is killing people." Because if that's not enough, then God help us all.

And here, as if by magic, is a case of the Tories not giving a f**k about the suicide of one of it's members, sweeping the incident under the carpet, hoping we'll forget about it and standing in the way of a police investigation.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/25/conservative-party-police-bullying-report-elliott-johnson

Just another day......

5 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Tories canny be shamed into something that isn't shameful. Tragic stuff from the coalition of chaos.

Not surprisingly, the Equality and human rights commission disagree with you.

I'm wondering what kind of person can consider human rights "tragic".

Gonnae be hard for some labourites to  admit that they will always be 2nd fiddle tae the SNP. But really if they want tae survive as a party in Scotland after this upcoming election, backing indy is their only option.

They will then become relevant again.

Labour pledge the reinstation of student nurse bursaries (thankfully upheld in Scotland) and a scrap on the 1% pay rise for NHS employees.

It is beyond me why England, up in arms about their NHS, will vote for a Conservative government. I genuinely can't fathom it. Brexit had the scapegoat of immigrants, Trump got the support of the 'forgotten man' - who the f**k is voting for a party quite literally the opposite of what they actually know they need? It's not as if they're ignoring the severe decline in the NHS. They know it's happening. But apparently they don't want to help, all the in the name of 'getting on with it'? Cause Jezza doesn't want to nuke everyone? What's the actual reasoning?

Labour pledge the reinstation of student nurse bursaries (thankfully upheld in Scotland) and a scrap on the 1% pay rise for NHS employees.

It is beyond me why England, up in arms about their NHS, will vote for a Conservative government. I genuinely can't fathom it. Brexit had the scapegoat of immigrants, Trump got the support of the 'forgotten man' - who the f**k is voting for a party quite literally the opposite of what they actually know they need? It's not as if they're ignoring the severe decline in the NHS. They know it's happening. But apparently they don't want to help, all the in the name of 'getting on with it'? Cause Jezza doesn't want to nuke everyone? What's the actual reasoning?

I don't get it either. I struggle to see how anyone can look at Jeremy Hunt and want him to have anything to do with the NHS.

Archived