Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

12 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

This, Tories and Labour are Brexit parties imo. 

They can't be anything else as they both stood in the last GE as such.

Edited by ayrmad

34 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

They're voting for the main 2 parties  and therefore also voting for  parties seeking Brexit.

Well....

Not so much seeking Brexit, more a case of half heartedly delivering Brexit because that's what England voted for.

Didn't most members of the 2 main parties  vote to remain in the referendum?

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

Well....

Not so much seeking Brexit, more a case of half heartedly delivering Brexit because that's what England voted for.

Yes and then they ALL stood on a manifesto to deliver Brexit, I actually like the fact that both parties have differing views within their parties, watching the SNP voting through almost everything as one doesn't actually sit too well with me.

8 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Well....

A big majority of Conservative members voted Brexit. 

I'm sure it was reported at 60%ish. 

Think it's the opposite for Labour though. 

ETA unless you were referring to the Scottish Tories in that case you would be correct. 

Edited by Im_Rodger

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Yes and then they ALL stood on a manifesto to deliver Brexit, I actually like the fact that both parties have differing views within their parties, watching the SNP voting through almost everything as one doesn't actually sit too well with me.

Aye. Those SNP MPs who are no really all that hot for independence should come out and say so...... they could split away and form some Change Scotland party.

5 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

A big majority of Conservative members voted Brexit. 

I'm sure it was reported at 60%ish. 

Think it's the opposite for Labour though. 

Most members of the House of Commons are believed to have voted Remain in the EU referendum.

According to a survey of all 650 MPs carried out by the Press Association ahead of the referendum on June 23:

:: 480 MPs said they would be voting Remain, including 184 Conservatives

:: 159 MPs said they would be voting Leave, including 139 Conservatives

:: 11 MPs were undeclared, including four Conservatives

This gives Remain a notional Commons majority of at least 310.

Some 218 Labour MPs said they would vote Remain while just 11 backed Leave.

All eight Liberal Democrat MPs intended to vote Remain, along with all 56 SNP MPs, all three Plaid Cymru MPs, all four Sinn Fein MPs and all three SDLP MPs.

Green MP Caroline Lucas also said she would vote Remain, as did independent MP Sylvia Hermon and the two Ulster Unionist MPs.

The eight DUP MPs said they would be voting to Leave, along with Ukip MP Douglas Carswell.

18 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Aye. Those SNP MPs who are no really all that hot for independence should come out and say so...... they could split away and form some Change Scotland party.

They vote on almost every issue as one in both parliaments, it's not fucking normal, folk just don't agree on every issue in the real world.

Edited by ayrmad

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Most members of the House of Commons are believed to have voted Remain in the EU referendum.

According to a survey of all 650 MPs carried out by the Press Association ahead of the referendum on June 23:

:: 480 MPs said they would be voting Remain, including 184 Conservatives

:: 159 MPs said they would be voting Leave, including 139 Conservatives

:: 11 MPs were undeclared, including four Conservatives

This gives Remain a notional Commons majority of at least 310.

Some 218 Labour MPs said they would vote Remain while just 11 backed Leave.

All eight Liberal Democrat MPs intended to vote Remain, along with all 56 SNP MPs, all three Plaid Cymru MPs, all four Sinn Fein MPs and all three SDLP MPs.

Green MP Caroline Lucas also said she would vote Remain, as did independent MP Sylvia Hermon and the two Ulster Unionist MPs.

The eight DUP MPs said they would be voting to Leave, along with Ukip MP Douglas Carswell.

Aww I thought you were referring to party members and not MP's. 

My bad. 

2 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Politics isn't the real world.

I know and the SNP's voting pattern is even further from reality than the rest, they vote like a cult.

Just now, Loondave1 said:
5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
I know and the SNP's voting pattern is even further from reality than the rest, they vote like a cult.

Think the "like" bit is superflous.

I'm voting for the cult.

3 hours ago, ayrmad said:

To make sure the best policies are introduced.

On the big issues you wouldn't expect to see that at all.  If you don't support brexit for example, you should be resigning from a party that supports it if you have any principles.