New clubs in the East of Scotland

5 hours ago, Burnieman said:

In the final season (2017-18) before the exodus began;

Fauldhouse were runners-up in the ERJFA Premier and would have been promoted to Superleague

Bathgate and Whitburn would have been relegated to the South

Pumpherston and Armadale would have been promoted to the Premier

The remainder were bumping around the South,

In the re-vamped 2018-19 season which basically saw the Premier disappear, Fauldhouse (10th) and Whitburn (4th) entered the truncated 12 team Superleague, everyone else in the "Premier South".

Whitburn and Fauldhouse were the biggest losers out of refusing to move with most others.  Whitburn has recovered, Hoose have had a disaster, Armadale still grappling with it all.

I think Armadale are on the right track and were unlucky not to go up this season. I'd expect them to go up next time now that Bo'ness aren't hogging one of the places.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think Armadale are on the right track and were unlucky not to go up this season. I'd expect them to go up next time now that Bo'ness aren't hogging one of the places.

Bit too much credit to Bo'ness Athletic there. Edinburgh South were finishing beneath Tweedmouth and Peebles last year. Thornton Hibs were able to take the title to the wire.

Armadale are better resourced than both clubs. They've been used to keeping pace with Whitburn/Syngenta/Bo'ness Athletic. They must be disappointed with missing out and only have themselves to blame.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2024 at 14:37, Spyro said:

Yeah I think you are right. There are towns there that have previously, and probably could still have a small team, but a decent, functional amateur league will be their main priority.

Having to work weekend shifts at the time killed it for a lot of people. 

The costs now, the general hassle (dealing with Edinburgh Leisure therefore not playing for months on end), there are lots of other things to do that are much less hassle. 

Referees not being looked after, or trained properly by the SFA

The SAFA being invisible and not really doing much to improve their 'product'. 

Players only playing if they get paid in some way

That's just what immediately springs to mind 

A Stirlingshire club that could make the jump would be Steins Thistle, Scottish Cup runners up last year and Semi Finalists this year. Playing in the SPAFA with their own ground and a league on the verge of collapse. Would be the most westerly club just about in the EOSFL but still within Falkirk Council area.