New clubs in the East of Scotland

4 hours ago, searchers1963 said:

The clubs refused them. Some with the usual you will play first team players. What do they bring to the league  whether it had longevity to some people not wanting to play on Friday nights 

Fair enough. I said if they tightened the player registration rules and played a regular schedule (like Stirling Uni) it would be good, but if they are playing Friday night (when other teams have fringe players playing under 20's), not committed for more than 1 season and wanting to move players between teams when they want, then they need to find themselves a proper reserve league to play in 

8 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Fair enough. I said if they tightened the player registration rules and played a regular schedule (like Stirling Uni) it would be good, but if they are playing Friday night (when other teams have fringe players playing under 20's), not committed for more than 1 season and wanting to move players between teams when they want, then they need to find themselves a proper reserve league to play in 

Livingston already play in the SPFL Reserve League on a Tuesday afternoon. I thought they didn't have enough players to put two weekend sides out, plus they were short of money a while back

1 minute ago, kevsmart said:

I thought they didn't have enough players to put two weekend sides out, plus they were short of money a while back

So I feel entering a 2nd weekend team in a proper league is a bit of an insult to said league. 

It does scream of stability and probably a headache EoS teams could do without. 

Why should half the players in Division 3 have to be available for Friday night games just so some Premier League team can play a few kids in their league? 

Livingston will be struggling to field a team at tier 2 unless their legal saga about ownership somehow works in their favour. Absolutely no chance that their Walter Mitty model could be relied on to maintain a B team outside the top flight.

46 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

Could be 16-16-14-12, going by what is on the wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_East_of_Scotland_Football_League

It will be 16-16-15 and then the third division number will depend on if Broxburn are promoted or not (11 if Broxburn go up, 12 if Broxburn stay down).

Edited by stanley

Surely going to 16-16-16-11 if Broxburn go up is the sensible thing to do as that would match this season - otherwise you'd have a 28 game Second Division and 33 game Third Division...

Edited by Ginaro

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Surely going to 16-16-16-11 if Broxburn go up is the sensible thing to do as that would match this season - otherwise you'd have a 28 game Second Division and 33 game Third Division...

Don't think it can be 16-16-16-11. It's either 4 down all the way or 4 up all the way depending on a deficit or surplus from the LL Play-off.

Broxburn go up its 16-16-15-11

SoS/WoS go up it'd be 16-16-15-12.