Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I've just read the Daily Mail's alternate reality take on yesterday's proceedings, apparently NS is banged to rights, all charges (and more) were proven, she was "almost reduced to tears" and is "showing the obvious signs of someone who has been around too long and knows it's time to go".

"Failed those women" and "Failed the country" is another piece along with "her multiple storylines and memory loss"

Over and above that there's a big piece on "excitable cybernat" Humza Yousaf "tweeting" during the enquiry which is seen as outrageous and another bagging offence.

It's probably worth noting that there's no mention of Margaret Mitchells drunken ? / drugged up ? / plot lost ? rants or the constant "tweets", "interviews" and "press conferences" which have been issued by Ross, Davidson, Greene, etc, etc plus their Labour pal Baillie who even worse is on the bloody committee throughout this "inquiry".

Finally, anyone reading that garbage who was unaware would be led to the conclusion that she was banged to rights, smoking guns aplenty and her position was now untenable.

Dear oh dear oh dear...........

The Daily Mail or disgrace as i refer to it , is not even fit for wiping your arse on. Indeed it almost makes you long for the Sun & Telegraph lol

52 minutes ago, Paco said:

Vote of no confidence sounds like it’s going ahead.

Bit of a no-lose scenario for the Tories. If Labour/Lib Dems join them it gives a real chance of getting rid of Sturgeon, if they don’t then the Tories earn staunch points and win a trickle of votes from boomers who hate Nippy.

Patrick Harvie sounded unconvinced at best at this stage so even a unionist pact is very unlikely to succeed.

I wouldn't describe it as no-lose for the Tories. This was their chance to appeal beyond the staunch No demographic and tarnish NS name with non Tory supporters. They shot their load too early (perhaps because they knew there was nothing else coming) and have made themselves the bad guys of the piece. More grabbing a loss with two hands than no-lose imo.  

7 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

But that won't be monumental to him as he'd already know the name of those he was less than gentlemanly towards, she's being told about her friend and idol, that day would live in my memory until dementia kicked in. 

I think you're applying double standards. Salmond wasn't being accused of being less than gentlemanly. He was being accused of serious sexual assault which would have by his own words potentially seen him been imprisoned and that he denies. I don't think it's credible to hold Sturgeon to the standard that she must remember every detail and order of all of these events but of course it's understandable that Salmond would just muddle up things in a similar scenario.

Edited by Gordon EF

2 minutes ago, paolo2143 said:

The Daily Mail or disgrace as i refer to it , is not even fit for wiping your arse on. Indeed it almost makes you long for the Sun & Telegraph lol

100% agree but I like to know what makes the other half tick and why they think like they do. Quite frankly I don't know how they get away with some of the stories, they're forever printing retractions and apologies but still keep getting away with it.

We used to joke in this country back in the 80's and 90's about PRAVDA but the likes of the Mail and Express are FAR more dangerous and sinister than anything the Soviet state had to offer.

9 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I think you're applying double standards. Salmond wasn't being accused of being less than gentlemanly. He was being accused of serious sexual assault which would have by his own words potentially seen him been imprisoned and that he denies. I don't think it's credible to hold Sturgeon to the standard that she must remember every detail and order of all of these events but of course it's understandable that Salmond would just muddle up things in a similar scenario.

Salmond went through a court of law. 

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well what does that have to do with you thinking it would live with you until dementia kicked in?

I've been in a similar situation over 30 years ago, still know who said what. 

Just now, ayrmad said:

Salmond went through a court of law. 

Salmond was born in Linlithgow.

How are these things relevant. I'm not talking about his guilt or otherwise. I'm saying that being told who's falsely accusing you of a crime is arguably just as memorable as being told someone close to you has been accused of a serious crime.

18 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Why would I need to quote you saying similar when you go on to admit that's how you've always felt?

Pray tell why you decided to post that I was saying similar on Tuesday night then, why did you post that? At what purpose did posting that serve?

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Vote of no confidence sounds like it’s going ahead.

Bit of a no-lose scenario for the Tories. If Labour/Lib Dems join them it gives a real chance of getting rid of Sturgeon, if they don’t then the Tories earn staunch points and win a trickle of votes from boomers who hate Nippy.

Patrick Harvie sounded unconvinced at best at this stage so even a unionist pact is very unlikely to succeed.

Rennie comes across as  pretty decent bloke if a bit useless, Baillie didn't sound overly enthusiastic about the vote when hearing her this morning and Harvie will definitely not go along with it.

The longer this goes on, the deeper the hole the Tories are digging for themselves.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye, I'm sure you do.

Obviously I do, when I start forgetting something of that magnitude those close to me will know I'm losing it. 

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I've been in a similar situation over 30 years ago, still know who said what. 

Yep. This is how memory works though. Some things live with us forever in surprising detail. Some things that we expect we'd remember in detail, we actually remember incredibly poorly.

The test isn't do you remember the things you remember. Of course we all do. The point is there will be lots of details around lots of fairly important points in your life that you don't actually remember as well as you think you do. But you wouldn't know that unless you were asked about them and show your memory to be wrong.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Did anyone get the total of new SNP members yesterday?  Was over 1000 last I heard.

It's funny, the Daily Mail had no mention of that ???

12 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Do you know exact dates and times of when each person said what?

Why would I need to remember that, I do remember that that day preceded all the other fallout from that day. 

13 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Yep. This is how memory works though. Some things live with us forever in surprising detail. Some things that we expect we'd remember in detail, we actually remember incredibly poorly.

The test isn't do you remember the things you remember. Of course we all do. The point is there will be lots of details around lots of fairly important points in your life that you don't actually remember as well as you think you do. But you wouldn't know that unless you were asked about them and show your memory to be wrong.

It's only a few years ago, she must have forgot about that 1st meeting almost immediately.