The 2017 Play-Off Thread

The Naitch

Play-Off Winners  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was.....bloody horrible. We didn't turn up and it was boring to watch. Been saying it all season on here it's too negative football season with balls being passed back the way even throw ins go backwards. Didn't make keeper work either think our first shoot was the goal then think we had 2 or 3 in extra time which is poor for the home team. We really do miss Hooper he's the man that holds the ball up upfront and plays well with Fletcher. 

Would think that Carlos will be now on his way out with Pardew been talked about(I hope fucking not).

Anyways congratulations to Huddersfield played well tonight and would even say they deserve it overall. As for me I'm away for a cry on me pillow:thumbsdown.  

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Why would Carlos be on his way out ? In play offs is pretty good going?

We have improved this season league position wise and points but losing in semi's with negative football and poor team selection and bad tactics and failing twice in the play-offs is what he'll be judged on. If there was a time to go up to the premier league then this season was it and it's a massive chance that we've not took. Huddersfield and Reading are both beatable and I don't think your going to get a much more bigger chance than that. Chansiri had a 2 year ambition for club to be playing in PL and now that the 2 years is up 'what's is next? ' is what is on everyone's lips.

If CC does go (SWFC is the longest he's stayed at one club) then I would like to see Wagner come on board that's if Huddersfield fail to get in the PL or someone like him, Stankovic could be an option if we pay a decent sum but I doubt Fulham would accept. Names of Pardew and McClaren being linked scare me. 

If he decides to stay then recruitment is key and he needs to be more positive in games rather than what last night's rubbish was and many games like that during the season. I got criticised on here for saying how bad we've been performing but because we'd been winning and where we was in league use thought I was being 'harsh'. Think most of use would agree it was a poor performance with boring to watch football and that's what it's been like most of season and it's frustrating to watch. 

Anyways once again Congrats to Huddersfield and hope they can represent Yorkshire next season on the PL. 

Whoever goes up will come straight back down but will be £100m+ better off for one season in the PL.

That's really done teams like Middlesborough the world of good hasn't it?

Starting to think the "£100m game" thing is a bit of a myth.

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

2nd legs of the League Two play-offs tonight. Think I'll stick with the Exeter/Carlisle tie, another 3-3 would be terrific.

Hate to see a team lose on penalty shootout.

Carlisle should have cleared that sooner. Nice finish from Marley Watkins, mind.

Scratch that, it took a deflection. League Two, eh? :rolleyes:

I'm having a mare here. It's Ollie Watkins, not Marley. FFS.

Having watched the very enjoyable Blackpool Luton in the 1st legs I thought I'd give Exeter Carlisle a go this time after all the hype on here. Grrrrr. Thankfully turned over in time for Luton's 2nd.

2 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Having watched the very enjoyable Blackpool Luton in the 1st legs I thought I'd give Exeter Carlisle a go this time after all the hype on here. Grrrrr. Thankfully turned over in time for Luton's 2nd.

Tempted to ditch the Exeter/Carlisle match as well after watching the last 5/10 mins of the first half at Luton.

3 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Yep the Carlisle game has dire.

I`m sticking with it though :1eye

Archived