The 2017 Play-Off Thread

The Naitch

Play-Off Winners  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's that time again. The League One and National League play-offs start this midweek so keep your chat here…

Sky Bet Championship

Reading, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield and Fulham have made it with just the positions to decide.

Sky Bet League One

Scunthorpe vs Millwall and Fleetwood vs Bradford in the semi-finals.

Sky Bet League Two

Luton and Exeter have booked their places with SEVEN teams battling for the last two places going into the final day so all options available on the poll. Mental.

Vanarama National League

Everything settled with Tranmere playing Aldershot and Forest Green playing Dagenham and Redbridge.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to shut sky and channel 5 up and beat Fulham in the play offs over the 2 legs as well as next week. All this crap how they are the team to beat in the play offs and everyone should be scared of them as well as being on this fine form is a lot of rubbish. If the media/pundits did there job then they would realise in reality we're the team to beat in the play offs as we're the in form team in the championship just now but still we don't get noticed because of the southern bias. Even that Aluko on channel 5 last night didn't have a clue saying 'we've already beating Wednesday this season' get your facts correct pal you got a last minute goal to draw 1-1 at the cottage you complete fud.  But as I said before we'll go about our business unnoticed and hopefully it'll be our year this year and I'll be watching MOTD rather than that pish on channel 5 next year. WAWAW

Heading down to Aldershot on Wednesday for our play off semi final against Tranmere. Hope to have a second trip booked for 14th May and a possible first ever trip to Wembley. It's been a brilliant second half of the season. And though happy to be in the play offs (unexpected after the last few seasons) I want to win the damn thing! So cmon the Shots!

Hoping Huddersfield get pumped senseless after Saturday. c***s. Reading is the most boring away trip so get them up.

Anyone but Millwall in League One. Anyone but Luton in League Two. Anyone but vegan Fascists Forest Green from the Conference and hopefully Kidderminster to come up from Conference North.

21 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Why are all the leagues finishing in a funny order? League One then League Two then Championship?

For the telly. 

Staggering the drama. 

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Yes, I get that. But why not a normal order? League Two, then League One, then Championship, for instance? Current order is all over the place.

The FA Cup final gets in the way this year so one of the leagues had to be brought forward a week.

went for Sheff Wed, Fleetwood and Carlisle as play off winners, which has probably jinxed them all.

I'd like to see Tranmere back in the League from the conference after they pushed champions Lincoln City very close.

Suspect Halifax Town and Ebbsfleet will win the conference regional play offs and take the step up into the fifth tier.

Voted for Carlisle to win the League Two playoffs based on nothing more than desperate hope.

Since Wyke was sold to Bradford the arse has fallen out almost entirely, wouldn't be surprised if they finished outside the top 7 this weekend, started so bloody promisingly too.

1 minute ago, The Naitch said:

1st legs of the League One semis are on tonight. Will give the Bradford game a watch so hopefully the other match isn't a seven goal thriller...

I'm also leaning towards starting with Bradford v Fleetwood, but I will inevitably end up switching between both. 

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 13:20, The Naitch said:

The FA Cup final gets in the way this year so one of the leagues had to be brought forward a week.

They must be doing something different with the schedule. In 2015, also a non-WC/Euros year, they all finished the same weekend. I think they're finishing Champ & L2 a week later.

Archived