Queen of the South vs Dunfermline: 5th place showdown

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He doesnt, Im not sure why you think he does.

If only he had gotten booked recently for diving...

Every player who has ever played the game will cheat to a degree, whether it's claiming a throw in when it's never there's or "making the most" of contact, don't start with some shite about how "x" player is an absolute Saint and has never done a dishonest thing in his life, it's nonsense. Was there enough contact to bring him down or even enough to stop him from doing whatever it was he was trying to achieve? Less eh this shite that if someone brushes your skin pad it's acceptable to hit the deck.

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If only he had gotten booked recently for diving...

Every player who has ever played the game will cheat to a degree, whether it's claiming a throw in when it's never there's or "making the most" of contact, don't start with some shite about how "x" player is an absolute Saint and has never done a dishonest thing in his life, it's nonsense. Was there enough contact to bring him down or even enough to stop him from doing whatever it was he was trying to achieve? Less eh this shite that if someone brushes your skin pad it's acceptable to hit the deck.

No one is claiming Dobbie is a saint. However, he isnt a player who goes down easily or dives. Im not sure why you're struggling to understand that

. However, he isnt a player who goes down easily or dives. Im not sure why you're struggling to understand that

He got booked just today for diving.

I'm not sure why you're struggling to understand that.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

He got booked just today for diving.

I'm not sure why you're struggling to understand that.

:huh:

The whole point of this discussion is whether or not the referee was right today. Based on the entire rest of his career, he isnt a player who dives. So, either he suddenly decided to today, which Im not saying is completely impossible, or the referee got it wrong and it should have been a penalty.

:huh:
The whole point of this discussion is whether or not the referee was right today. Based on the entire rest of his career, he isnt a player who dives. So, either he suddenly decided to today, which Im not saying is completely impossible, or the referee got it wrong and it should have been a penalty.

And based on today he is a diver, just like every other player ever he's dishonest, who woulda thunkit.

44 minutes ago, Mr X said:

*cough* Nicky Clark *cough*

*cough* Paul McMullan *cough*

*cough* Joe Cardle *cough*

You should get that seen to. 

Let's be philosophical about this. We were the better team, more possession and chances, and had a good penalty shout denied. Dobbie is brilliant at finding space in the box, that's why he's scored more goals than anyone else, so he was looking to get a shot in. I will also be interested in the replay of the offside goal. And as for the 'winner', surprised Clark had the cheek to celebrate, bizarre doesn't begin to describe it.

However, at the end of the day it didn't really matter, so let's take all the bad luck in an almost meaningless game.

I have to say it was a close game between teams that were well matched, I'm not saying we were streets ahead, I just felt we always looked the more likely to score. 

As ever, bring on next season!

6 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

Let's be philosophical about this. We were the better team, more possession and chances, and had a good penalty shout denied. Dobbie is brilliant at finding space in the box, that's why he's scored more goals than anyone else, so he was looking to get a shot in. I will also be interested in the replay of the offside goal. And as for the 'winner', surprised Clark had the cheek to celebrate, bizarre doesn't begin to describe it.

However, at the end of the day it didn't really matter, so let's take all the bad luck in an almost meaningless game.

I have to say it was a close game between teams that were well matched, I'm not saying we were streets ahead, I just felt we always looked the more likely to score. 

Disagree with queens being better team overall. First half Pars shaded it second half queens did, but there never looked like a goal coming.  Until that moment of hilarity.

why did Carmichael come off? He was your best player by some way.

15 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

With all this talk of Dobbie being the biggest cheat ever, I forgot about the disallowed goal. I have to say, it looked like Tapping had run from quite deep at the time, certainly one Id like to see again too

That missing out on fifth must really be stinging you. Dunfermline had more of the play however Queens, I confess, tested our keeper a few times compared with our pretty much one pass that went in tally.

I was going to stop as I had 3 spare seats but couldn't find a gap to pull in wasn't wanting to create a holdup. Was everyone okay?

I wasn't on the bus just going by what I got told, all passengers are all good though.

Properly pish end of season stuff today. Both sides looked like they could do without playing the game, but overall I felt Queens were slightly the better side and a bit unlucky to lose. We didnt look like scoring all game, and wouldn't have done so without a hilarious goalkeeping mistake.

Hard to say on the penalty shout from the away end, though my immediate instinct was that it wasn't a penalty. Can't really be sure either way though.

Archived