CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a few said he was the best striker in the Juniors before he came in. Showed flashes but never much consistency. The offside thing never bothers me but his touch went from terrific to carthorse, sometimes within the same run. Ironically, his best spell in terms of assists and goals came in the second half of last season when the team were atrocious.

He provided some genuinely brilliant moments (Berwick away, the entire cup run last season, the late winner against Annan) and some fantastic goals but this season has been inexcusable for the state he has got himself into since returning from injury. His performance at Elgin was a disgrace and cost us an important point.

Regardless, I'll still wish him luck.

10 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Gormley gone.

Good luck to him, as been said always gave 100% and on his day unplayable. Of all the players from our current squad i would like to see the back off , he is way down that list. Hopefully hear of more leaving and get in some people who resemble footballers.

One possible on way out which might confirn your post OODM.
Cant say much more
That will indeed be gormley..

Liked him a lot. Gave his all EVERY game chasing back and helping the defence to scoring goals & generally making himself a nuinsance to opposition defences....

Though since his return from injury reports of fitness and that not been good so i wish him all the best & truly thank him for his efforts.

Gormley had a great attitude. But he was slow, short and not that good with his back to goal for being a relatively experienced player. That's to say nothing of his touch or the time he takes to turn. He was only unplayable in the way that Countdown would be if it were broadcast in Mandarin.

As for Gourlay, another keeper was at the very bottom of the priorities pile.

Gormley was a player that really frustrated me mainly down to falling to the floor in search of a foul & being caught offside. You knew he was better than that.

When times were hard though it changed my opinion of him as he never went hiding like the vast majority of the team. His performances in the second half of last season & also the cup run were brilliant. Always gave his all and i commend him for that when other players didnt seem interested.

Shame how this season panned out for the lad but best of luck!

4 minutes ago, Karpaty said:

Are development loans paid in full by the parent club?

Not necessarily. But that doesn't mean we're paying a fee either; matter for private contract between the clubs. I expect we'll be in for buttons or some kind of appearance based 'second choice' arrangement; Dundee holding the stronger hand in the 'who gets to play him' stakes.

Are we going to be playing two 'keepers or something? I hope we are not paying a penny unless Currie is injured. That would just be a waste of money when the rest of the team is so poor. Maybe with Morrison's departure we just needed another goalkeeper though?

That said, he's a good goalie. Possibly better than Currie based on his short stint last season although not clear cut . It will  be interesting to see who starts tomorrow.

Hopefully the first of many. It really has to be.

I wish Gormley the best of luck. There should’ve been loads of duds away before him..

How many of these duds managed to get two and a half seasons at Clyde? Along with Scott Ferguson, he should have been gone long ago.

Hopefully, the other duds are gone soon too.

Are we going to be playing two 'keepers or something? I hope we are not paying a penny unless Currie is injured. That would just be a waste of money when the rest of the team is so poor.

We're crying out for a creative midfielder and striker, not to mention a right back and an aggressive centre half.

I'm totally underwhelmed by the signings so far.

Incidentally, Gourlay is a better goalkeeper than Currie based on last season's Clyde form but wasn't a priority. Good signing if its without cost.

Anyone leaving is a bonus, take you pick really, if we can move another 2 I'd be surprised and delighted; any more than that I'd be stunned! Danny would need to wear a mask and stripy top if he persuades any team to take any of these charlatans!

Agreed, that Gourley is excellent, not priority, but happy to have him back, every finger and toe well and truly crossed that we can actually get some quality in. Also go with everyone that Gormley goes with good wishes but not good enough, never was, but faultless in terms of effort.   

Archived