CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It used to be £30 dunno why it's increased,  it usually wasn't a source of income due to varying numbers each year 

I've heard lots of good ideas such as linking season tickets to membership to increase fan involvement.

I would've thought that, in respect to the drive for more inclusion, that increasing the cost by 33% would be counterproductive. Unless the main purpose is for funding.

Anyway, I've joined again.

1 hour ago, same_ol_g35 said:

I might buy it again. But tbh I wasn't impressed last time I bought it. All you get are those monthly update emails and whenever I sent an email to ask a question it was rarely(if ever) responded to.

Is that not what the owners forum is for ?

Not being awkward here, just think that is where you would ask any questions, not sure if the email address would allow that option.

Is that not what the owners forum is for ?
Not being awkward here, just think that is where you would ask any questions, not sure if the email address would allow that option.

You're completely right, but back then I didn't even know there was an owners forum. It was never mentioned to me. All I got at the time was the little gold card the letter with your 'share' and the monthly email.

I'm not trying deliberately to be negative here, I'm honestly not. But I just found it frustrating at the time. I'm not trying to put folk off buying it. I hope as many as possible do, so we can get more money to the club and use out voices to help promote change from within. I was merely giving my opinion on how that voice may be heard.

They really need to bin the Owners tag and call it for what it really is, a Membership. Like I said to Norrie at the Glasgow Branch event a few weeks ago, if it's £30 for a Membership, then that should automatically entitle you to £30 off the Season Ticket price. Helps engage fans a bit more!

I'm sure the chairman welcomed this and other suggestions to increase engagement with fans.

A few weeks later, no change regarding a way of discounting membership for season ticket holders but the membership cost increases by £10.

I understand that things can't change that quickly but I think increasing the cost sends the wrong message.

Our CIC membership is a token gift/gesture. Fact

Every club from germany to spain works out their running costs and divides it by their fan base to give an accurate running cost and in turn CIC cost...

Does the CIC model suit us or should we be reliant on a possible single beneficiary to help us out then disappear when its unfordable or no longer susitbable(See Grenta n so on) Who knows,Better to play safe than not at all??!

Live within your means and perhaps accept when the good times were good we were living outwith our lifestyle n costs or relying on Mcdonalds. Lethams n Douglas's who disappeared as quickly as putting the cash in

Archived