Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

17 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Did we not bring over 2000 to Ayr at the very start of the season with Lee in charge?

That’s an Ayrshire Derby though, Mickey Mouse could’ve been in charge and yous wouldn’t have brought any less. 

You’re having a great season, no idea why you’d try and float that over us though :lol: just enjoy it while it lasts!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor poor display from the Champions elect . Then to make matters worse they give us the trumpet un-veiling of those awful strips for next season . Straight swap , Agnew and Turner for McGuffie and Crawford. His attempt at stopping the cross for the penalty is nothing short of abysmal , also very lucky in the 1st half as well , running alongside Turner who really should have scored from 6yds out . Sending off all day long . Does that mean Shankers is suspended for Alloa ? Here's hoping we don't keich were pants away at the mighty Alloa .

Wee favour from Stranraer on the Saturday would of course save us any hassle . It'll be a nervy week down Somerset Way .    

Poor poor display from the Champions elect . Then to make matters worse they give us the trumpet un-veiling of those awful strips for next season . Straight swap , Agnew and Turner for McGuffie and Crawford. His attempt at stopping the cross for the penalty is nothing short of abysmal , also very lucky in the 1st half as well , running alongside Turner who really should have scored from 6yds out . Sending off all day long . Does that mean Shankers is suspended for Alloa ? Here's hoping we don't keich were pants away at the mighty Alloa .
Wee favour from Stranraer on the Saturday would of course save us any hassle . It'll be a nervy week down Somerset Way .    

If you’d have Scott Agnew for Robbie Crawford then you’ve lost the plot. Agnew did nothing on Saturday except play the same diagonal ball which mostly resulted in the ball going out of play. Crawford is without doubt one of the top 4 or 5 players in this league and if he’d been fit he would’ve been a shoe in for POTY.

Probably not even in the top 4 or 5 in the Ayr team never mind the league . Offers nothing for me but its all about opinions I suppose . Maybe too old in the tooth having watched too many below par performances from Ayr players for years now . Anyway its all about a win on Sunday regardless the team put out and how s***e the performance . Get us over that line .      

Probably not even in the top 4 or 5 in the Ayr team never mind the league . Offers nothing for me but its all about opinions I suppose . Maybe too old in the tooth having watched too many below par performances from Ayr players for years now . Anyway its all about a win on Sunday regardless the team put out and how s***e the performance . Get us over that line .      

There seems to be a section of supporters that have never really taken to him which baffles me tbh. His ball control at close quarters is superb as is his ability to go past people.

Probably his last season with us as he’s due a move to the Premiership.

5 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

There seems to be a section of supporters that have never really taken to him which baffles me tbh. His ball control at close quarters is superb as is his ability to go past people.

Probably his last season with us as he’s due a move to the Premiership.

Aye, but these guys “ken” fitba.

6 minutes ago, CopaMundials said:

Would have said on Saturday that he was one of our stronger performers as well. As you say its all about opinions, so who would your MoTM have been? For me it was between Adams and Kerr. Kerr showed his experience throughout breaking up play just enough for our players to get back on more than one occasion.  Adams left everything on the park, tackling everything in sight no matter where he was on the park.

Latest ‘boobiegate’ pictures have been released. Do we never learn, although the away top does look nice on a blonde lol. 

As long as the club doesn’t endorse it then we can’t be held accountable for it. Let mad Calvin do his thing and get us plenty of publicity.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad said:

As long as the club doesn’t endorse it then we can’t be held accountable for it. Let mad Calvin do his thing and get us plenty of publicity.

Not going to post them but doing the rounds on the SRE FB page. 

16 minutes ago, CopaMundials said:

Its just getting downright silly now . Think we’ll leave it at that because thats plenty .
Just lets concentrate on winning on Sunday please .

It got downright silly with your player swap suggestion. That's one for the P&B archives.

1 minute ago, CopaMundials said:

No no , I was being serious with my suggestion . probably not the only one that thinks the same . Nothing much we can do just now so lets get the league won then we can re-think our squad .

I know you were, that's why it's so downright silly.

Let's hope you and your Crawford out pals aren't in charge of re-shaping the squad.

Yes how silly . Och it was maybe based on the fact that they've scored about a dozen more goals between them as well , in a team that have struggle all season up until Saturday . But lets not look at the big picture though . Anyhows , lets stick it in the archives .   

Yes how silly . Och it was maybe based on the fact that they've scored about a dozen more goals between them as well , in a team that have struggle all season up until Saturday . But lets not look at the big picture though . Anyhows , lets stick it in the archives .   

So because he’s scored more goals he’s obviously a better player? Absolute nonsense.

Ryan Wallace at Arbroath has more league goals than Moffat so is he automatically a better player? No he’s not because really good players contribute more than just goals to their team.

It’s also worth noting that Agnew has more goals than Crawford because he’s a designated penalty taker and plays in a more advanced position on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

So because he’s scored more goals he’s obviously a better player? Absolute nonsense.

Ryan Wallace at Arbroath has more league goals than Moffat so is he automatically a better player? No he’s not because really good players contribute more than just goals to their team.

It’s also worth noting that Agnew has more goals than Crawford because he’s a designated penalty taker and plays in a more advanced position on the pitch.

Agnew has scored 12 this season, 8 of which have been pens

Archived