Challenge Cup 2017-18

3 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Predictably, there's now Crusaders/Rangers fans on Twitter thinking fhey're not complete diddies after beating a youth team and Linfield scraping past a non-league team. What a grim existence. 

I can't see Linfield or Crusaders getting much further tbh. I think theres a decent chance Albion Rovers would have beaten Linfield.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a strong R2:

Dundee Utd, QOS, Falkirk, St Murn, Dunfermline, ICT,  Linfield, Crusaders, Dumbarton, Rovers, Stranraer, Peterheid, Montrose, Cove Rangers, Elgin, and either TNS or Livi.

Pity both FIA teams are out, but good to see the NI teams go through.

PS thank Fkkk every one of  the youth teams were shown up at teh 1st hurdle. Maybe Doncaster will ditch them for next season.

4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Incidentally I happened to check SPFL website and R1 crowds at Kilmarnock "B" v Berwick and Ross County "B" v Forfar have now appeared... They were 255 and 234 respectively.

So 2 more sub-300 and reduces comparison R1 average to 293

No one really wants to see these youth sides though, they add SFA to the tournament.

The last 16 then:

Montrose

Stranraer

Inverness Cal Thistle

Queen of the South

Dunfermline Athletic

Crusaders

Dumbarton

Dundee United

Elgin City

Cove Rangers

Peterhead

Raith Rovers

Falkirk

Linfield

St Mirren

TNS / Livingston

From our point of view 6 potential opponents North of Perth and another 2 or 3 from a different country. If we are away then I would much rather go to Wales or N Ireland than any of the North sides. About the same travel but paid £5k to go! 

Not roo many attractive away draws actually. Those that arent a long journey are in our division or Raith who were last year and are flying. Stranraer ideal draw for me please. :)

10 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

Its a strong R2:

Dundee Utd, QOS, Falkirk, St Murn, Dunfermline, ICT,  Linfield, Crusaders, Dumbarton, Rovers, Stranraer, Peterheid, Montrose, Cove Rangers, Elgin, and either TNS or Livi.

Pity both FIA teams are out, but good to see the NI teams go through.

PS thank Fkkk every one of  the youth teams were shown up at teh 1st hurdle. Maybe Doncaster will ditch them for next season.

Round 3 actually.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yep. I have said countless times I'm not remotely bothered about the 20s teams playing in it. Theres none of them any good, I dont know why everybody get their knickers in such a twist about it.

You'd let donkeys run in the Grand National then?

7 minutes ago, English Wasp said:

Last year, 4 colt teams beat SPFL opponents (Hearts, Celtic twice, Motherwell and Partick) and this year only three managed it (Ross County, Hamilton and Motherwell), none of whom went any further.

And they only won because Clyde fielded their own 20s against them!

Archived